[2.1 Ghazzy - Summoner Guides] Low Budget Builds

Hello!
Really cool guide. I also saw your(Ghazzys) DPS guide for SRS on youtube, which I found really funny :)

I need some advice. I ended up writing pretty much my lifestory in this reply. If you would like to help me out but skip it, scroll down to the last part of my message, starting under -------

I was hoping for some advice on my new SRS character. Been trying to follow the guide, but there is most likely stuff I have missed.
I have not put in that many hours in this game yet and could be considered a novice, even though I made my account quite some time ago.

Easiest way for me to learn is by doing, so I've gone about learning this game by trying out a few different builds and this is my first summoner in POE.

What I was hoping for and looking for was a build that could clear high level content, with at least decent clear speed.
It has been going pretty good so far, but I've run in to some problems.
I have trouble killing bosses like Merveil and the boss in phantasmagoria. I can keep alive, but my summons can not. It takes too long to kill them, so it becomes dangerous.
Their aoe kill my zombies and SRS before I kill them, and then while I summon more they regenerate shield or summon minions of their own.
I tried to solve this by making room for a vaal haste, hoping for some nice burst damage. Instead I ran out of chromes so now I have nowhere to put spell totem/arc/summon skeletons and desecrate. I've been gathering new chromes to roll on my chest, but it feels like I should buy a new one anyway.
I wonder what items I should be looking for, both end game, super good stuff to keep motivated, as well as realistic easy upgrades.

------------------------
So in short:
Here is my profile: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/fesru/characters
Character I need help with is XXXLordofsummoningXXX
I want to increase my damage. I want to be able to safely kill bosses and do high level maps.

What if any is the unique items I should be saving up for?
What pieces of gear(shit) should I replace first? Where is it worth it to spend more?
Don't really know what to look for. I feel like the prices go from 1-3c, to 20c, then an exalt or more. I feel the quality between 1c and 20c is pretty much the same, so I mostly buy cheap items looking for the most value out of the currency.
The only thing I wear that wasn't cheap is the pledge of hands, which I bought with too much spell damage so I spent too much on it in my ignorance.
I have about 90-100 chaos, about the same amount in other currency, and an exalt.

Anything I should respecc?

I also need tips other than what to buy or spec - really grateful for any advice/constructive criticism.

EDIT: Rolled a little on the chest and can now use vaal haste, which made a huge difference on the clear speed.

Last edited by fesru on Jan 8, 2016, 7:09:34 PM
Hey Ghazzy,

My Gear
Spoiler

My chaos, elemental resists are all capped, I have 7.5k EHP with all the auras running. My specters die within seconds in 73+ maps. My damage output and survivability just seems really bad compared to what it used to be since I last played SRS. I mainly do mapping in small groups with friends, so any tips on what gear to change, gems to change, etc would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I am following your SRS hybrid build.
Last edited by dupie on Jan 12, 2016, 8:13:17 AM
"
dupie wrote:
Hey Ghazzy,

My Gear
Spoiler

My chaos, elemental resists are all capped, I have 7.5k EHP with all the auras running. My specters die within seconds in 73+ maps. My damage output and survivability just seems really bad compared to what it used to be since I last played SRS. I mainly do mapping in small groups with friends, so any tips on what gear to change, gems to change, etc would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I am following your SRS hybrid build.

Hm... I would recommend changing out the skellies for Arc and see if the damage boost from EE helps you out enough with the higher content, which it should.

If you still have issues there come in to our Discord server and type in the Path of Exile chatroom and we'll take a deeper look if needed. :)

Discord Server invite link: https://discord.gg/0brDu5dLCAVIcBMr

"
fesru wrote:
Hello!
Really cool guide. I also saw your(Ghazzys) DPS guide for SRS on youtube, which I found really funny :)

I need some advice. I ended up writing pretty much my lifestory in this reply. If you would like to help me out but skip it, scroll down to the last part of my message, starting under -------

I was hoping for some advice on my new SRS character. Been trying to follow the guide, but there is most likely stuff I have missed.
I have not put in that many hours in this game yet and could be considered a novice, even though I made my account quite some time ago.

