The Headbang Gang 2.0 - Raging Spirits madness - now with cheap version + leveling guide

"
The reason behind me putting a high priority to Lightning Pen is that you will be activating EE for lightning on the first cast, putting most mob's light res to the 75% cap. In that situation and without penetration, the totem has almost no chance to shock anything (so ofc no proliferation either). Shocking is a very important part of the totem's job, and it gets 140% better at it with penetration rather than without.

Fair point. I hadn't considered shock duration.

"
For leveling, that's pretty much what I would do - trying to keep the respec reasonable at a dozen or so points maximum. Although in a SC setting with twink gear, you could just go for the final passives directly while doing buzzsaw or flameblast and carve your way to merciless very fast. I honestly can't tell at what point SRS becomes good enough to be used as a main skill, but I suspect it can be quite early. It kinda sucks at boss killing at that point but Vaal Skeletons fits that role perfectly. I'm still trying to think of a more robust approach in the case of a HC setting for if the one-month ends up being HC only.

I'm trying the build out now for this exact reason. I made the switch at level 59 with a 2+ minion helmet (keep in mind this needs ilvl 65)and a level 15 SRS supported with Echo, Multistrike and MPD. I've picked up all the aura nodes, but still have to get the duration passives and the life cluster nearby. I'm running Haste/Hatred/Clarity and having no trouble progressing through Act 3 Merc. When I activate Flesh Offering the clear time is probably on par with flameblast, maybe quicker. Gearing is also a lot easier because I can just use an Auromvorax to make up for discrepancies with resistances.

This is my projected level 70 tree, which is essentially all the life and aura nodes.

Level 70-80 would be picking up the Gravepact and Grave Expectations nodes.

Last edited by Hojirozame on Jul 8, 2014, 9:23:54 AM
I dont know how much use your specters are, but with the inc. duration nodes you should consider using Animate Weapon instead. They do redonculous dmg, with min.life nodes are more dureble then zombies bc. they leech more and faster and if you are lucky with your drops you dont even need that many SRS casts anymore.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
very nice music

this has to be one of the most efficient builds in the game, you don't really need anything in particular to get that DPS do you? i think you need an 80+ exalt weapon (a lot more maybe) to get similar damage with weapons right?
"
Vincendra wrote:
I dont know how much use your specters are, but with the inc. duration nodes you should consider using Animate Weapon instead. They do redonculous dmg, with min.life nodes are more dureble then zombies bc. they leech more and faster and if you are lucky with your drops you dont even need that many SRS casts anymore.

You'd have to run Anger and Wrath instead for Animate Weapon. I can't imagine Hatred providing a substantial benefit to white weapons.
"
Hojirozame wrote:
"
Vincendra wrote:

You'd have to run Anger and Wrath instead for Animate Weapon. I can't imagine Hatred providing a substantial benefit to white weapons.

Look at the Gem (its "only" lvl 17).

With lvl 24 (Unc. Empower, minion Helmet) you get:

46% Attspd. added 42-63 phys dmg (thats an abyssus for every white weapon), 284% of base dmg.

Lets take this white weapon: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Despot_Axe

Base 83 - 112 --> 125 - 175 *2,84 --> 236 - 497; BASEDPS : 460 pDPS

Attspd: 1.25 *1.46 --> 1.825 att/sec

That is without minion nodes, Auras or Support Gems.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
This build looks very interesting!

Just wondering about which of the following would do more damage:

Raging spirit-Multistrike-Spell echo in a +3 one hander
or
Raging spirit-Multistrike-Spell echo-Melee physical on a 4L item?
"
hnkka wrote:

or

erm, you're adding a damage gem, so the 4L would naturally do more damage.
so, I didn't know you started a new thread. That's why I pm'd you my progress earlier.

Funny thing. We have nearly identical trees. I guess it just makes sense, the pathing. I played as a elemental buzzsaw for end of dom and beginning ambush so the pathing is similar and familiar.

