[1.2.0] Updated - [HC Friendly] Cheap and Easy Searing Bond & Fire Trap/Flame Surge Tanky DPS.

"
Jaigoda wrote:
Actually, looking at the build again, I noticed that you went for a huge amount of life nodes in the build for a total of 212% max life. Thing is, since base life was increased, 212% life would be fairly close to 300% life in 1.1.5. Honestly, with all the other defenses this has I'd say that's a little overkill. In fact, I'd suggest just dropping the whole Scion life wheel, freeing up a total of 10 points to be spent elsewhere. You'll still be left with 163% life (if you take the third life node in the Cruel Preparation cluster), which I think should be quite acceptable in the new patch, and definitely a buff over the previous.

This would free up points to invest in things like the Ash, Frost and Storm cluster (to compensate at least somewhat for the Searing Bond nerf), the Shadow's Soul Siphon cluster, and the Deep Wisdom notable (about a 150 mana increase from one node). All in all you'd get much more mana and a little more damage. Thoughts?

Here's the tree I'm thinking of.

Thanks for pointing out the deep wisdom node I forgot about it.

I meant this build to be for a hardcore build so the Hp going up made me happy but as a friend pointed out I did lose a little damage because of the searing bond.

And as for buffing up the damage and lowering your life I would say do this for a standard league.

Standard League Build
What about getting the Entropy passive in the Shadow tree
"
LightsEdge wrote:

I feel for the build it's a little usless. I would need to use up 5 points just to get the 45% dot damage and the only thing it would help is fire trap.
Why do I get redirected to a Shadow build on PoE Builder when I click on the 1.2.0 skill tree link?
"
bida2 wrote:
Why do I get redirected to a Shadow build on PoE Builder when I click on the 1.2.0 skill tree link?

It can start from Templar or Shadow now. Shadow if you wanna get that little extra dexterity for AA and fire trap more or less.
"
rentacop87 wrote:
"
LightsEdge wrote:

I feel for the build it's a little usless. I would need to use up 5 points just to get the 45% dot damage and the only thing it would help is fire trap.

Doesn't the wiki seem to indicate it would apply to searing bond? http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Damage_over_time
"
LightsEdge wrote:
"
rentacop87 wrote:
"
LightsEdge wrote:

Doesn't the wiki seem to indicate it would apply to searing bond? http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Damage_over_time

As it stands it does not help searing bond unless they changed it in the patch with out telling us. Also if it did work I would have no place to get the 5 points from other then getting to Level 95 and even then I don't find it worth the 5 points.
Last edited by rentacop87 on Aug 26, 2014, 6:43:44 AM
I really have enjoyed this build so far I am playing it with templar in Ramage league, and I feel like it brings what i've wanted which is a build that can tank really well but also put out good damage. I had a few questions for you though if you don't mind helping a noob.

My biggest issue and, maybe you make up for this 100% on gear, is life regen. I havent attached life leach to flame surge yet just due to the lack of the gem and not having the currency to build a good chest piece. Will attaching that gem be enough to really maintain the life regen required to tank bosses and packs of mobs in maps and such?

Also do you think it would be worth it to build into shamansitic fury above the templar starting area? 3 points would net 24% increased damage on searing bond or does it end up just not adding enough overall value for where else those points could be spent?

Last thing I curious about is looking at the skill trees you posted (Btw youre awesome for updating them to the revamped tree, thank you!) for 81 point spent on templar, it shows you picking up all the life nodes and constitution by the scion starting area. However, when I looked at the full 108 point spent you have nothing in those nodes. Do you end up just picking them up and then eventually respec out of them? If so when do you decide you dont need them anymore?

Sorry for all the questions, I appreciate any feedback you have time to give. Thanks for the guide its helped a lot.
Last edited by Duallight on Aug 27, 2014, 10:28:27 PM
"
Duallight wrote:
I really have enjoyed this build so far I am playing it with templar in Ramage league, and I feel like it brings what i've wanted which is a build that can tank really well but also put out good damage. I had a few questions for you though if you don't mind helping a noob.

My biggest issue and, maybe you make up for this 100% on gear, is life regen. I havent attached life leach to flame surge yet just due to the lack of the gem and not having the currency to build a good chest piece. Will attaching that gem be enough to really maintain the life regen required to tank bosses and packs of mobs in maps and such?

Also do you think it would be worth it to build into shamansitic fury above the templar starting area? 3 points would net 24% increased damage on searing bond or does it end up just not adding enough overall value for where else those points could be spent?

Last thing I curious about is looking at the skill trees you posted (Btw youre awesome for updating them to the revamped tree, thank you!) for 81 point spent on templar, it shows you picking up all the life nodes and constitution by the scion starting area. However, when I looked at the full 108 point spent you have nothing in those nodes. Do you end up just picking them up and then eventually respec out of them? If so when do you decide you dont need them anymore?

Sorry for all the questions, I appreciate any feedback you have time to give. Thanks for the guide its helped a lot.

I'm glad you like the build! :)

As for the life regen, Flame surge, and the new potions, are now a big chunk of it because I no longer have the 6% of life regen that I used to have. When I do maps, or I'm killing bosses, it helps tremendously to have life leech being linked to it.

Another thing you will notice is when you start to gear out more, you will need the regen less and less because of all the damage mitigation from Arctic Armor. It takes time to see the full potential of the build, but it still gives you the ability to advance without much gear.
You should use this trick I use to kill things that I can't tank yet: Use the totem (and now fire trap) to burn monsters down from a distance; as they focus the totem. I used this until I was able to gear out more and be able to tank the monsters.

Shamanistic fury I don't find good at all now because of how low the damage is compared to just getting normal fire or elemental nodes. On top of that, it only helps Searing Bond, not your other 2 ability's (Flame Surge/Fire Trap).

Also a big THANKS for pointing out the 81 points thing in the Templar tree that was meant for the Hardcore and Beyond leagues XD. I changed it up so it is more focused on the standard and rampage now.

Don't be sorry for asking questions! It's a good thing to do, and sometimes it helps me in the process. And again, glad you like the guide. I will be updating it more as I progress. But at the moment, I'm playing casually because of life things (work, girlfriend, going out, and stuff like that), so would not be surprised if other people take this build to the new limits before me. hehe
What is your regular skill for just killing pacts of mobs and one single boss? Can you describe how you generally kill any mobs like skill used and order? Interested in this build and would like to try but have no idea how to level one and what skills I should use even after reading the posts, thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info