Ball Lightning

witch + templar + scion AoE passives + lv 20 inc AoE = 85% inc rad
slower projectiles lv 20 = 44% slower

12 * 1.85 = 22.2 radius
36 * 0.56 = 20.16 speed

22 > 21 condition one met for keeping foes constantly away and damaged.

max knockback distance = 4 * 1.4 = 5.6
max chance = 98% via 15% passive + 46% lv 22 knockback + 10% via knockback 20% quality + 27% via lv 25/26 projectile weakness (via empower lv 3) all via lv +1/+1 equipment.

considering without quality, empower, or +1/+1 equip = 83% or an average of one out of the 5 hits per second won't knockback a foe. so... 4 * 5.6 = 22.4 condition 2 (mostly) met for keeping foes permanently in damage and away from caster.

i was bored... enjoy
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Smodab wrote:
Is there any chance of a GGG reply with the ball's base radius and travel speed?

Trying to do some theorycrafting and cannot finish without these numbers. I'm attempting to back them out by analyzing videos, but it's really tough to get a good measurement.

Base radius 12 units, Base speed works out at roughly 36 units per second, as far as I can tell.

Well now, I feel special! Seems that getting quoted by Mark should be an achievement to unlock.

Thanks for the reply Mark, I can finally finish this spreadsheet.
So in my scenario of 170% AoE is 32,40 or did i miscalculated?

That means i am a little bit back from an extra hit landed?

I can currently bump it with quality of gems to 180%.That means 33.6?
Bye bye desync!
Last edited by elwindakos on Jul 17, 2014, 12:26:09 AM
"
elwindakos wrote:
So in my scenario of 170% AoE is 32,40 or did i miscalculated?

That means i am a little bit back from an extra hit landed?

I can currently bump it with quality of gems to 180%.That means 33.6?
yes, although double is all you'd "need" if using knockback to extend damage.
Damn,If only they would fix the bug i could reach the threashold theoryticaly to get one more hit w/o knockback.That would be awesome and a man can only dream :S
Bye bye desync!
what bug? also range 36 / 5 hits per second = 7.2 distance traveled between hits, that info might help.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
what bug? also range 36 / 5 hits per second = 7.2 distance traveled between hits, that info might help.

The potions bug with perandus signet.Anyway,all this is good info
Bye bye desync!
Mark - is it still so that numbers regarding Range/Radius are always integers? that is rounded down? I remember that this made increasing AOE only if one could reach 'next integer' value

also - to others - core of Ball Lightning is

BL + AOE + Knockback - this setup plays to all BL strenghts multiplying its real damage far far above what unimaginative part of playerbase tries to do with cast speed

our old friend Oak slapped around

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5KX2-ywypA

i wonder how it is possible that there are people around here that STILL claim that this skill is 'crap' 'tragedy' 'hopeless' and 'requires immediate buff'

"
sidtherat wrote:
Mark - is it still so that numbers regarding Range/Radius are always integers? that is rounded down? I remember that this made increasing AOE only if one could reach 'next integer' value

Yes, radius effectively has thresholds, not sure about range because of the way it's calculated.

On the subject of video, sorry, Sid but I still see only a few hits per cast. I agreed it's pretty nifty that knockback gives it a nice mix of offense and defense but it's still far from spectacular, and, like I said, knockback is an unreliable tool that I don't like my skill requiring to work. I want to see 'great with knockback - good without', not 'good with knockback, crap without'.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
you want build, support and use all skills the same

you are free to do so

but stop drawing conclusions on something you clearly are unwilling to use properly.

also: arc is pretty much meh without empower. it is the same story. you find a way to use skill properly and you use.

from what naysayers here are saying they are using arc like this:

arc - added cold - added lightning - faster casting and they cry: 'craaap'

while few more creative dudes toy with Empower and claim that 'arc is fine'

it is the same story
Last edited by sidtherat on Jul 17, 2014, 4:31:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info