Padsi Incinerate Full Block Uppdate 1.2

"
Dharmatrooper wrote:
No offence but why you people still try to create builds which uses snapshoting? It will be removed soon so why dont you try to build without it? %)

The Incinerate build doesn't use snapshotting but you're probably talking about the RF build which I haven't looked at since I did that in Invasion. But I agree with your point, with snapshotting being removed in August now is the perfect time to attempt builds without it! :D
deleted
Last edited by Revanox on Jul 10, 2014, 3:41:24 AM
anyone playing this build?
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
I am. I'm currently level 82 and I love the build :) everything has been a breeze so far
"
Revanox wrote:
I am. I'm currently level 82 and I love the build :) everything has been a breeze so far

can you post your gear to see if im going in the right direction? this is what i got so far cause of my level i cant wear certain stuff yet
still using searing bond at the moment also
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ

I used searing bond + Flameblast until I hit act 2 Merciless.
If you can get a searing touch it really helps with leveling, but only if you think you're going at a slow pace.

Just focus on leveling for now, and then when you switch over to EB and incinerate, you should have a 5L chest and just drop faster casting
"
dragnmith1 wrote:
"
Revanox wrote:

can you post your gear to see if im going in the right direction? this is what i got so far cause of my level i cant wear certain stuff yet
still using searing bond at the moment also

Just thought I'd let you know that I am also running this build, however I am in the One Month Hardcore race.

Here is my gear currently at level 77:

currently 79 about to hit 80 loving the build as well. what map mods woudl you consider hard/impossible for this build? (ones i foresee being hard or undoable)=no mana regen/blood magic?

Edit: just tried norm atziri. couldnt make it past the 3 bosses :( corrupting blood to hard.
Last edited by beardedmagician on Jul 16, 2014, 10:28:30 PM
"
currently 79 about to hit 80 loving the build as well. what map mods would you consider hard/impossible for this build? (ones i foresee being hard or undoable)=no mana regen/blood magic?

I'm only 78 and mostly theorycrafting here, but I think no-regen should actually be fairly doable for this build with the right substitutions. Half regen maps are quite doable by dropping Fire Pen (casting 4L Incinerate) and toggling Arctic Armor whenever you have to run long distances. Health regen is not a problem thanks to Cybil's Paw instantly applying life gain on hit.

0 regen requires a Mana Leech gem to swap out (I haven't tried it so I can't comment on its viability). Because of this, I'd prefer to get 2R-2G-2B on a 6L over 2R-1G-3B, using Faster Projectiles instead of Faster Casting, allowing me to swap faster projectiles for Mana Leech. You can drop Clarity and Discipline on a 0 regen map to free up your mana pool, allowing you to cast more before going OOM. I would carry around 1 mana flask in case I do run out of mana.

Blood Magic is somewhat dangerous, but it should still be quite doable. Clarity and Discipline provide no benefit on these maps. We lose the ability to run Purity of Lightning; assuming 83% max lightning resist (4% from the tree, 4% from level 20 Purity of Lightning), we will take 24% more lightning damage and 9.5% more physical damage (from damage converted to lightning from Lightning Coil), with no gain to cold/fire/chaos damage. Losing Tempest Shield causes us to lose 4% block/spell block, meaning we take a net 13%/16% more damage from attacks and spells respectively assuming the OP's block numbers. With worse block, the survivability loss from losing Tempest Shield is even smaller. Overall, these numbers are fairly comparable to running other increased damage mods.

Arctic Armor is actually quite doable on blood magic maps: we get 4.5% life regen from the base passive tree, readily obtainable by level 70. Assuming a 5k life pool (worse gear than OP), we can regenerate 225 life per second, completely negating the moving life drain of up to level 19 Arctic Armor. With 5.5k life, we can run level 20 Arctic Armor and still regen 18 life per second while moving.

Assuming an Incinerate-GMP-Spell Echo-Iron Will-Fire Pen-Faster Projectiles 6L setup and 52% cast speed (25% from Cybil's Paw & Stone of Lazhwar, 12% from the passive tree, plus a high estimate of 15% from rings), we will degenerate 279 life per second from Incinerate, and another 38 per second from level 20 arctic armor, for a total of 317 life degen per second while casting. Assuming 72% cast speed (from 20% quality GMP and Faster Projectiles), we will degenerate 354 life per second with Incinerate and Arctic Armor, necessitating the usage of Life Leech instead of Iron Will. We will also want to avoid situations where we only have one incinerate projectile hitting the target so that we regenerate life at a reasonable rate. I would also recommend that high level characters wishing to do blood magic maps spec into the 1% life regen node in the templar area for an addition 50+ life regen per second.

Overall, from a theorycrafting perspective, none of the map mods should be completely impossible. I will need to do some play testing of no-regen and Blood Magic maps to see how gameplay actually pans out with the above changes. If anyone decides to run a map with blood magic/no regen, I would be interested to hear how it works out.

[N.B. Corrupting Blood rares are going to be extremely dangerous with impaired regen on Blood Magic maps. You might have to skip corrupting blood rares.]
Last edited by Borgbilly on Jul 17, 2014, 6:28:27 PM
work well with this weapond also?
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info