[20K] Molten Pillar

Ran 75 maps while at level 70, very viable, even with vulnerability and -max res, just use your potions wisely (see above for my set up) and leap slam away if you need to

Update: Survived torture chamber (72) boss (phys spider) and maze (74) boss (vaal oversoul)

Update: Added aura nodes and running determination in addition to hatred, armor boosted to 9k

Update: Granite flasks cover most armor needs.... considering switching to haste

Update: Need to get fire pen in there somehow to greatly boost dps (not tooltip tho)

Current Skill tree (80)

Final Skill tree (90)

LVL65 DPS Screenshot
Spoiler

LVL80 DPS Screenshot
Spoiler

LVL80 Defense Screenshot
Spoiler

Bandits
Spoiler
Normal: Oak
Cruel: Kraityn or Skill
Merciless: Oak or Skill

Playstyle
Spoiler
Leap into mob with leap slam then start raining hell, curse or pop granite flasks as required

Leveling
Spoiler
Your DPS is so good you should rape everything, just keep stacking strength and get life and armor nodes as required

Defense
Spoiler
Ele reflect in a HUGE mob is dangerous, otherwise the regen and leech keeps you going perfectly, pop a flask if you need to. CWDT pretty much allows you to take all phys dmg as long as you dont get one shot, Immortal call kicks in and your regen and leech boost your health to full (again pop flasks if you need to). With the updated gear and tree I have yet to die from a straight up physical hit.

Sustaining (Leech, Regen, etc...)
Spoiler
I run the life leech gem and 3% phys mana leech from gear, more than enough, I also took many life regen nodes, instant heal potions are the best

Itemization
Spoiler
Besides the obvious life and resists...
Weapon: Obvious
Head: Abyssus
Belt: Meginord's Girdle
Rings, Amulet and Gloves: get top tier flat phys and attack speed along with some mana leech

WARNING! CORRUPTING BLOOD!
Spoiler
Have a stop bleeding flask in case of the nemesis blood corrupting blood, it will fuck you up when you wear abyssus

Reflect?
Spoiler
Double phys reflect doesn't hurt at all, ele reflect is only a problem when the mob is huge, as a rule of thumb, if you can count the number of monsters you'll be fine, otherwise pop those flasks and in -max res or ele weakness maps.... be careful, you won't get instantly killed but will still die if you hold down the button

AoF?
Spoiler
I was going to use it but then I would need to use mana leech and hatred would lose half its damage (was going to use the pyre ring to solve this, but flat phys from rings boost dps by a SHIT TON) So with all these downsides I decided against it

Point Blank?
Spoiler
It's awesome, if you don't believe me, check out the community guide which explains it

TLDR:
Spoiler
Pillar of the Caged God + Flat Phys from Gear + Tons of Strength + Elemental Scaling = PWNAGE
Last edited by AridZephyr on Jul 16, 2014, 1:01:11 PM
[RESERVED]
Been doing the same build a few weeks ago, it's REALLY good, your leveling experience will be awesome as well.

These are the boots i recommend:

60 Str is hard to beat :-)
Agreed! Leveling is a blast!
lvl65 update with screenshot!
Updated with guide
Updated! A lot more armor now with equipment upgrades and skilltree changes
Tested on 75 Maps
Shameless bump because it's so much fun
(hey it rhymes)
updated level 80 stats and info!

Report Forum Post

Report Account: