Anu's Self Found Gang.

Nice guy and chill stream. GG drops yes, but divide those drops by the number of hours played. Suddenly not that gg anymore ;)
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Could you give us tips how to maintain our map pool as a solo player? What level of maps you usualy run?
How different you roll your maps than they suggest in th map management resource (339977)?

Your advices would be very useful for the people who admire being self found.
InG:
FFran
"
FFran wrote:
Could you give us tips how to maintain our map pool as a solo player? What level of maps you usualy run?
How different you roll your maps than they suggest in th map management resource (339977)?

Your advices would be very useful for the people who admire being self found.

This is something I wanted to touch on, but it is so up in the air.
For example, 2-3 weeks ago I was almost ready to do so. But it all went tits-up.

Map seed (whether this is dynamic or altered by GGG or purely RNG) is THE most important factor and good seed runs can produce amazing results while bad seed runs are terrible.

I've tried several different methods, none can ultimately maintain a map pool, self found.

I returned to PoE after a 3 month break, I had a couple of 72s in my stash, a few (maybe 10?) chisels and 20 or so alchs, no chaos iirc.

I got a small break but fell again. Another break and fell again. Another break and in three days mapping only (playing no-life of course) I had a full stash tab of 72s, a full stash tab of 73s, almost a full tab of 74s and over 100 maps ranging from 75-78.

I ran out of currency not long into this 3 day run. I accumulated most of these running blue maps and only seldom chiselling, alching and chaosing 77 and 78s. I ran a lot of 77 and 78s as non-chiselled blues.

Not only was I maintaining a map pool running blues, I was growing it.

Then, it started going wrong. I could see it was going wrong, but what could I do?

The choice was to do what I used to do, pull out of maps and run Lunaris for currency or carry on running blues.

While well rolled rare maps will have the edge on blues, it is, imo, minimal. Seed > all.
I experimented with white maps a while back and with the results of those, I'd change the above to Seed > all, as long as you run blue minimum (pack size/magics).

Now, I was going to get no XP in Lunaris and I had this massive map pool. I also wanted to see the swings in RNG. Aside from a couple of spells where I was hitting good seeds, I had 2 weeks + of absolute trash. Whether I ran blue or uber rolled, chiselled, 8 prop vaaled maps, I got nothing.

I used all the 100+ lvl75+ maps, and those which dropped from them.

I went through what was now a full tab of 74s (I'd been tiering up 72 and 73 drops as their tabs were full.

I went through the full tab of 73s.

I spent a lot of time tiering up the 72s to 73s and running.

I was getting nothing but -maps and equal maps.

Yesterday, I spent over 14 hours solid running 73s with the very rare 74.
Then I got a break. 73-74-76-78 and this happened.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/955874

That's the kind of break which, with good seeds, can fill you up with maps from nothing.

I am fully at the mercy of the seed and RNG as to whether I'll remain or fall (update: I fell). Rolling these maps and chiselling these maps is the least relevant part.

So the advice? Prey to RNGesus and know that whatever you do, a luck streak will come, but also whatever you do, it will be taken from you.

You could only run maps when it's good and pull out when it's bad. But you don't know if it's good or bad unless you are mapping. Personally, knowing that I can go from nothing to swimming in maps 'just like that' (and have done several times), I'd rather just keep running them because, well because anything else in PoE is shit, imo.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Jun 27, 2014, 6:55:50 PM
Thank you
InG:
FFran
I really love the back stories. so cool!
"Come along fool, a direct hit to the senses will leave you disconnected."
Fourth character back story up.

Wander Witch Hype!!!!!
Casually casual.

what is this music/radiostation you listen to on your stream?
from 0.10.0 patch notes: "Fixed a bug where you could add Piety to your friends list." xD
"
ubix wrote:
what is this music/radiostation you listen to on your stream?

I listen to Spotify.

Either Radio: Lounge - soft house.

Or

Stuff I've starred from that radio list in the past.

I don't do social networking but apparently you can access this starred list if you have my spotify user, which is ~anuhart.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Jul 16, 2014, 11:36:01 AM
Well over 6,000 hours now and just as I was imagining it happening, it did.

Eternal #2 dropped.

So today I will mostly, unashamedly, be imagining exalts.
Casually casual.

^ gratz on that eternal, lol :)

Though this stupid design deserves only shamefur triple facepalming...

Also, nice read on the backstories! :)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info