The Headbang Gang 2.0 - Raging Spirits madness - now with cheap version + leveling guide

About Dom Blow : culling strike would help, but not that much. You don't need to be dealing the killing blow, and you probably won't anyway. 70% chance to hit is definitely the reason this is unreliable. If you have the sockets, I would use DB - FA - Additional Accuracy, that should help tremendously.
I'm proud I made the build that got hotfix nerfed by 80% in under a week :
Kamikaze Clones /1204796 (LL Mirror Arrow Instability Prolif)
Hey PeppermintButtler Great Guide. I've been following it for awhile now. Keep up the good work, looking forward to your updates.

If you get a few spare moments and don't mind checking out my build, I'd welcome your Critique and expertise. It is not a SRS focused build, but is a Summoning build. At the moment I don't have any numbers, WIP. Comments/Critique good/bad are welcome from everyone of course!

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/989189
Things are getting calm around here (I guess lack of updates from me and a lot of people just eagerly waiting for 1.2 - that includes yours truly).

Most of the SRS rage is now over at MatrixFactor's thread, and rightfully so. He is taking the builds to heights well beyond what this one achieved. Make sure to check it out for the latest and greatest.

If anyone cares, I'm currently testing builds for 1.2, most notably a Cold Trapper which does show some promise for a league start. And I like the idea of going completely against the meta of Rampage.
I'm edgy like that.
I was thinking of something like this for a preliminary build, surely we don't know how impactful life will be, but I think this is a decent starting point.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA-ejYvf4Ktz5Bh0rIbqq18jWSrEd9WypNPycaj_ba-wkZipu1wzrKSlFMgwlvntsLgh6IQsHFf8Yc3JMntAxGcUlR8NWP-uwYBx6VLi9v2RNwu2qsWpGofdP7gscGSVOlDF8cp8auGNdTUkWdmuDr7ij6pwi4k-NqNun60h0Uj0YWbySqVdZk5xcvgKSFYKrEzLz315uhTblJsdfP-TfviCmlTipbr90NLOkVIEp9h3ZnoPzFpDnQgUfiIuLA40tX8bMk2IVt1YGD21XGOlismCY8FvMvnR2q4YhfKnRVCGeTOhg8vSc=

There's a really great set of nodes that would help MOM builds just south of the scion wheel of life, and some other ones on the right "highway" headed up to EB if necessary.
Last edited by FullBeans on Aug 14, 2014, 8:39:06 AM
I have leveled as this build, level 61 currently. Hasn't been that rough thus far. For the hard bits I will group up. Have only had at best a 4 link and the dps is crazy running Wrath and a Purity. Only missing a Spell Echo to really launch the dps.

Just saw an early 1.2 tree and I see a lot of our nodes missing and/or relocated. Hoping the adjustments aren't too crazy.

Current Gear
Spoiler

The Multistrike is there to level up until I get Spell Echo and a better chest piece.
The tree has moved a lot with 1.2
Help me complete my unique collection: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/335591

IGN: CGT_FR
"
Kazyn wrote:
I was thinking of something like this for a preliminary build, surely we don't know how impactful life will be, but I think this is a decent starting point.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA-ejYvf4Ktz5Bh0rIbqq18jWSrEd9WypNPycaj_ba-wkZipu1wzrKSlFMgwlvntsLgh6IQsHFf8Yc3JMntAxGcUlR8NWP-uwYBx6VLi9v2RNwu2qsWpGofdP7gscGSVOlDF8cp8auGNdTUkWdmuDr7ij6pwi4k-NqNun60h0Uj0YWbySqVdZk5xcvgKSFYKrEzLz315uhTblJsdfP-TfviCmlTipbr90NLOkVIEp9h3ZnoPzFpDnQgUfiIuLA40tX8bMk2IVt1YGD21XGOlismCY8FvMvnR2q4YhfKnRVCGeTOhg8vSc=

That's pretty much what I had in mind.
Here is mine (106 points, some life nodes left to fill out)
Note that the buff duration nodes near RT have been changed to skill duration nodes, making them very attractive for SRS. I might even take RT for Dom Blow if I go that far.

On the whole, the build should not be affected too heavily by the passives changes. Mana reservation nerf + clarity mana reservation gone up might force us to lose an aura, I haven't dont the math yet. The mana regen on the tree gets a bit butchered, but gear should be enough to cover our needs (MoM is a bit less attractive though).
remains to be seem what skill changes will be in the 1.2 patch notes.
Hi. This incrase duration nodes are realy so important? i play without them in last hc league and was very good i dont fell weak...
this is what I had posted the other day in another thread (there's 3 for SRS with this being the first after buff and 1.0 being before buff)

117pt

and 107 (lvl 88) probably this. inner force, some life wheel and battle rouse removed from above tree.

**mental fortitude looks interesting too if aura reservation isn't needed as much. 3pts for 20% less skill cost.

-I skipped the interruption while casting because it's a 3pt investment I don't think it necessary.

-I would plan on Cloak of Defiance, Hatred, Haste and Clarity. No discipline.

-The cloak removes life from an evasion/es chest but adds needed mana and mana regen.

-Subbing cloak and using the numbers from the tree above (107 variant) vs my current tree/gear (also 107pt) I end up with more life, 1200 mana still unreserved and ~250 mana regen.

-There is slightly less minion damage on this tree but 45% increased skill duration (for total of 90%) which I believe makes up for it. Also, this tree has more cast speed for me than current.

-I currently run MoM using passive and do Not use IR. I don't think it's needed especially with this new tree. Too far a reach for little benefit since we are going through scion life (not evasion) and have mostly es gear.

-The staff and other setups would remain. I only have a 5link, CWDT-Enduring cry, I use immortal call self cast attached to increased duration (along with flesh offering and vaal haste).

-I didn't take the life/es cluster I've seen some take (melding) but really that's more of an afterthought for me. It's either that or the scion life wheel. That will be more endgame and up to the user which they need more. 20%life or 15%life/25%ES.

-Gave thought to using Alpha's Howl but without IR it isn't enough. It doesn't have life and the ES from a helm with resists and life more than makes up for the reservation. As I mentioned 34% from tree dropping discipline still works. If you need more mana/regen then get it on rings/ammy or use an atziri foible for a while.

-Inner Force is again a late late game addition. It would help with Arctic armour and give some cast/move speed from haste.

-1 major question on my tree (and I see this one a number of them) is having enough dex. May need to spend 1 pt on Alacrity for +30. Using the cast interruption (3pts) does give +20dex which is nice. I'd rather spend 1pt for now.

my current gear. I'd sub out the chest for cloak of defiance.
Spoiler
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
nvm
Last edited by Jarovb on Aug 15, 2014, 2:43:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info