Creating a Unique Item

Will Scythes ever become a base weapon type rather than being shoehorned into 2H Axes?
Garrison - Closed beta Elemental Cleave DW Duelist
320% increased global crit chance at level 80? That seems insane!
looks like a pretty good weapon for a crit spell caster. and here's why:

- global crit applies to the spells
- crit leech isnt exclusive to physical damage
twitter: LeonoftheChan
Its really AWESOME unique! Already wanna this item ingame!
As others already mentioned, this will see its "true potential" reached through spells, which isn't immediately obvious considering it's a 2H axe. The downside is significant (no increased spell damage, no shield, no cast speed, etc.) but having 320% spell crit at level 80 is pretty damn sweet! If you're using a spell with 6% base crit, you're going to be adding 20% crit chance with this weapon.

Additionally, you get 6% leech on crit: depending on your crit chance, this could replace the need for a life leech gem. The flask mod is really interesting as well. Adding charges to diamond flasks when you crit will be especially interesting :).

Overall a very well-designed unique. It has possibilities that aren't immediately obvious, stokes a theorycrafter's imagination, and has appropriate downsides built-in so it's not just a pure "power" unique.
IGN: Jihokinetic
Last edited by Jihoko on Jul 13, 2014, 8:40:11 PM
Ok This was a very interesting read, I really liked a look at the methodology of the design process.

I worry about this in tandem with purity auras, elemental flasks, and diamond flasks. i will take this to assume these may be changed.
Last edited by BNips on Jul 13, 2014, 8:42:17 PM
If only we could get this in the Softcore 4-Month League... Then you could go full YOLO with a Crit Build.. :(

Which is weird, since the Hardcore-Only Uniques are generally more defensive, and the Softcore-only ones are generally more offensive.. (ie. Drillneck vs Rearguard)

This weapon has more dps than Geofri's, can crit and crit A LOT, and has leech on crit.
A very good twink leveling weapon, that then transitions into crit caster weapon endgame.
(most casters lvl up with ST/LeapSlam Geofris and transition late-game anyway. this item does it in one...)

Very cool. ^.^
Good job Nick. :)
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Jul 13, 2014, 9:00:18 PM
LET IT GROW!
wtf and its global.
this is going to be sweet as hell. I may try to farm the currency to respect my CoC bow toon to try this out with it and see what It can do lol
The past is a ghost that haunts you from the moment it exists, until the moment you do not.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info