[1.2.0] Updated - [HC Friendly] Cheap and Easy Searing Bond & Fire Trap/Flame Surge Tanky DPS.

Searing Bond & Fire Trap/Flame Surge Build

NEW VIDEOS COMING SOON.

Old Videos
Spoiler

Boss fight's
Spoiler

Here is a link to a video showing off Merciless Piety

Updated Merciless Piety 08-05-2014

Video Showing Merciless Dominus Fight 08-06-2014

Stats and Gear info
Spoiler
http://tinyurl.com/pqdrpe8

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Progression

Spoiler

Now at level 63 on Rampage taking my time leveling started level 66 maps already I'm happy about starting that so soon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About The Build

Spoiler

This build can be used in hardcore easy you just need to focus on the Hp nodes a bit more early and grab the damage as needed.

Early game is easy and will fly by won't feel like a grind. you don't need to be worried about much because this build is about being tanky on top of having high damage. capable of high Item find and Item quality if you have a 5 link Searing touch staff to use. End game capable and low on the desync problems.

Pros

1. Low to no currency cost
2. Tanky
3. High damage all game
4. Great Item farmer
5. fast Map clear speed

Cons

1. Replacing Searing touch Staff can be really expensive
2. Finding good Armour gear gets annoying
3. Getting empower leveled takes time

[Skill Tree for Standard or Rampage Shadow & Templar]

Spoiler

Level progression of Standard or Rampage skill tree for Templar

Level progression of Standard or Rampage skill tree for Shadow

[Skill Tree for Hardcore or Beyond Shadow & Templar]

Spoiler

Level progression of Hardcore or Beyond skill tree for Templar

Level progression of Hardcore or Beyond skill tree for Shadow

Bandits

Spoiler

Normal - Help Oak

Cruel - Kill all

Merciless - Help Oak

[Items]

Spoiler

Suggested but not needed but it helps when leveling up A Lot!!!

Spoiler

Flasks

Spoiler

The first - I Recommend is health with more regen and slow regen and despell freeze.

The second - I use is instant health for them oh s%i7 moments despell is a bonus.

Third, Fourth and Fifth - 100% up to you I use 3 quicksilver flasks XD.

[Gems]

Spoiler

Staff = Searing Bond + Burning + Increased rarity + Increased Quantity + Empower + if you have the sixth link you can always use reduced mana or something up to you for the most part

Or

+1+2 fire stick = Searing Bond + Burning + Empower

Shield = Fire Trap + concentrated Effect + Empower

Chest = Flame Surge + Spell Echo + faster casting + Life Leech + concentrated Effect + Fire Penetration

Helm = [Cast When Damage Taken + Enduring Cry] and portal + Vulnerability]
- 2 link and 2 link

Boots = Clarity + Reduced mana + Immortal Call + Arctic Armour

Gloves = Vaal Molten Shell + concentrated Effect + Life Leech + Increased Duration

Last edited by rentacop87 on Aug 28, 2014, 2:54:14 PM
I will Post some game-play at some point.
If the video sites not give you the info you want just ask and I will make another.
Keep us posted on how your doing man. I have been playing a Flame Surge/Searing Bond in the 1month HC race. Currently 60 in merciless act 1. Mine is a little different then what you seem to have going on, plan on going EB AA MoM myself. Also plan on picking up a lot of the good spell crit nodes around top of shadow area and the increased area of effect in Templar and witch areas as surge is small as hell without them. I didn't have a touch so just been using a +1 fire gem scepter for now. Been a breeze leveling with, but then, all searing bonds are till end game. Will post an update when i start farming ol' Piety. Good stuff tho, like seeing other folks ideas on something i am working on as well. Best of luck!
Yeah I been busy with work this week sorry about that I'm gonna have time this week though. Also as for the flame surge I try to use it mostly for single target because of how high you can pump the damage for single opposed to Multiple target damage. Also if you plan to grab crit I recommend The Three dragons because flame surge can't ignite but this way you can shock so you get more damage out of it.
I will be doing a major update on the guide today at some point with a video on some mapping.
Do you think Doryani's Invitation Heavy Belt (Fire Variant) Would work well with this build?

Fire variant
(20 to 30)% increased Fire Damage
1% of Fire Damage Leeched as Life
Your Flasks grant 10% chance to Ignite during flask effect
+(300 to 350) to Armour
+(30 to 35)% increased Cold Resistance
+(30 to 35)% increased Lightning Resistance
Yeah it works great I tested it out my self I think it's fantastic. I'm not using it at the moment though because I wanna see how high I can stack my hp XD.
Alright cool, another question, I watched your piety video and you are using vulnerability instead of flammability, is vulnerability better than flammability with searing bond?

EDIT - Also, Would elemental equilibrium be worth taking since it doesn't add fire resist to mobs when using searing bond so you could use a cold/lightning spell to make enemies -50% resistant to fire to increase damage output by 50%?
Last edited by Zavven on Aug 1, 2014, 4:52:55 PM
Vulnerability always buffs the DOT effect (in this case burn) while flamability on a overcapped enemy has little effect.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info