What Happens when the Ambush and Invasion Leagues end this Weekend?

"
t_golgari wrote:
"
DJ_Anubis wrote:
If a veggieburger suddenly has meat in it, BELIEVE me they would advertise it, even if it would cost them half their costumers.

You really thnk there is no meat in a veggieburger? Lol!

Now you are just being silly.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Loved this expansion, has been ace. Didn't get as much time to play as I did the last leagues tho so didn't get chance to finish my char. Longer leagues would be nice!

Top work guys - have actually stopped playing my other games now just so I can hammer POE lol.

GGG FTW!
--------------------------------------------------------------
Intel i7-8600k // 16GB DDR4-3000 // Geforce RTX2070 8GB // Samsung 970 EVO

Whay too many Are-Gee-Bees (:
"
BananaJams wrote:
"
S_Guy wrote:
After reading this thread:
Hey. Hey guys. I have the craziest of all ideas regarding those Remove Only tabs.
Okay now ... this is a really twisted theory, but stay with me on this one.
Maybe ... just maybe ... you could REMOVE those items out of their Remove Only tabs and stop hording those tabs Ö_Ö

+1 quit abusing an unintended mechanic. I hope they don't allow linking from R/O tabs as well.

This so much. Theyre being used for free storage and even free trading space. The items in the should not be able to be linked at all ever. More incentive to actually clear them out.
"
"
BananaJams wrote:
"
S_Guy wrote:
Hey. Hey guys. I have the craziest of all ideas regarding those Remove Only tabs.
Maybe ... just maybe ... you could REMOVE those items out of their Remove Only tabs and stop hording those tabs Ö_Ö

+1 quit abusing an unintended mechanic. I hope they don't allow linking from R/O tabs as well.
I was a little surprised to hear that "remove only" tabs are available in new 4 month leagues. Doesn't that basically invalidate a "clean start" premise for new leagues? On account of those leagues being new, and all that.

I'd settle for GGG making it easier to organize our virtual junk (searching, sorting, mass disposal of stssh items, that kind of thing). I see no reason why remove only tabs should be usable in new leagues, if that's what is happening.

You misunderstood this.

Its only race reward remove only tabs and donly after 1 month of new leagues being in existence can you take out items there from the race remove only tabs. It doesnt work with tabs from other 4 month leagues that have ended nor can you get race rewards right away on league start.
"
"
BananaJams wrote:
"
S_Guy wrote:

This so much. Theyre being used for free storage and even free trading space. The items in the should not be able to be linked at all ever. More incentive to actually clear them out.

That's fair enough if stated that way, HOWEVER, this was not the reason provided for GGG, they claimed that this change of RO tabs being merged with new tabs was to make it 'easier' for players so they don't have to manually move everything out of their RO tabs.

The problem with this is the fact that it ONLY makes it easier if it decides to merge one of the few tabs I want to keep - If it merges one of my 'levelling' tabs or generic no quality gem tabs with an empty tab that hasn't helped me one bit, it's make things MORE tedious because I now I have to actually go about clearing the tabs 1 item at a time where as previously I could just ignore it - Out of the 20 tabs I have that will now end up in the perma leagues the only ones I would want to keep are my crafting/currency/unique/maps/quality gem/quality flask tabs, which account for less than half of my tabs from invasion.

If they really wanted to make it 'easier' they would let me right click on a RO tab and choose to merge it with a new tab or let me 'upgrade' my RO tab to a standard or premium tab directly from the stash UI.

I wouldn't even mind if RO tabs had a fixed ttl before they expire, so that we have to do something with the items in some period of time or loose them, but the idea of purchasing a new tab only to have it populated with junk that I now have to manually clear with no easy mechanism to do so (ctrl+click highlight and delete would be MORE than sufficient) which totally undermines the reason for the change as given by GGG.
"
bitV wrote:
"
"
BananaJams wrote:

That's fair enough if stated that way, HOWEVER, this was not the reason provided for GGG, they claimed that this change of RO tabs being merged with new tabs was to make it 'easier' for players so they don't have to manually move everything out of their RO tabs.