Easiest way for me to learn is by doing, so I've gone about learning this game by trying out a few different builds and this is my first summoner in POE.

What I was hoping for and looking for was a build that could clear high level content, with at least decent clear speed.
It has been going pretty good so far, but I've run in to some problems.
I have trouble killing bosses like Merveil and the boss in phantasmagoria. I can keep alive, but my summons can not. It takes too long to kill them, so it becomes dangerous.
Their aoe kill my zombies and SRS before I kill them, and then while I summon more they regenerate shield or summon minions of their own.
I tried to solve this by making room for a vaal haste, hoping for some nice burst damage. Instead I ran out of chromes so now I have nowhere to put spell totem/arc/summon skeletons and desecrate. I've been gathering new chromes to roll on my chest, but it feels like I should buy a new one anyway.
I wonder what items I should be looking for, both end game, super good stuff to keep motivated, as well as realistic easy upgrades.

------------------------
So in short:
Here is my profile: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/fesru/characters
Character I need help with is XXXLordofsummoningXXX
I want to increase my damage. I want to be able to safely kill bosses and do high level maps.

What if any is the unique items I should be saving up for?
What pieces of gear(shit) should I replace first? Where is it worth it to spend more?
Don't really know what to look for. I feel like the prices go from 1-3c, to 20c, then an exalt or more. I feel the quality between 1c and 20c is pretty much the same, so I mostly buy cheap items looking for the most value out of the currency.
The only thing I wear that wasn't cheap is the pledge of hands, which I bought with too much spell damage so I spent too much on it in my ignorance.
I have about 90-100 chaos, about the same amount in other currency, and an exalt.

Anything I should respecc?

I also need tips other than what to buy or spec - really grateful for any advice/constructive criticism.

EDIT: Rolled a little on the chest and can now use vaal haste, which made a huge difference on the clear speed.

Heya, cheers, im glad you like it!

To get easier help in the future with my builds, or any other builds in the game I would strongly recommend checking out our Discord server where we are growing a community of people enjoying to play games and in here you can get help with tons of questions much faster. And you can also PM me in Discord for bigger questions :)

Discord Invite link: https://discord.gg/0brDu5dLCAVIcBMr

-----

Checking your gear out first:
Your chest piece is a hybrid Armour/Evasion piece which makes it rought to color as red and blue are main colors.

The chest also lacks a good life roll (Recommended to be roughly 80+ at least. And I'd suggest a pure Energy Shield piece for easier coloring)
Your Boots also lacks a proper life roll (Suggested to be at least 60+)
Same goes with the helmet, recommended life roll: 75+
Your amulet only has a crafted life roll of 25, I'd recommend at least 60+ and more resistances if possible (or dexterity if required)
Your first ring has 0 life gain as well, that must be sorted asap!
Second ring looks really good, resistances are great, life is good, nothing to complaing on that one (Item name: Havoc Knot Two-Stone Ring)
Gloves looks solid, great resistance, great life, wouldn't change them if i were you :)

I would recommend you roll either "Bubbling" or preferably "Seething" on one of your flasks (Divine Flask) and the other "Eternal Life Flask" can be w/e that isn't instant healing. To have a much smoother health potting.

Try changing added chaos for Melee Physical if your mana pool allows it. Pledge of Hands usually allows you to play with the best support gems for SRS without screwing your mana pool entirely.

Skilltree:

If you can get enough dexterity on your gear (easiest via the amulet) you don't need the +30 node.
Some more life nodes could be good if you wish to up your personal defence.

However, the biggest issue is found in your tree as to why your damage is lacking!

Jewel prio list:
MINION DAMAGE > Spell Cost Reduction > Cast speed (such as: Cast/atk speed or Cast speed - or cast speed with fire skills or cast speed whilst wielding a staff)

If you don't have minion damage on the jewel it is simply not worth using for the SRS build!