Here's what I use. I may swap the cast speed node in which for EE. had been thinking about it. Had to double check the minion not counting as a hit. Which is awesome. I had initially had a tree that went through the top and tried hexmaster and minion instability. Didn't like either figured points were wasted. Now this is the tree I use. great minds think alike

I am currently 1H and shield. Part of reason is resists other part is I have no 5 or 6L staff with +levels. :)
You will see my gems are half low level. Standard stash had some goodies :)
My gearing is good but could be optimized in places (rings with life).

My auras are hatred - haste - discipline. With EB and aura buffs discipline is practically free. 49% reduced reservation (41 from tree + 8 from alpha's) means 60% aura takes 22%. Say 2000 mana that's 440 with 1650 left. Discipline gives 314 at lvl 20 (not even considering +2 from alpha's) 314 * aura buffs 73% = 543 more mana. More than reserved with 2000 mana. That's NOT even factoring any +ES% mods.

This works up until about 2500 mana (without factoring ES% mods). Which gives a lot more regen. Likely, no need for clarity.

I may add Grace to my setup as well. Now comes the time of Grace for defense or Wrath for offense or Purity auras. Not sure yet.

My gear (the gems are not all setup right. I was toying around) **reposted newer setup
Spoiler

You have arc totem. I may use Ball Lightning - Blind - Echo - GMP. Although I had about 5 other ideas there. for instance: cwdt - Ball lightning - knockback - blind.

Likely to add zombies or spectres since you don't have to recast them until they die. Replace the skeleton gem I have there which was just the first I clicked on when trying this out. Animate Guardian also I would like to add.

Only had time to run normal piety. Low level arctic armor makes them titty shooters a little scary but not that bad. Things die pretty fast and piety went down easily enough.

----------------
ball lightning gmp blind totem is pretty awesome.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Last edited by Madcow1120 on Jul 8, 2014, 9:02:09 PM
"
"

or

It's not as clear cut as that, the +3 from a weapon would also add significant damage.
Assuming lvl 20 gems (which may not be what you are looking at, but you get the idea), +3 levels would give you roughly 33% more DPS (600 base -> 800). That's only equivalent to a lvl5 or so melee phys gem, so the 4L is superior for damage. OTOH, the +3 levels also gives spirits 30% or so more base life, so there's that too.

"
"

I absolutely agree with this. I love Animate Weapon and their preposterous damage effectiveness, but they're pretty useless without flat damage auras. Them doing like 1-2k base DPS is irrelevant ; you might be able to get that to 5-6k with Haste/Hatred, passives and 2-3 supports factored it, but that's a drop in the bucket versus the spirits' 25k per. Besides, Spirits do enough damage that my other minions are there purely to tank, and AW is not very good at that compared to zombies or spectres (golem or giant statue spectres are nigh unkillable, evangelists are pretty tanky too ofc).
The other thing is that I grew incredibly tired of reading all the white trash that drops in search of melee weapons from my extensive time with AW. No more !

I'm proud I made the build that got hotfix nerfed by 80% in under a week :
Kamikaze Clones /1204796 (LL Mirror Arrow Instability Prolif)
"
"
"

or

It's not as clear cut as that, the +3 from a weapon would also add significant damage.
Assuming lvl 20 gems (which may not be what you are looking at, but you get the idea), +3 levels would give you roughly 33% more DPS (600 base -> 800). That's only equivalent to a lvl5 or so melee phys gem, so the 4L is superior for damage. OTOH, the +3 levels also gives spirits 30% or so more base life, so there's that too.

yeah but I don't have a 5 or 6link staff with + to any levels let alone 3. Too expensive on xyz to buy.

Discipline for me adds enough mana (almost 5K total) I get 300 mana regen without clarity.

If I ever get one or currency to get one i'll give it a try. So, working with what I got right now. figured I'd mention it. Overall, it's different to play which makes it fun.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info