guardians

Can we please get them the hell out of pvp? They provide nothing excep a free body block they're like mercenaries in d2 and everyone abuses them in pvp, there is no argument that using them somehow proves you're a better player, all they do is provide an unfun mechanic, whoever has them gets a free body block damage and or buffs.
Last edited by robbie5325 on Jul 13, 2014, 2:21:12 AM
Or nerf it to the point it needs support gems. Because honestly they're free and a little too strong or their investment right now. I definitely don't like removing aspects of PvP though.
Last edited by AleronDescends on Jul 13, 2014, 10:24:48 AM
guardians provide support in pvp, I like them. They are useless at dealing dmg, but can give you various stuff depending on items u put in them. Also they prove that multistrike is not a gem for pvp. I would not like them removed.

Its like saying remove skelies or zombies or traps, traps are not fun either.
items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
Last edited by missuse on Jul 13, 2014, 10:48:12 AM
Saying they don't deal damage isn't quite right. Having The Blood Reaper on an animate guardian does quite a bit of damage, in fact. Sure, it takes a +1 all empowered animate guardian, but for a 2 link you get quite the return on the investment. Animate guardians can get quite strong for very little setup and investment during a match for quite a big outcome.
I'm for them too. They do provide some bonus but they are not game changing, I do not know anyone relying on their guardian to be effective. And if it's the bleed that annoys you, there are enough puncture/bleed users around the arena/pvp to justify a small bleed pot in your belt...
They aren't fun to play against, and there's no reason to have them in pvp, pvp is literally you and your opponent, not some shitty mercenary. I mean, I guess they've already fucked it up, they should have never been added to pvp.
Last edited by robbie5325 on Jul 13, 2014, 11:44:35 AM
Out of curiosity, what kind of build are you playing with?
I've played almost everything, as a hard core d2 pvper I can't fucking stand mercs, why the fuck should you have ai in pvp? We've already got builds that play for you lol, I guess this is okay for casual pvp though. And this isn't am aspect of typical pvp, this is just retarded, why should you have to snapshot a guardian to be top tier? It literally has nothing to do with how good you are.
Last edited by robbie5325 on Jul 13, 2014, 12:03:07 PM
They do add another layer of strategy. In some cases, you want to kill it but without giving the frenzy charges to a flicker char. But as long as it is alive, it gives them two damage auras. Those who use the blood reaper setup force you to kill it, which significantly helps casters who struggle with melee. Having the animate guardian puncture them while you run back or having them focus their attacks on the guardian while you get an additional spell or two in, also helps casters. I haven't yet seen any guardian be so strong that it completely changed who won the game.

I actually don't run an Animate guardian yet, but I know i've won some matches thanks to killing the enemy guardian to gain flasks. It definitely has a down side.

The comparision with d2 LLD is not fair. In d2 LLD, people used their mercinary because they could make them do insane damage. They did not have much use other than provide addtional damage. In poe, the animate guardian rarely does significant damage.
(except for summoners. Skull_Jobs animate guardian has to be killed but he's standing in the middle of his other minions so its insanely hard :P)
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on Jul 13, 2014, 12:04:25 PM
I was asking because most people i heard complaining about guardians were flickers. To be honest I don't see the guardian as a problem in standard and even if it was a problem, there is plenty other fish to fry...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info