Witch tree needs dex

Hard to get enough dex as a witch.
IGN: Reoxy
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Another quality ZAP! post.
+1

A 20 dex hybrid notable would do it, on the left side of the witch start. Dex + cast speed? I think at the intersection of the tri-ele dmg circle would be perfect so templar too can benefit, and it would give incentive to path out of Witch through there.

Yeah it's 4 nodes away from the Agility notable, but there's not enough dex in this area anyways, and on the Witch/Shadow intersection they do give 50 strength with Physique and Written in Blood, so there's precedent...
Last edited by Thalandor on Jul 22, 2014, 9:58:46 AM
+1
generally the "highways" that people travel as witch are INT or STR, none are DEX (unless going for right aura reservation, which is somewhat costly)

personally i have both +30 DEX nodes and still having problems keeping DEX over 110, let alone 160
I think Dex should be less important for casters to deal damage, rather than making it easier to get dex as Witch.

Let's face it, if spells couldn't shotgun you wouldn't NEED LMP and you wouldn't need the dex.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
There's still Added Cold Damage and Arctic Armour that requires ~100 dex.

The Witch certainly has it easier than the Marauder does when it comes to base attributes. It's supposed to be a pain in the angus for the linear classes to get that stuff.

Aside from getting it on gear. Which then makes it trivial.

Still. It's really weird that the Shadow's Strength nodes (+50) are aligned with the witch side of the tree. That does not make sense. Holy Strength and Athleticism? Sure, you're walking toward the Str side of the wheel. Written in Blood? Wtf mate maybe that should be closer to the ranger area. She might have a small chance of being a melee guy.
My feeling on AA is that it shouldn't be mandatory, and shouldn't be a reason to have dex in the witch area.

Added cold is in a weird spot because it's basically a caster gem that happens to be green (to complete the pattern). I'd just change it to blue if I was the one in charge. It doesn't have a compelling reason to be green in the first place.
"
Autocthon wrote:
Added cold is in a weird spot because it's basically a caster gem that happens to be green (to complete the pattern). I'd just change it to blue if I was the one in charge. It doesn't have a compelling reason to be green in the first place.

Ever wondered why Temporal Chains is a Dex gem? Dex is about being faster than your opponent, which is a lot easier if they are slowed down or even frozen. Cold Damage is decidedly Dex-aligned, and Added Cold being a Dex Gem is not just to complete the pattern.
all split-stat gems (that have 2 stat requirements) need for lvl20 a bit under 110 attribute and str is easy to get, dex isn't
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Autocthon wrote:

Ever wondered why Temporal Chains is a Dex gem? Dex is about being faster than your opponent, which is a lot easier if they are slowed down or even frozen. Cold Damage is decidedly Dex-aligned, and Added Cold being a Dex Gem is not just to complete the pattern.
No I never wondered, but my point was more along the lines of "added cold should probably be a phys->cold conversion as a green gem"

Int is as much about any element as it is about whatever lightning damage represents. If the whole "cold is green" actually held true then Glacial Hammer and Freezing pulse (along with every other cold spell) would be green.

Increase base damage on cold spells, change added cold to added physical as cold. Shut down shotgunning. Witch tree now behaves appropriately in terms of stats available. Additionally spells can be balanced as they are instead of being balanced around whether they shotgun.

The alternative is add hybrid str/dex nodes like the marauder gets of course. Or whatever.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info