Gorge Clear speeds records

I used shadowplay and the video is 2.7 gig. With my Australian internet uploading it would take me a month so I'll just post the stats, do with them as you wish.

6m13s | BigBirdsRapidFire | Cast on crit | Level 83 | 1 or 2
"
chimpanzee wrote:
"
Skyforth wrote:
"
chimpanzee wrote:
First attempt: Had to backtrack because of a bunch of crabs! Took 5 mins to boss, nearly 2 additional minutes to find the hidden crab pack, and it wasn't recorded properly in Twitch (I have just created an account there so I have no idea how it works)

Best option is to probably use fraps.

And then you end up with a 2 GB video that take a day to upload.
Tried Twitch too, while streaming my latency skyrocketed and the video wasn't even saved.

And at above.

Render with windows movie maker.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
"
chimpanzee wrote:
"
Skyforth wrote:
"
chimpanzee wrote:
First attempt: Had to backtrack because of a bunch of crabs! Took 5 mins to boss, nearly 2 additional minutes to find the hidden crab pack, and it wasn't recorded properly in Twitch (I have just created an account there so I have no idea how it works)

Best option is to probably use fraps.

And then you end up with a 2 GB video that take a day to upload.
Tried Twitch too, while streaming my latency skyrocketed and the video wasn't even saved.

Don't use PoE Twitch streamer. Get OBS (free) or XSplit. I believe you can also stream from Shadowplay now, too.

If you experience performance issues, try streaming from the game direct (in the broadcast software) rather than your desktop.

As for twitch saving, there's options to get twitch to archive, it won't save if you don't set it (and even then will now be deleted after so long).
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Jul 15, 2014, 11:40:47 AM
Too late, I've run my third Gorge already and recorded it on fraps.
I'm trying to render it on movie maker in order to reduce the recording's size.
Thanks for your time.

EDIT: Size was reduced to a mere 33MB! You're a freaking' wizard Skyforth!

Now my submission, finally!

4m 38s | VaalScientist | CI incinerator (in vid) | 87 | Video | Veri. in vid | 2

Gear

/remaining count is 0. Sorry that I did not include in video.
Also sorry for the quality butchery. It's Movie Maker's fault.
Another quality ZAP! post.
Last edited by chimpanzee on Jul 15, 2014, 1:19:44 PM
4:19 | Rely_Meh | CI Detonate Dead | 87 | Video | Verification | 3

Gear

Probably messed up the Verification thing. You can see my gear at the start of the first video and it's the same.

Seems like DD is slowed down by the time it takes Desecrate to recharge, and my build is slowed down by my double cursing. Could still 1 shot most mobs without cursing, but I wasn't really thinking about that when running.

edit: I hadn't noticed the no snapshot disclaimer in Kaiserin's post, so my time is unfortunately null. Not snapshotting would only lose me Purity of Fire and Purity of Lightning which whilst not impacting my clear time, is obviously still clearly against the rules. I may post another video if I can be bothered.

2:37 | Mezzovoce | Low life Spectral Throw | 91 | Video | 8-9

Time starts from 0:10 when I cast Blood Rage and ended when the boss died at 2:47. Last couple of seconds is me doing a /remaining (2 left). Best time I got in practice was 2:24 and I reckon circa 2 mins is definitely possible with this gear.

GEAR

Was a pretty messy run overall (quite a few instances of back tracking and desync). And my apologies for YT butchering the quality.
IGN: Mezzovoce
Shop: 958901
GMT (London)
Last edited by Sotto_voce on Jul 15, 2014, 1:11:44 PM
"
Sotto_voce wrote:

Time starts from 0:10 when I cast Blood Rage and ended when the boss died at 2:47. Last couple of seconds is me doing a /remaining (2 left). Best time I got in practice was 2:24 and I reckon circa 2 mins is definitely possible with this gear.

GEAR

Was a pretty messy run overall (quite a few instances of back tracking and desync). And my apologies for YT butchering the quality.

Sorry for going OT but why were you spamming multiple Atziri's Promises at the same time? The effects don't stack. Or do they? o_O
Last edited by f4sak3n on Jul 15, 2014, 12:37:28 PM
They don't stack. I just have a habit of trying to hit all my potions at the same time - they're all Surgeon's usually so they recharge quick enough that I don't worry about the charges. I was trying to focus on going as fast as possible not thinking about the flasks!
GMT (London)
"
Sotto_voce wrote:

GEAR

Pretty sure the OP says no snapshotting in the rules. You clearly start the video with all life auras precast and a Covenant in your inventory.
"
BigsMcGee wrote:
"
Sotto_voce wrote:

GEAR

Pretty sure the OP says no snapshotting in the rules. You clearly start the video with all life auras precast and a Covenant in your inventory.

I didn't see that, but the snapshotting had absolutely 0 effect, it's just habit to me. I'd simply lose 2 Aura, which wouldn't have to even be an offensive one. Do you really think not having Purity of Fire and Purity of Light would change the time?

I suppose if its in the rules I had better record another one, but it will take a while to upload with my awful internet connectoin.
GMT (London)
Last edited by Sotto_voce on Jul 15, 2014, 12:51:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info