the economy challenge

trading isn't really my cup of tea, but a thought crossed my mind:

I have a level 30 Scion in Invasion League. Molten Strike. Spectral Throw (no LMP/GMP).

and I have a budget of about 2 chaos. maybe a spare GCP as well.

is it possible to path-of-trade my way to dominate Normal and early Cruel until the league ends, face-rolling all invaders along the way?

the "challenge" is I don't think it's possible, given this budget.
you are welcome to prove me wrong.

call this "economic theory-craft".
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Jul 4, 2014, 10:10:21 AM
You can face roll invaders on normal and early cruel until the league ends with no currency at all. You can get some cheap uniques that will make your life easier if you really wanted to, 1 chaos each probably.

Last edited by Septile on Jul 4, 2014, 10:12:29 AM
"
johnKeys wrote:
trading isn't really my cup of tea, but a thought crossed my mind:

I have a level 30 Scion in Invasion League. Molten Strike. Spectral Throw (no LMP/GMP).

and I have a budget of about 2 chaos. maybe a spare GCP as well.

is it possible to path-of-trade my way to dominate Normal and early Cruel until the league ends, face-rolling all invaders along the way?

the "challenge" is I don't think it's possible, given this budget.
you are welcome to prove me wrong.

call this "economic theory-craft".

You don't need to trade to dominate Normal and Act I Cruel. You just need patience. You can easily overlevel the content if you just grind a bit.

You really don't ever need to trade. You can play all the way through the game. You'll stop "dominating" at some point, but you'll still make it. If you're any good that is.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

You don't need to trade to dominate Normal and Act I Cruel. You just need patience. You can easily overlevel the content if you just grind a bit.

You really don't ever need to trade. You can play all the way through the game. You'll stop "dominating" at some point, but you'll still make it. If you're any good that is.

I'm as much a solo self-found enthusiast as you are Shags, but you know - sometimes one just wants that face-rolling feeling. that smooth brainless play, with gear independent of RNG.
is it possible, self-found? I haven't yet attained it on any of my chars - not at low levels, and especially not towards end-game - and you know my total hours and content played.

3 days left. willing to trade in Invasion. want to dominate Invaders and Dominus, instead of fearing every mildly-crazy rare or boss, in Normal.
limited budget for "path of economy".
appreciate your help.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Jul 4, 2014, 10:26:01 AM
Theorically yes, it's always possible to buy an item 1c and sell it for 2. etc...

But haven't you better things to do? T2W is ok but not starting that low you need to be able to make several deals at once and it's a very degrading process hence you are buying things at lower price than these should and selling those higher or at normal price. Sometimes you just have too, or it's just better overall to trade actively depending your needs but not while leveling through difficulties(issue arises far latter)

In an hardcore league, open trade chats buy items that you feel better than their costs for 1 alch and try selling those 1c or more.
Last edited by galuf on Jul 4, 2014, 10:44:59 AM
Buy flameblast + decoy totem.

Profit

--> faceroll everything.

peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Jul 4, 2014, 11:15:35 AM
No prob. All you need is:

..to get to Cruel Act3 & even Merc. You could get all of them for 2c + GCP I suppose.

I can lend this gear if you want and "sell" any gem you need.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jul 4, 2014, 11:46:56 AM
"
morbo wrote:
No prob. All you need is:

..to get to Cruel Act3 & even Merc. You could get all of them for 2c + GCP I suppose.

I can lend this gear if you want and "sell" any gem you need.

^

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Im the exact same build as you, except i went with LMP and faster projectiles I found.

I'm 100 percent self found and I definitely dominated normal and got to vaal oversoul cruel before desyncing to a smash.
Geofri's will be enough. For rest you can purchase decent rolled Goldrim. Normal/Cruel is very easy with Scion due to +28% all resists, access to plenty of HP/damage nodes and IR, also with build like ST you're not required to have as good defenses as melee characters.

40s~ have pretty good weapons, but till then you're much stuck with Geofri's or a decent rare;
"I accept Nujabes as my Savior."
Last edited by 1988288 on Jul 4, 2014, 12:10:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info