Tanky and affordable quill rain CoC! (Updated to 1.2.0)

what about using AB, Icespear and Heral of Ice?
I didn't try that yet. Granted, I don't even have a HoI in standard atm...
Herald of ice should be a nice buff to a build like this. Benefits the attacks and spells.

Hejren / Triceps / Regnbuen / Sarinti / Striglen / Mareridt / Spoegelset / Doktoren / Dobbelganger / Skjoldtrold / Forkynderen
mjam, that true strike cluster with life..... so little points to spare...
"
PaganDK wrote:
Herald of ice should be a nice buff to a build like this. Benefits the attacks and spells.

yeah, espeacially with doryani :p
i am following the build , but for lvling this is ..... and dont really know what skill is best for leveling + i dont want to respec the whole tree again at 60 just to follow a lvl spec

so what is the best way to lvl without going of the actual talent tree
Last edited by mopzi on Sep 20, 2014, 8:13:10 AM
"
mopzi wrote:
i am following the build , but for lvling this is ..... and dont really know what skill is best for leveling + i dont want to respec the whole tree again at 60 just to follow a lvl spec

I used Facebreaker + Meginord's Girdle to level up. Infernal Blow + Melee Splash. It really doesn't care much about your passive tree.
Last edited by AenirBEPU on Sep 20, 2014, 7:31:45 PM
"
mopzi wrote:

I used Split Arrow+ LMP/GMP and puncture for Single damage, worked well.
Whooo! A random tabula dropped. One lucky vaal later:

I guess I can take a bit of time until I switch away from tabula :D

Well, to answer some questions:
"

As AenirBEPU already said, Facebreakers are always a cheap and effective choice that doesn't rely on your tree.

"
that true strike cluster with life

Well... you have to spend 5 points solely on getting there. I'd rather grab nodes in the scion life wheel, that's way more point effective. Yes, no crit in there, I know. Trust me though, doing enough dps will be the least of your concerns in higher levels.

"

With 20/20 HoI my tooltip barrage dps goes from 17.4 to ~77. That's a huge relative increase, but (even with the 8x3 hits per attack) it doesn't even remotely make a difference in your dps.
For the spells:
Fireball hits for an average of 491.5 at lvl 20 (before any reductions).
Arctic Breath hits for 467.5.
Herald of Ice adds 61.5 at lvl 20.

That's over 10% in dps increase (assuming all reductions from supports equally apply to the bonus damage). I guess that's viable if you have the mana, even more so with 20% quality (15% increased cold damage).

So yeah, go for it.
Just starting to build this at the moment and am wondering, have you thought to go up through Sentinel as opposed to going through steel skin/Master of the arena? For the same investement you would get the same life % (Scion life wheel), a little less armour %(24Armour+24Ev vs 74% Armour), but +10% to all resistances which is a struggle for this build. Would also then put you in reach of going up through Reflexes to True Strike and Harrier?

Second question - are frenzy charges worth the effort? The three points put into frenzy charges can be put straight into 5% attk speed, and the one point spent to make them give Ev% could be put straight into Ev% for almost the same amount of buff without the need of trying to maintain your charges?

am thinking of changing my tree to this:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info