Ball Lightning

If they buff it by more than 5 10% we will.have another arc.

This skill already is very very strong if someone put some thought into the build. People were stupidly using old trick for it and getting garbage results. And whined. Ggg again succumbed to the whine pressure but this time i think thwy dis so prematurely and needlesly

But while people qith bad builds are going to have a viable skill ill finaly have an op build of my own
"
sidtherat wrote:
If they buff it by more than 5 10% we will.have another arc.

This skill already is very very strong if someone put some thought into the build. People were stupidly using old trick for it and getting garbage results. And whined. Ggg again succumbed to the whine pressure but this time i think thwy dis so prematurely and needlesly

But while people qith bad builds are going to have a viable skill ill finaly have an op build of my own

15% will not make it op. Especially with shock change, which will hit it the hardest of all lightning spells.

P.S. But for me, new passive tree spells win with the freeze build, will finally be able to drop added cold with all those freeze chance nodes.
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
"
Ball Lightning OLD
16 61 136 32 6-121 21,126,787
17 63 140 33 7-132 50,254,966
18 65 144 33 9-164 89,391,985
19 67 148 34 9-180 146,266,188
20 69 153 34 10-198

NEW
16 61 136 26 9-163 21,126,787
17 63 140 26 9-180 50,254,966
18 65 144 26 10-197 89,391,985
19 67 148 27 11-217 146,266,188
20 69 153 27 13-238

+20%

for people that cannot build for it it wont change much

for me - it means absolutely OP build until GGG nerfs it next league

this and 5% crit makes it Arc-level op. but only for people that cared to understand how to make it work..
the fencing node group is buffed too, 18% chance and 50% distance. doesn't sound like much but for ball lightning it is =p. so now you'd need two of the three curse groups for projectile weakness, 20% quality knockback, and the fencing passives to have 100% knockback. less work as people would go miles for aura nodes and they're all inbetween.
GGG, I would like to know how much radius adds additional hit on stationary target with unmodified projectile speed
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
the fencing node group is buffed too, 18% chance and 50% distance. doesn't sound like much but for ball lightning it is =p. so now you'd need two of the three curse groups for projectile weakness, 20% quality knockback, and the fencing passives to have 100% knockback. less work as people would go miles for aura nodes and they're all inbetween.

i do not think that more than 50-60% knockback is needed

too high chance of knockback == risk of knocking mobs 'to the side' and effectively reducing damage. KB from KB gem (~50%) is imho enough and im not going to pursue higher chances

it is not needed. this skill is already crazy good - but no streamer yet used it so sheeple keep ignoring it

with crit and flat dmg buff it is going to be insta-FoTM for next league
by "to the side" you really mean, directly away from caster. being pushed "the wrong way" would only happen at point blank.

additionally, sure doesn't need more than 60% which is the passive group OR curse then plus support. mostly because its far easier to boost AoE size and use slower projectile, but using all three effects is eating your cake while enjoying it.

@kavinux go pages 15 and 17, this was answered by players doing math. don't be that lazy.
here's a start though, skill rad is 12. i know foes in a caster's face will take at least two hits via no modification. diameter is double rad, so 24, and distance traveled between hits is speed/rate, or 36/5 = 7.2, then this says that foes should be taking 3 hits if they were in entire area with no boosts, edge to edge. because casting from point blank is NOT edge to edge, and we don't know monster sizes, the answer to your question will be fuzzy at best. =p
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
by "to the side" you really mean, directly away from caster. being pushed "the wrong way" would only happen at point blank.

additionally, sure doesn't need more than 60% which is the passive group OR curse then plus support. mostly because its far easier to boost AoE size and use slower projectile, but using all three effects is eating your cake while enjoying it.

knockback is always 'directly from the player' and in some cases - like projectile passing mob to the left/right, that 'away' does not mean pushing mob in front of ball, but.. well.. to the side, away from the ball, thus limiting the total damage

ive played with knockback A LOT with BL and this does happen frequently. also - it is all very fluid and hard to control/plan for because of VERY dynamic gameplay: cast/move/cast/move - this makes mobs change directions etc etc

it makes little practical sense to calculate anything based on 'knockback efficiency' - this is something better judged by pure experience

and yes: KB + AOE + SP == ultimate combo. sadly that KB cluster is costly starting as a shadow (and i will have to, dont ask why). curse - while it seems to now provide frenzy charges on kill - is unreliable and i do not like curses anyway and in parties it is going to be overwritten for sure

btw - KB gem provides ~52% chance iirc at 20/20. i consider it enough and vs some slow bosses it is utter overkill :)
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
soul4hdwn wrote:

knockback is always 'directly from the player' and in some cases - like projectile passing mob to the left/right, that 'away' does not mean pushing mob in front of ball, but.. well.. to the side, away from the ball, thus limiting the total damage

ive played with knockback A LOT with BL and this does happen frequently. also - it is all very fluid and hard to control/plan for because of VERY dynamic gameplay: cast/move/cast/move - this makes mobs change directions etc etc

it makes little practical sense to calculate anything based on 'knockback efficiency' - this is something better judged by pure experience

and yes: KB + AOE + SP == ultimate combo. sadly that KB cluster is costly starting as a shadow (and i will have to, dont ask why). curse - while it seems to now provide frenzy charges on kill - is unreliable and i do not like curses anyway and in parties it is going to be overwritten for sure

btw - KB gem provides ~52% chance iirc at 20/20. i consider it enough and vs some slow bosses it is utter overkill :)

Did you mean LP (Lightning Pen) instead of SP? I agree that curses will be overwritten when playing in party, but the dual curse nodes are very accessible. Do you have a build you can post? I'm debating witch, but curious as to why you want to go shadow.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
until i know how is the mana changed (and this is one of the things we still do not know - even if i can read (barely) TW forums my chineese is not good enough to understand any discussions there) im not going to practice with any builds

i noticed last league that it is better for me to start with 'real' thing instead of planning builds knowing just 75% of entire story. it is difficult to not suggest oneself with previous 'plans' even tho these are not valid anymore..

why mana? EB/AA or CI or CI/AA - there are so many questions about auras/cost/effects etc that i do not want to make wrong assumptions.

shadow? because i 're-use' characters - my BL is shadow, my 1.2 BL is going to be the same shadow. it is not efficient, but hey, im not here to make money

and SP - i meant that if someone is for best damage Knockback + Slow Proj + AOE + penetration (ignored that as penetration is mandatory for single-element spell) plus flat dmg (chaos if scaled with 'spell damage', lightning if with 'elemental/lightning')in a non-crit setup is the best. cast speed can be gotten from wand/jewelry/tree. it has diminishing returns anyway.

adding 2 hits is ~100% MORE damage. Ball lightning should be scaled by the numbers of zaps per mob per cast as this is the strongest scaling mechanism available. certainly stronger than 50% MORE dmg from 50% cast speed increase

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info