Puncture Traps always miss when thrown on someone directly on top of you

The title. I feel like this is still pretty relevant in puncture vs melee.

The person must be standing on top of you when you throw it for it get the guaranteed miss. I have not tested the melee walking into a midair trap. I assume that might still hit if you move a bit off to the side.
Ya. If you throw it directly on top of someone it generally misses. Makes sense, since puncture arrows go sideways rather than up.
IGN: _Firebitch
I think this sort of makes sense as well. Also it's very rare to place the trap so perfectly that it missed.
IGN: @GreenDude
Im pretty fine with this. Puncture traps are pretty OP. At least in LLD
IGN: Beardedwizzard
I actually don't understand how you're trying to use logic in this situation when the trap could hit their feet. At least that's what I assume when traps shoot at someone, miss that person and hits the person behind him. I don't think it has to shoot up.

Angles, anyone?

Besides, puncture being OP has nothing to do with a bug. This is a bug. It needs to be fixed. Puncture needs to be nerfed.
I'm not sure you can do that argument. If your going to compare how a puncture trap works in real life, for a video game... Something is wrong. Saying the foot is in the middle so the arrow should hit because logic; makes me wonder where the logic is that an arrow comes out of a trap. Or why a character can cast a fireball out of his own hands without burning them.

Bringing logic in a fantasy rpg with magic and monsters... Not an arguement.
Either way, if you think about it, a 50% multiplier for a trap for puncture is pretty OP. It's free too. I would go as far as to argue puncture traps themselves are not OP, but rather the point blank support itself.

Plus.
"Ya. If you throw it directly on top of someone it generally misses. Makes sense, since puncture arrows go sideways rather than up."

Who's arguing using real world logic?
you guys should really stop arguing about if puncture is op in lld and worry about fixing the bug. fuck lol.
Maybe this should be submitted to the bug reports section instead. I have no idea why you guys are arguing about this, but to be clear about this, this isn't a balance complaint. This is a PvP related BUG.

Generally people fix bugs first, and then balance. What serious game balances around bugs?
Last edited by AleronDescends on Jul 9, 2014, 10:46:56 AM
Is this really a bug though. Thats a real debate here. Some say no. I say no too. The player is standing at the end of the arrow. For the trap tk work the arrow woukd need to spawn offset to the trap and have the head hit the player. That would be silly. Its fine like this imo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info