[2.1 Ghazzy - Summoner Guides] Low Budget Builds

I've recently done testings with a 1h/shield line up, where i used 22% cast speed as well as benchcrafted cast speed on the shield to make up for the loss of the extra lvls provided by the staff that by average gives 10% "more" DPS per lvl.

I did this in a CI version seeing as it was easier to gain high eHP with the use of ES on Shield nodes together with Infused Shields.
The result was just barely being capable of handling Atziri but it felt VERY unstable, had the trio fight not ended up the way it did that would most likely have caused the failure.

(vid on my youtube channel: www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV)
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
"
doka001 wrote:
It will be much more interesting with a Shield and instead of a staff to use

Midnight bargain is more of a zombie/spectre weapon, not really ment for SRS, so I wouldnt recommend it. A 22% cast speed wand/sceptre/dagger is always gonna give more damage output, without a price of having to reserve an extra 30% of your life. If you want to see a build that uses midnight bargain to its full purpose: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1033467. Given, its a way less stronger build, but also a bit more fun to play
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
"
Ghazzy wrote:
I've recently done testings with a 1h/shield line up, where i used 22% cast speed as well as benchcrafted cast speed on the shield to make up for the loss of the extra lvls provided by the staff that by average gives 10% "more" DPS per lvl.

I did this in a CI version seeing as it was easier to gain high eHP with the use of ES on Shield nodes together with Infused Shields.
The result was just barely being capable of handling Atziri but it felt VERY unstable, had the trio fight not ended up the way it did that would most likely have caused the failure.

Since when u so fast :P
"
Ghazzy wrote:

Midnight bargain is more of a zombie/spectre weapon, not really ment for SRS, so I wouldnt recommend it. A 22% cast speed wand/sceptre/dagger is always gonna give more damage output, without a price of having to reserve an extra 30% of your life. If you want to see a build that uses midnight bargain to its full purpose: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1033467. Given, its a way less stronger build, but also a bit more fun to play

1 damage gem lvl 21 SRS---(323+483)/2 = 403 + 30% = 524
damage gem lvl 24 SRS---(432+647)/2 = 540
not strongly big difference
Remains still:
Midnight Bargain + Minions have (10 to 20) of % of increased Movement Speed + Shield!!!!!!!!!
The top staff +3 gems levels can have + 10% of increased Cast Speed (such staffs a big rarity and they cost very much)
2 life - 30%, lvl 91:
4 auras - Determination, Haste, Hatred, Clarity
Life reserved: 1603
Life: 2026/3629
Shield: 6092
---------------------------------------
So I don't see advantages EVEN a top staff over Midnight Bargain + we have Shield!!!
Last edited by doka001 on Oct 31, 2014, 7:54:56 AM
"
doka001 wrote:

Remains still:
Midnight Bargain + Minions have (10 to 20) of % of increased Movement Speed + Shield!!!!!!!!!
The top staff +3 gems levels can have + 10% of increased Cast Speed (such staffs a big rarity and they cost very much)
2 life - 30%, lvl 91:
So I don't see advantages EVEN a top staff over Midnight Bargain + we have Shield!!!

One thing you need to consider is that a +3 staff gives empower +1, and consider overall DPS. I did this using my DPS tool. With 1h/shield you'd use minion damage instead of empower, and you'd have maybe 20% inc cast speed compared to a staff build. In my calculations that's about 1.5M DPS. With a staff, it's 2.2M DPS. So staff is 46% more DPS.

OTOH a shield is 500 ES at best, on my tree that would be about 1.5k ES in total. So my stats would go from 2.8kHP+5.4kES to 2.8kHP+7.9kES, or 30% more effective HP. You could also get 75% block with a shield, or 75% spell block if you use saffell's+Rumi.