The problem with this is the fact that it ONLY makes it easier if it decides to merge one of the few tabs I want to keep - If it merges one of my 'levelling' tabs or generic no quality gem tabs with an empty tab that hasn't helped me one bit, it's make things MORE tedious because I now I have to actually go about clearing the tabs 1 item at a time where as previously I could just ignore it - Out of the 20 tabs I have that will now end up in the perma leagues the only ones I would want to keep are my crafting/currency/unique/maps/quality gem/quality flask tabs, which account for less than half of my tabs from invasion.

If they really wanted to make it 'easier' they would let me right click on a RO tab and choose to merge it with a new tab or let me 'upgrade' my RO tab to a standard or premium tab directly from the stash UI.

I wouldn't even mind if RO tabs had a fixed ttl before they expire, so that we have to do something with the items in some period of time or loose them, but the idea of purchasing a new tab only to have it populated with junk that I now have to manually clear with no easy mechanism to do so (ctrl+click highlight and delete would be MORE than sufficient) which totally undermines the reason for the change as given by GGG.

The thing is the remove only tabs are wasting space on the server because people didnt pay for them. The ones you pay for are fair and square yours to use anyway you like.

You make arguments about how you have to actually sort through them but you dont have to. Dont buy new ones and dont expect GGG to appreciate this behavior either.

It took me about an hour to sort through tabs from the leagues in both SC and HC and im done now and happy with it.

How about instead of complaining which tabs are being converted you buy as many new tabs as you have remove only tabs in order to have full control over them i.e. put stuff in them as well as taking stuff out.
3 days without news, chris are you okay?
I'm that Morty guy.
"
OneLyc wrote:
3 days without news, chris are you okay?

It was the weekend :P
Probably get some news in a few hours.
"
"

How about instead of complaining which tabs are being converted you buy as many new tabs as you have remove only tabs in order to have full control over them i.e. put stuff in them as well as taking stuff out.

So, your solution for someone being inconvenienced by changes to a purchasable item is to ... buy even more quantities of that item?

Hey, I bought this toaster yesterday, and it's burning all of my bread.
Solution: Buy more toasters.

No mate.

If a company makes changes to an item that end up causing the customer problems, no matter how big or small, then the customer has every right to voice his displeasure with the situation.

Want a tangible example?
About a month ago, the local branch of a company responsible for selling coffee changed the design on the lids of their coffee bottles, but made an oversight that caused them to be much harder to open.

Sent them an email shedding light into the situation.
They replied back with a thank you and asked me for an address.
A few days later I got a complimentary bottle of coffee in the mail sporting a tweaked, easier to open, lid.
A few days ago I went to the local market and noticed the bottles now all have the corrected lid.

They didn't suggest I buy more coffee bottles...

You dont understand it. Remove only tabs are there to move items from one league to another and if you keep them around forever thats like stealing from someone who has been nice to you.

GGG cant do it any other way sadly or people will be pissed that items get deleted along with the remove only tabs or i would this is what they should be doing but they just cant. This is the best way to do it, buy tabs and get remove only tabs converted or leave the tabs as they are. Either way, no one here paid for the remove only tabs so they are basically just loaned out space for your items you found in their game.
"
"

You dont understand it. Remove only tabs are there to move items from one league to another and if you keep them around forever thats like stealing from someone who has been nice to you.

GGG cant do it any other way sadly or people will be pissed that items get deleted along with the remove only tabs or i would this is what they should be doing but they just cant. This is the best way to do it, buy tabs and get remove only tabs converted or leave the tabs as they are. Either way, no one here paid for the remove only tabs so they are basically just loaned out space for your items you found in their game.

I really must not understand it at all.

How does GGG having to introduce this change, in any way, shape or form, excuse that the change is not well thought out and not well implemented?

Or are you telling me that rolling a D20 and adding your luck modifier whenever you buy a stash tab is the optimal and best way to decide which of your 20 RO tabs gets "upgraded"?

Cause that's what (at least my post, that you replied to) is referencing.

^ This.

If GGG want to stop people hoarding RO tabs that's fine, but there are FAR better options available than auto-merging them.

Even something like having 1 month to clear the tabs and take what you want starting from when you first enter the league in question is fine, that's more than enough time for people to take the stuff they want and gives them a proper incentive to buy more tabs, rather than completely discouraging it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info