Vaal Righteous Fire

Vaal RF should just proc cwdt its one of the few builds i can see with this skill and the fact that it does not makes this skill absulutely useless infact why should pots such as the unique flasks trigger cwdt when vaal rf does not this is kinda unfari to the players who want to play around the build
This skill isn't useless at all, it's the strongest source of burning damage in the game. Calling it vaal discharge would be more accurate, as it seem to have a similar range, effect and the same animation.
With life leech and vaal pact, it's not even dangerous to use as long as you don't use it on a single mob and leech too little to get full life instantly.
It can also be used as an emergency button to get back at full life when in dangerous situations and with enough ennemy to leech from. But I think it's weaker used not on full life, because of the way it's worded: "A fiery blast removes your energy shield and all but 1 life, exploding outwards to deal fire damage to nearby enemies based on the life and energy shield lost.".
The fact that's its immune to reflect and that it scale with life/es make it a really good choice for any burning VP build.
I think with time more people will start to notice its power and we will start to see it more often, but anyway I'm having a lot of fun with it.
Last edited by Frolamiz on Dec 31, 2014, 8:52:25 PM
I have rolled a quick and dirty build with Vaal Righteous Fire just this week, and it's simply the coolest Skill. Very satisfying to see your Life simply disappear and having everything around you also disappear (too lazy to set up Leech so I just Panicflask it (usually) :P lolnormal/cruel).
Last edited by Vipermagi on Dec 31, 2014, 9:16:01 PM
Loving this skill and have decided to build around it.
We'll see how I get on, but i suspect crazy burst damage to come.

That being said, I really hope GGG redo the quality of this skill in the beta, because increased spell damage by up to 15% is worthless. This skill has no shortage of damage, and 15% spell damage is comically little.

What I'd love to see is increased AOE, 20-30% would rock.

Now if only I could get a particular beta unique.... heheheheh.
How does this skill, regen, and degen from ground effects interact? Would I go to 1 hp, then immediately up to 1 + (regen - degen)?

Is it possible to die from activating vaal rf while taking a degen that you would never die from under other circumstances?
http://www.twitch.tv/exhortatory
If you Regenerate more than you Degenerate, you will survive. I do this all the time :)
Mid-air Projectiles will fuck your shit up though :P You kinda need Leech + Vaal Pact or Atziri's Splendour (100 Life on Kill)
"
Vipermagi wrote:
If you Regenerate more than you Degenerate, you will survive. I do this all the time :)
Mid-air Projectiles will fuck your shit up though :P You kinda need Leech + Vaal Pact or Atziri's Splendour (100 Life on Kill)

Ahh, I didn't think about mid-air projectiles. Good to know about the degen though, thanks!
http://www.twitch.tv/exhortatory
Going to play around with this a bit. Can anyone confirm or denie Vaal RF interacting with low life and Pain Attunement?
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
"
Going to play around with this a bit. Can anyone confirm or denie Vaal RF interacting with low life and Pain Attunement?
the skill calculates current hp -1, sets hp to 1, then uses applicable mods on the recorded value to deal damage.

yes pain attunement works.
"
Jess_GGG wrote:
Post your feedback for this skill here!

Working on a build and would like to get it confirmed or denied from someone official since this thread and a google search has different answers. Anyway, PAIN ATTUNEMENT, will this work with VRF?

Also, the soul requirement.. Isn't it pretty f*****g damn high when playing in Merciless and not Normal?? :D

Cheers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info