The question to me is what does a shield allow you to do that a staff doesn't. Given that Ghazzy has done uber with his staff build, I've done it with mine, there currently isn't any content in SC that a shield would let you do that a staff doesn't let you do a little faster. However, a shield-based build does seem like a good idea for HC.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
"
doka001 wrote:

Remains still:
2 life - 30%, lvl 91:

One thing you need to consider is that a +3 staff gives empower +1, and consider overall DPS. I did this using my DPS tool. With 1h/shield you'd use minion damage instead of empower, and you'd have maybe 20% inc cast speed compared to a staff build. In my calculations that's about 1.5M DPS. With a staff, it's 2.2M DPS. So staff is 46% more DPS.

OTOH a shield is 500 ES at best, on my tree that would be about 1.5k ES in total. So my stats would go from 2.8kHP+5.4kES to 2.8kHP+7.9kES, or 30% more effective HP. You could also get 75% block with a shield, or 75% spell block if you use saffell's+Rumi.

The question to me is what does a shield allow you to do that a staff doesn't. Given that Ghazzy has done uber with his staff build, I've done it with mine, there currently isn't any content in SC that a shield would let you do that a staff doesn't let you do a little faster. However, a shield-based build does seem like a good idea for HC.

I agree, not completely I counted +1 gem but if you have no top staff, and I don't have it, Midnight Bargain - the best choice. Thank you for explanations
Well, I wanted to make a cheap srs and with this I can do level 75+ maps (didnt even max gems yet):

Clarity, hatred and anger is on mana. Discipline and haste on life.
"
doka001 wrote:

I agree, not completely I counted +1 gem but if you have no top staff, and I don't have it, Midnight Bargain - the best choice. Thank you for explanations

What I personally mentioned wasnt staff vs 1hander, but midnight bargain vs a cheap 1h cast speed weapon.

What bargain gives you is truly marginal compared to the price of ~30c-1ex for a wand you can get for 3 chaos.

A normal wand gives you 22% cast speed (bargain doesnt give this) while bargain gives max 30% minion damage. However, minion damage is less effective than cast speed, since the build already picks up loads of minion damage from the tree, but not the same amount of cast speed. Hence, bargain gives less "calculated" dps than a 22% cast speed wand or sceptre.

Second thing is that a wand can also give Increased mana regeneration, flat mana and intelligence, which ALL are very important stats to have. Midnight bargain gives you minion speed, which, to be honest, is only marginally important.

Most important thing of the situation, is that midnight bargain obligates you to go Low life or hybrid, while HP based and CI are excluded, tho those 2 exact builds you would even go 1h + shield, since you would only do that for hardcore, or budget, which low life and hybrid certainly are not, due to their pretty steep gearing requirements.

TL;DR:

GO 1hander, its all good, but use:

A 3 chaos weapon over:

a 30c-1ex weapon. Take it from someone who played both, and thus knows the difference.
"
leary93 wrote:

A normal wand gives you 22% cast speed (bargain doesnt give this) while bargain gives max 30% minion damage. However, minion damage is less effective than cast speed, since the build already picks up loads of minion damage from the tree, but not the same amount of cast speed. Hence, bargain gives less "calculated" dps than a 22% cast speed wand or sceptre.

With 90% minion damage from tree and no MD in SRS-link 30% MD is slightly more DPS than 22% cast speed (see my DPS tool) and less mana/sec cost too. With 105% MD from tree and MD in link, 22% cast is about 2% more dps than +30% MD, but it costs 30 mana/sec more too.

Also wands aren't ideal. You can get a scepter that has everything that a wand has, and in addition it allows you to perform fast leap slams.

All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
"
MatrixFactor wrote:

With 90% minion damage from tree and no MD in SRS-link 30% MD is slightly more DPS than 22% cast speed (see my DPS tool) and less mana/sec cost too. With 105% MD from tree and MD in link, 22% cast is about 2% more dps than +30% MD, but it costs 30 mana/sec more too.

Also wands aren't ideal. You can get a scepter that has everything that a wand has, and in addition it allows you to perform fast leap slams.

Sorry I assumed the 105% MD, but considering a 1hander can give mana and mana regen the mana/sec extra in cost is made up more than it costs you. Of course a sceptre is better due to leap slam ability etc, Its why im using a sceptre, just dont consider it the most important factor of choosing your weapon, since lightning warp is pretty fast regardless with enough cast speed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info