guardians

You shouldn't be forced to kill anything other than the other player in pvp, they've already added them and probably won't remove them because people think fusing ai = skill rofl. And I'm not comparing to d2 lld, which was insanely linear and boring after you got the best gear.

Again, this is why I'm against this poe arena passing through you, greendude, it's not even because it's you, it's a balance issue and ggg gives 0 fiddling fucks about balance.
Last edited by robbie5325 on Jul 13, 2014, 12:12:52 PM
"
robbie5325 wrote:
You shouldn't be forced to kill anything other than the other player in pvp, they've already added them and probably won't remove them because people think fusing ai = skill rofl. And I'm not comparing to d2 lld, which was insanely linear and boring after you got the best gear.

Again, this is why I'm against this poe arena passing through you, greendude, it's not even because it's you, it's a balance issue and ggg gives 0 fiddling fucks about balance.

They care. they just care more about getting the main game acts done b4 they tackle such big deals. Nonetheless, I can almost guarantee there will be a few minor changes to pvp after 1.2.0 as they will have more time on their hands.

As for it being a balance issue: You are convinced that the animate guardians are not balanced in their current state yet most of this thread is argueing they actually are fine and do not break the balance of the game currently.

So the real issue is that you wish GGG would come here, read your post and take your feedback alone, and just ignore those who post here saying they like how it is now. The guardian meta game is indeed quite balanced. It rarely, if ever, dictates who will win, or provide significant advantage other than maybe for flickers (even then, I manage to kill the guardian when it is out of range of the player a lot).

You've made your point and you've raised a debate. People will read this thread, give their input and you can debate it further. This isn't a problem. The issue is when you don't care about other people's argument and still insist that your feedback alone is the only real feedback.

Let's keep talking about guadians without starting a witch hunt again where you point at people and attack them personally. That kind of stuff gives this forum section a bad name.
IGN: @GreenDude
Thank you for your input and everything else, but balancing is not done by the community, and if it was all games would be eternally fucked..

I just don't think they should have ever been added to pvp, in my opinion there is absolutely no reason for AI in pvp, it doesn't work on ARPG's.
Last edited by robbie5325 on Jul 13, 2014, 12:52:06 PM
Actually player feedback in competitive games (like pvp ones) is always solicitated by companies as the real experts are those who spend all day on it. I'll be honest, GGG does not know as much about their own pvp as some of the players here do.

If they copy our characters onto their test realms (which is something they can do) they would still not have the same win/losses as us if we played our own char because it isn't just a hold left click game.

I can't say if Animate is OP in teams, but in 1v1 i'd argue they add a level of strategy and force players to think rather than just rush in (which is very useful for the poor casters).

In teams its hard to say because theres surprisingly few players who keep their AG on. Perhaps because it can be too easily sniped by a random projectile.
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on Jul 13, 2014, 1:01:42 PM
"
robbie5325 wrote:
You shouldn't be forced to kill anything other than the other player in pvp...

Well damn... I guess I'll have to abandon my pvp summon raging spirit build then. :/
IGN: _Firebitch
Last edited by Firebrand76 on Jul 13, 2014, 1:04:27 PM
What you say makes no sense, if you're casting raging spirits they're trying to kill the enemy, if you're against a raging spirits the only reason you should kill spirits is if you're ranged and trying to hit the caster.

Greendude, that's only true of small companies, and lets be honest here, no one I've played against in this game is actually just a god at it or anything, PvP is underdeveloped because of all the bugs/desync/balancing issues.
Last edited by robbie5325 on Jul 13, 2014, 1:48:03 PM
"
robbie5325 wrote:
What you say makes no sense, if you're casting raging spirits they're trying to kill the enemy, if you're against a raging spirits the only reason you should kill spirits is if you're ranged and trying to hit the caster.

I was trying to be funny. I guess it didn't work.
IGN: _Firebitch
"
robbie5325 wrote:

please stop whining, theres not a single thing wrong with guadian in pvp. if anything it just hurts you against a good player because a single conversion trap sends him right back at you.

and lld in d2... first of all, you did not have the best gear, so how in the hell do you know what happens at the top level? second of all it was a lot more balanced and fun than high level pvp, just like it is in path of exile.

also, path of exile is pretty close to balanced in low level pvp. a relatively light nerf to melee, and a little tweak to traps (such as upping mana cost, or limiting # of traps per duel) would make it very close in my opinion.
Last edited by Pillowapnts on Jul 13, 2014, 4:23:23 PM
I agree with Greendude, AG can make a player think about strategy more in 1v1.

I'm newer to PVP but the way I think about things is in counters. AG and minion builds in general are counters to Multistrike. But conversion trap and Facebreaker i think is a counter to minions, so if the AG player is only relying on AG and isn't good they will not know how to react to conversion trap. But if they are good, they will have something prepared in case the other player brings conversion trap just like the person using multistrike should have something prepared for minions or builds that counter multistrike skills.

In general I think it is more effective searching for counters to builds and preparing your build to be prepared for lots of counter situations rather than just complaining that a mechanic is overpowered. The best pvp players imo are always the ones that are constantly searching for counters and creative ways to beat builds that naturally counter their build.
"Come along fool, a direct hit to the senses will leave you disconnected."
Last edited by KimchiGirlx3 on Jul 13, 2014, 7:14:38 PM
"
KimchiGirlx3 wrote:

In general I think it is more effective searching for counters to builds and preparing your build to be prepared for lots of counter situations rather than just complaining that a mechanic is overpowered. The best pvp players imo are always the ones that are constantly searching for counters and creative ways to beat builds that naturally counter their build.

:)+1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info