Faster Casting VS Spell Echo

Fun fact: Spell echo by its self doesn't actually "reduce the mana cost" of the spell. A level 20 spell echo gem increases the cost by around 10%.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
"
"
"
It's worth mentioning that if the text on Spell Echo and Faster Casting is correct. . .

The increased casting speed on Spell Echo is multiplicative, not additive. This is in comparison to Faster Casting's additive casting speed. This is a huge difference, and makes Spell Echo even more powerful in comparison to Faster Casting than it has any right to be.

I love Spell Echo. But why is it that a Level 20 Spell Echo gem has 30% greater casting speed, before you factor in that it's multiplicative, than a Level 20 Faster Casting gem?

why is multistrike better than faster attack?

Where did he say he thinks Multistrike is better than Faster Attacks?

Spell Echo is far stronger than Faster Casting, hands down for the same reason that Multi is far stronger than Faster Attacks.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Chundadragon wrote:
Spell Echo is far stronger than Faster Casting, hands down for the same reason that Multi is far stronger than Faster Attacks.

I don't doubt that at all. Frankly I find it sort of silly to release a support gem that is, hands-down, a more powerful version of another support gem, but that's for another thread.

I was just remarking on BisuProbe's lack of reading comprehension.
"
Achilion wrote:

with

and u basicly have a 8L

im trying to make a build with this staff wwhen i 6L it

so its 30 lvl echo from the staff + faster casting + gmp + faster projectiles + increase crit multi + cold penetration + ice spear

i will test if empower will be better than cold pen but for now im gonna go for cold pen first
cold pen would be an absolute must, drop faster projectiles.
"
"
Chundadragon wrote:

I don't doubt that at all. Frankly I find it sort of silly to release a support gem that is, hands-down, a more powerful version of another support gem, but that's for another thread.

I was just remarking on BisuProbe's lack of reading comprehension.

ok at first i think u are a troll, but now i see what u really are, considering you need someone to explain things for you derp.
"
gilrad wrote:
Fun fact: Spell echo by its self doesn't actually "reduce the mana cost" of the spell. A level 20 spell echo gem increases the cost by around 10%.

Fun fact (Math)
Faster Casting has 120% mana mult.
Spell Echo has 130% mana mult.

But then you cast spell twice with Faster Casting for (120%+120%) mana mult.
And with Spell Echo you cast it twice for 130% mana mult.
Able to count it yourself?

Fun Fact! -_-

P.S. if you're talking about "tooltip cost" (and that's what are you talking about in that quote) - you're wrong. You should measure "end\total cost"
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
Last edited by HarukaTeno on Jul 16, 2014, 7:00:34 AM
Anyone who has the available sockets should run both. Spell Echo is great synergy for Faster casting.

If both are 20/20s spell echo takes faster casting from +49% to +82%
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
Why so aggressive? Did you see me mention faster casting anywhere in my post?

Math is simple: 1.3 (mana mult) * 0.5 (from casting the spell twice and paying for it once) * 1.69 (cast speed multiplier) = .098 or so, roughly 10% increased cost total.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Last edited by gilrad on Jul 16, 2014, 9:20:35 AM
It forces you to stay still for 2 casts. Could get you killed.
"
Katrex wrote:
It forces you to stay still for 2 casts. Could get you killed.

That is the one and only downside. Which is why I normally use faster casting first and use spell-echo once I have enough cast-speed from other sources to make this a non-issue.

It's basically the same issue as with Multistrike. It leaves you rather defenseless if you have a low-attackspeed and are forced to just sit there spam a skill twice.

This is exspecially noticable in Elreons missions, since you have to permanently fire in different directions. You basically waste the echoed cast always because the first cast kills the enemies. The effective dps in this case would be higher with faster casting, since you have more control over the skill.

But for about 90% of use-cases Echo is just better and if you get a Q20 faster projectiles you should have enough cast-speed from tree and equip to make EK work nicely (since the changes to EK it only has 0,8 seconds instead of 1 sec base-casttime, which makes it work a lot better with echo in regards to this).

PS: Another downside is that it works bad with PCoC, since it decreases your actual skill-use time and you can only get a charge per skill-use not per cast.
Last edited by Emphasy on Sep 2, 2014, 12:39:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info