[1.2.0] "Forcefield" - Flameblast - EB/MoM/Block - Atziri & Endgame Viable!

"
lui36000 wrote:
Hi there,

First of all, great guide! Very well written and overall the most powerful char i ever played (kinda casual)

Just rerolled my lvl 86 witch, that was a summoner before. Put all my currency in the required gear, 6L a CoD myself (pretty lucky at that) and now I´m impressed by the toon. Kinda reminds me of my old BM spectres (good times..)

Now my question is:

What does spell echo do for flameblast. I kinda see no effect in my 6L. BTW Off Colouring CoD is a pain, i stopped at RBBBBB (conc. effect)

thanks!

Edit: Sorry got that, you reach your max charge up faster :p

Would have been more fun if it casted two Flameblasts!
Last edited by Redoxe on Sep 9, 2014, 10:26:04 AM
Spell echo allows you to cast your charges faster....
Hallo, could you explain me the phrase "Cloak of Defiance is what lets us get such high block chance while still having a decent "life" pool."
IGN: Javana
"
Orlog wrote:
Hallo, could you explain me the phrase "Cloak of Defiance is what lets us get such high block chance while still having a decent "life" pool."

One of the biggest problems I had when aiming for max block was that to get all that block I had to drop life nodes and end up with less life than I was comfortable with, Cloak of Defiance gives us Mind Over Matter which makes it so that your mana kind of works as your life.

Without Cloak of Defiance I would only have my 4.7k life which isn't enough for those times damage does get through my block but when using it I have a total of 6k+ life & mana (now all "life" with MoM). That's why I also don't like using Lightning Coil with this build as it makes you too vulnerable to high elemental damage bursts.

I hope that explains it.
Last edited by Redoxe on Sep 11, 2014, 1:46:16 AM
"
Redoxe wrote:
"
Orlog wrote:

One of the biggest problems I had when aiming for max block was that to get all that block I had to drop life nodes and end up with less life than I was comfortable with, Cloak of Defiance gives us Mind Over Matter which makes it so that your mana kind of works as your life.

Without Cloak of Defiance I would only have my 4.7k life which isn't enough for those times damage does get through my block but when using it I have a total of 6k+ life & mana (now all "life" with MoM). That's why I also don't like using Lightning Coil with this build as it makes you too vulnerable to high elemental damage bursts.

I hope that explains it.

I just dont understand how it gives block/
"
Orlog wrote:
"
Redoxe wrote:
"
Orlog wrote:

I hope that explains it.

I just dont understand how it gives block/

It doesn't give block, it just allows us to still have a decent life pool when we are spending so many points on block instead of life. Sorry if my wording was confusing, maybe I'll just rewrite it to make it more clear.
Thank you, now it is clear to me. Cloak gives more "life pool" and we can grab a lot of block nodes.
Hi there,

Im using conc effect in a 6L CoD since I couldnt get right colours. Since Conc effect wont increase burning damage and most damage comes from burning, as I suppose, how important would you value fire pen? If its very important, I´ll throw in 200 chromes more...

Quote wiki: "As a degeneration effect, Burning does not benefit from any support skill which requires a hit. This includes Fire Penetration"

"The base duration of ignite is 4 seconds. The burning damage over time is 20% of the initial hit of fire damage, per second. Therefore, over the base duration the target will take 80% of the damage dealt by the original hit."

so fire penetration increases the initial hit, thereby increasing burning damage over time?

greetz

Edit: ACtually I use item rarity most of the time :p
Last edited by lui36000 on Sep 12, 2014, 2:24:24 PM
"
lui36000 wrote:
Hi there,

Im using conc effect in a 6L CoD since I couldnt get right colours. Since Conc effect wont increase burning damage and most damage comes from burning, as I suppose, how important would you value fire pen? If its very important, I´ll throw in 200 chromes more...

Quote wiki: "As a degeneration effect, Burning does not benefit from any support skill which requires a hit. This includes Fire Penetration"

"The base duration of ignite is 4 seconds. The burning damage over time is 20% of the initial hit of fire damage, per second. Therefore, over the base duration the target will take 80% of the damage dealt by the original hit."

so fire penetration increases the initial hit, thereby increasing burning damage over time?

greetz

Edit: ACtually I use item rarity most of the time :p

I didn't actually know that, I just assummed it worked for both the initial hit and the ignite. Wiki might be wrong again but this time I haven't looked into it so it could be legit. Fire Pen is still really important as fighting against enemies with high fire resist can be a pain in the ass and without that gem it would be even worse.

Edit: Looked it up and it really does not do anything to the ignite other than make the initial hit deal more damage.

Last edited by Redoxe on Sep 12, 2014, 2:57:14 PM
Hi,

I would like to know if Blind on Tempest Shield is really effective ? Since we already block 78% of attacks.

Also, do you think that Mokou's Embrace can be worth it ?

Sorry if all of this was already asked in the 25 pages, didn't read everything...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info