[HC] Raiz's Vaal molten shell Build (100 % uptime on vaal molten shell)

This is my fourth topic like this. I'm making it because many people have been asking the same questions on my stream and hopefully it will help out some people :). I apologize in advance for my english/grammar/unproffesionalism (??) but I'll do my best and hopefully it won't be too terrible! Special thanks to Odir who came up with the initial idea for the build and allowed me put my touch on it !:)

www.twitch.tv/RaizQT << For gameplay and questions that i somehow didint cover in this topic :P Or you can just come to have some fun. I stream 12h + a day so its hard to miss when im online :)

Video explaining everything(hopefully) you need to know about the build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDzumqzGLSc&feature=youtu.be

BUILD
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_458nL-8OvJ-krPIvVEmoGGoe0iGezVcNpzCRztlhFHEUIHK7GS4OPAPGUEe5zSftn8v9CxiRoW2sqsT2Ja1Z82fiPC0J9sAapj7GrpBVXPS3PqeE_goaOPJFiPHsODrhNZIpTzrYple18v6P5CKCm3y7LdIxnk3jbqqpbhpsxYpKyCo4na4ZhfPd8B8_J6cIEmkkqgSzogBfmI9GFxw26RRNWW3Q0HF542qDOB2-z2XvfFXGPAUWb5_fi4zhc-0gRtfYJDbFNtjvhYgb7FUfAgQHl5VSUz1fnC2HZQ==

--------------
PROS
-Almost uncomperable clear speed. Like most prolif ignite builds its opop :)

-Great survivability. 20 + second immortal calls on CWDT + life leech with vaal pact makes you completely immune to physical damage and reflect.

-Super cheap. You can honestly do whatever with this build and its gonna work :) The only problem for some people might be getting a 6l but for me tabula rasa or just a 5l without iron will still works great. To get a 20 % Vaal molten shell you have to corrupt a 20 % molten shell which might be very random. I got 2 of them out of 4 tries.

- Maps. You love them. Bigger mob density/more mobs which you always want in a map results in faster clear speed.

- Easy lvling. I lvled with flameblast and from lvl 31 i switched to the main build and started using vaal molten shell with a tabula rasa.

--------------
CONS

- Getting the initial souls for vaal molten shell might be a bit annoying at times. Bosses can be random sometimes too depending on your gear.

------------

SKILLS

Helm 4l - Cast when damage taken / Enduring cry / Increased duration / Immortal call. The lvl of CWDT is completely personal taste. Some people might even not use this because if your enduring cry is on CD and IC gets triggered through CWDT you will get barely any duration on your IC. Your choice honestly :) Im just lazy so i use it.

Searing touch or doryanis catalyst(if you got the moneys) - Flameblast / Spell echo / Fire pen(if doryanis) or ele prolif / iron will (if 5l Searing). All of this depends on your budget/league :) Obviously doryani's is prefered if you have the money.

Gloves 4l Shackles of the wretched - Immortal call / Increased duration / Faster casting / Temporar chains. Most important slot for this build. Shackles with TC are completely necessary and the IC is for all you self-cast people who despise CWDT :)

Boots 4l - Enduring cry / Flammability / Reduced mana / Faster casting

Chest 6l - Vaal molten shell / Increased AOE / Iron will / Life leech / Ele prolif / Increased duration. Your main concern. I was using a tabula and i was fine. If for some reason you feel squishy and cant afford a 6l just use a 5l without iron will. YOUR VAAL MOLTEN SHELL HAS TO BE 20 % QUALITY!

-------------------
GEAR

gloves/quiver/helm : resists/life/armour

Jewelry : Life/ressists/fire dmg/ strength

Boots : life/armour/ressists/20% + MS.

belt : armor/life/ressists. You can also use a doryanis if you prefer :)

chest : Tabula rasa or if you have the currencyuse a regular chest with life/armour/ressist

weapon : Searing touch or Doryani's catalyst if you got them moneyz.

MY GEAR ATM (gear in the video)

----------------------

Q&A

(this will be updated everytime i get a good question)

Q : What bandits ?
A : norm - oak / cruel - skill point / merc - oak

Q : Do i need to get quality on my gems?
A : you HAVE to have a 20 % vaal molten shell. You can get one by vaal orbing a 20 % molten shell. As explained above i got 2 of them out of 4 tries so its kinda random. Quality on the remaining gems is optional.

Q : WTF ? Blood magic?
A : I couldnt use clarity + be able to cast molten shell because this was meant to be a budget build. But if you can get mana on your gear im sure you can run clarity and maybe even one additional aura :)

(this will be updated everytime i get a good question)
IGN - RaizQT
Last edited by RaizQT on Jul 11, 2014, 5:47:27 AM
hawt! maybe gonna try this while in snoozedefault

what do you think about stacking strength on gear (since requirements are non-existant as you say) and then go doon cubeyari mh, atziri sceptre oh?
Last edited by Inkompetentia on Jul 10, 2014, 10:30:52 PM
"
Inkompetentia wrote:
hawt! maybe gonna try this while in snoozedefault

what do you think about stacking strength on gear (since requirements are non-existant as you say) and then go doon cubeyari mh, atziri sceptre oh?

Youre using iron will so yeah strength helps :)
IGN - RaizQT
Odir here :D first of all thx for the credit ;D and i hope many people will like this build. You put a great touch on it and im thrilled that you thrived on this build.

People out there just have to love Raiz and his good work. Come check out his stream for more awesomeness!!
Great idea, now couple it with Righteous Fire for ultimate running while killing ;)
Last edited by Kussler88 on Jul 15, 2014, 9:24:05 AM
instead of a 20% quality vaal molten shell, could you use a 0% quality gem and change iron will to chance to ignite?
Very nice build!
Nice build. Do you have a Skilltree for the current version?
Raiz, update skill tree please! just got
and now we can use
which is also very nice
I would also like to see an updated skill tree.
IGN : MPLS

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info