[1.1.5/1.2 Tree Posted][Hardcore] The Ice Princess - A Hardcore Crit Glacial Cascade Build

Couple of questions:

-First, you talk about Flask Effect nodes in your presentation, but then none of your trees have them- did you change your mind or something?
-Second, what skill links you suggest for levelling? I suspect that PCoC might not actually do that much while levelling, but i might be wrong.
-Third, what are your other skills beside AA/CS/GC? it seems you are using a Summon Skeleton totem in your videos, but 'your gear' shows you as having a ice nova totem. Did you switch things up, and why?
"
Tomark wrote:
Couple of questions:

-First, you talk about Flask Effect nodes in your presentation, but then none of your trees have them- did you change your mind or something?

Sorry for the late reply, been pretty wrapped up in the 1 month and forgot to check this thread. I didn't pick up the flask nodes until around level 85. It was around that time that my crit and cast speed was high enough that I could keep pretty good uptime (not quite 100%, but close) on granite and quicksilver flasks. Also, reflect was starting to hurt a bit, so the extra max resists from the sapphire flask became more valuable.

"
Tomark wrote:

-Second, what skill links you suggest for levelling? I suspect that PCoC might not actually do that much while levelling, but i might be wrong.

You're correct that PCoC isn't very useful for leveling. I actually didn't even get crit or power charge nodes until around level 60. Instead, I grabbed more spell damage and cold damage nodes to boost damage while leveling. I'd say faster casting (or spell echo) and added chaos are the 2 best supports for leveling. You could run just those 3 in a +2 cold level gems wand/shield or get a high spell damage wand and/or shield and run a 4 link. Spell echo wasn't available when I leveled, but I imagine faster casting+spell echo would be pretty effective. You could also use added lightning or even concentrated effect if you don't mind the smaller AoE and can sustain the mana cost. Conc effect is very nice to have on hand to swap in for bosses while leveling.

Try to get your cold snap 4L in place as early as possible. It makes act bosses a lot safer and less of a headache. It can be tricky though since you'll have to wait for the cooldown and might have to run around waiting for it if it fails to freeze.

"
Tomark wrote:

-Third, what are your other skills beside AA/CS/GC? it seems you are using a Summon Skeleton totem in your videos, but 'your gear' shows you as having a ice nova totem. Did you switch things up, and why?

The last 3 link is still a bit of a work in progress. Ice nova totem is a ton of fun, but I wouldn't really recommend it. I'll take it off when I log in next so it won't confuse people. I used skeleton totem all the way from 70-90 and just recently started thinking about other options. I'd recommend skeleton totem for single target situations against high physical damage dealing enemies. It was pretty much mandatory against some invaders. If/when I get dual curse I plan to use that 3 link for CwDT temporal chains + something else.

For curse, I use a 20 quality critical weakness in my 4l gloves of AA+Crit Weakness+Empower+Enhance. The enhance and empower are luxury items that I didn't have until level 91. I also leveled an enfeeble as I do on every hardcore character if possible, but haven't used it since before I started maps. It's a little counter-intuitive, but I've found that crit weakness is better than enfeeble or temp chains even as a defensive curse because it lets you freeze better and freeze is this build's first line of defense. Temp chains is only better for freeze locking bosses with ele prolif from cold snap.
Last edited by PureTrancendence on Jul 23, 2014, 6:48:06 PM
bandits?
"
terrbear wrote:
bandits?

Oak for the life in normal, kill all for passive point in cruel, and alira for power charge in merciless. I'll add to the leveling section, thanks for the reminder!
I tried too

poorman's gear
Spoiler

tree
Spoiler

prob is that i need more life and resists, i get destroyed too easley

i can farm sarn atleast XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW_IW-1i7-g
wanted the closest as possible to D2's singer
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Aug 4, 2014, 9:58:52 PM
How is this build going to be impacted by the new skill tree? Can you make a new tree?
Puppy will get to it give em a few to look at the tree although he may be more focused on his ice nova alternative for the new league.

Here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/988377
http://www.twitch.tv/johmasho
"
Maswasnos wrote:
How is this build going to be impacted by the new skill tree? Can you make a new tree?

I'll have a tentative 1.2 tree up in a day or two. It looks like it will be possible to get roughly 6% additional crit chance on glacial cascade with the new tree and my first attempt at a build looks like there will be more mana/es nodes from the tree than before. I'll post a comparison of differences between 1.1.5 and 1.2 when I post a new one.

Also, after going back and forth between build ideas I decided I'm just going to go for the ice nova build right off the bat in Beyond. It looks like it won't be getting a buff and the buff to ice spear is probably going to make gear for it more expensive. Stuff like doryani's invitation and berek's grip (which is only available as a race reward from last season) will probably be very expensive, but I don't think they're strictly required for this build or an ice nova build. The ice nova build will still use glacial cascade for single target and cold snap for the guaranteed freeze, so in a lot of ways it's a continuation of this build with hopefully faster AoE clear speed.
"
"
Maswasnos wrote:

I'll have a tentative 1.2 tree up in a day or two. It looks like it will be possible to get roughly 6% additional crit chance on glacial cascade with the new tree and my first attempt at a build looks like there will be more mana/es nodes from the tree than before. I'll post a comparison of differences between 1.1.5 and 1.2 when I post a new one.

Also, after going back and forth between build ideas I decided I'm just going to go for the ice nova build right off the bat in Beyond. It looks like it won't be getting a buff and the buff to ice spear is probably going to make gear for it more expensive. Stuff like doryani's invitation and berek's grip (which is only available as a race reward from last season) will probably be very expensive, but I don't think they're strictly required for this build or an ice nova build. The ice nova build will still use glacial cascade for single target and cold snap for the guaranteed freeze, so in a lot of ways it's a continuation of this build with hopefully faster AoE clear speed.

What Ice Nova build are you talking about?

Also, looking at your 1.2 tree, is there any reason you aren't taking the Flask nodes, especially as you are right next to it?
"
Tomark wrote:

What Ice Nova build are you talking about?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/988377/page/1/#p8457068
http://www.twitch.tv/johmasho

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info