I hope my feedback helped you get on the right track to hit end game maps!
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Ghazzy can you please explain how combination of Mind Over Matter + Eldritch Battery + Zealot's Oath helps to survive ? I don`t understand mechanics. Mind Over Matter absorbs 30% of the damage. But the remaining 70% of the damage bypass Energie Shield + Eldritch Battery and directly reduce HP ?! So what good is it if witch easily gains high Energie Shield and can absorb more than 30% of the damage whith Energie Shield?
Last edited by Max_ak on Jan 15, 2016, 4:44:37 AM
Last edited by Max_ak on Jan 15, 2016, 4:30:00 AM
"
Max_ak wrote:
Ghazzy can you please explain how combination of Mind Over Matter + Eldritch Battery + Zealot's Oath helps to survive ? I don`t understand mechanics. Mind Over Matter absorbs 30% of the damage. But the remaining 70% of the damage bypass Energie Shield + Eldritch Battery and directly reduce HP ?! So what good is it if witch easily gains high Energie Shield and can absorb more than 30% of the damage whith Energie Shield?

MoM mitigates 30% of the damage you would have taken to your life by taking it out of your mana. With EB, what happens is MoM will take that total damage mitigated from your energy shield instead of your mana. ZO allows you to passively regenerate your energy shield so you can cast your spells/minions/curses.

Why would you do this when witch can just go hybrid and get a lot of life and energy shield? Well, it allows you to sustain something like SRS pretty well without investing in mana/mana regeneration nodes/gear. You also end up being able to reserve 100% of your mana --so more auras.

Before you spec into EB/MOM/ZO, you should have a decent amount of energy shield (1000+). Your energy shield total should be your life total divided by seven and multiplied by three.

For example:
You have--
7000 Life

7000 / 7 = 1000
1000 x 3 = 3000

To make full use of MoM damage mitigation with 7000 life you should have at least 3000 energy shield. This character's effective life total is 10000. Any energy shield points above 3000 will not add to the effective life total of this character, but more energy shield is never a bad thing.

This is the bare minimum. It won't truly be making full use of MoM mitigate since you will end up using your energy shield for casting and you end up a bit (or a lot) short on energy shield when you take a hit. I like to aim for something like your life total divided by seven and multiplied by four. It depends on how to feel with the build whether it needs more energy shield or not, but you should never go below the bare minimum.
Last edited by bmadfsh on Jan 15, 2016, 6:58:10 AM
By the way, what are your thoughts on Raise zombie-Minion life-fortify-chaos golem. I've been using it instead of elemental resistances and it feels great, but this is my first time playing summoner and I'm barely in A2 merciless on the HC talisman.

Are the elemental resists too valuable to give up for the 4% phys damage reduction and basically an extra super tanky zombie?
@bmadfsh
Thank you for the response, its accurate :)

------------

My thoughts on Zombies with min life and fortify works very well in having them as meatshields. Problem i've encountered is that they die vs elemental damages more often than physical hits.

More minions are better than 1 super tanky one due to the AI agro changes recently implemented.. :/
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
"
bmadfsh wrote:
To make full use of MoM damage mitigation with 7000 life you should have at least 3000 energy shield. This character's effective life total is 10000. Any energy shield points above 3000 will not add to the effective life total of this character, but more energy shield is never a bad thing.

So for example Mind Over Matter + Eldritch Battery + Zealot's Oath can give more survive results for combo builds (with Armor/ES gear etc), but not for pure ES builds?
Last edited by Max_ak on Jan 15, 2016, 9:56:13 AM
"
Ghazzy wrote:
@bmadfsh
Thank you for the response, its accurate :)

------------

My thoughts on Zombies with min life and fortify works very well in having them as meatshields. Problem i've encountered is that they die vs elemental damages more often than physical hits.

More minions are better than 1 super tanky one due to the AI agro changes recently implemented.. :/

I prefer to run with just SRS, I tried the whole zombie thing and I personally find they just get in the way, take up sockets, and die regardless of supports chosen! This is mostly because being SRS we don't pick up the minion life nodes, minion leech nods, resist nods, or regen nods, so right off the bat they are weaker by a great deal in the terms of survivability. I found I was re-summoning at least 3 or 4 times per map, and it can get rather annoying! Once a certain level of dps and life source has been reached it becomes more apparent they are a complete waste!

I instead run a CWDT setup in their place, IC > Enfeeble > Inc D > 725 Cwdt

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info