Vaal Skill Gem Retrospective

"
I think this is a terrible idea. It'd be way too easy to not notice the skill had charged up and use the Vaal version by mistake.

This could be worked around like mines.

Press button X and the next use of the skill would be the vaal version.

Not that i want this in the game, i think they are nice how they are.

Nice read and thanks for the efforts

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"we're still keen to have some kind of "time bubble" created with Vaal Temporal Chains!".-

Yes!!! I want the Deadlock skill from Singularity!!!!!!!!!!

<redacted>
Personal Item Filter(s):
https://www.pathofexile.com/item-filter/Rxpet8
Last edited by Censurri on Apr 13, 2021, 10:13:23 AM
almost useless design.
IGN:EYELVAUD
I too also want the temporal chains bubble, it sounds amazing.

Combine with Vaal Grace and the duration nodes for the ultimate Matrix-mode.
Ultimately, i think there is too much inflation in the dps end game. A dual striker can do 400k+ dps while a fireballer does a measly 20k. This is cool in some ways, i cant stand games where things are so 'balanced' that it doesnt matter what you choose to do because the numbers will all come out the same. Some things should be better than others(in a certain context).

But in order to take the game to the next level there needs to be attack /counter-attack /defense /defense break dynamics at play. Where the optimal play is dependent upon the circumstances. Guild wars original did a phenominal job, legendary perfection level even, with this. But PoE cannot achieve such a level as regardless of the circumstances, the discrepancy between the 400k and the 20k builds is so wide that such things are meaningless.

So in short, PoE might as well continue to aim for just a fun easy experience. Thus allow vaal gems to be used as the normal variant. The arguement has been made that noone would use anything BUT vaal gems then. But as you truthfully examine the current state of the game, you will see that some shit is clearly already vastly superior.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Last edited by SkyCore on Jun 18, 2014, 8:54:26 PM
Interesting work
Despite being powerful, I find it hard to warrant using one of only eight skill slots on a Vaal gem that can only be used two or three times per zone. That, to me, is their weakness.

Between an AoE damage attack, a single-target damage attack, two charge generators, two auras, and the 'move' command, there's not many skill slots left, and anything else has to earn its place. I had Vaal Molten Shell for a while until I realised that Decoy Totem is better at keeping me alive, and more reliable.
Le Toucan Will Return
I love reading these write-ups.
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
My favorite has been vaal storm call. I'm surprised you guys let such a powerful skill need only 8 souls. Anyway, that was a really cool read. ^^

Definitely my favourite too, in a 4 link. we need more low soul cost vaal gems.
I prefer not waiting a long time between uses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info