Anu's Self Found Gang.

Low Life Shadow's respec done to where I want for now.

75% Chaos res.

Updated tree and gear for him to OP.
Casually casual.

Jungle Valley test on no shav/lorica low life arcer.

http://www.twitch.tv/theanuhart/c/6334657
Casually casual.

Nice theorycraft on that lowlife max chaos res build.
IGN : @Morgoth

First Arc to hit 20 goes 21.

While well over 20 20/20 HoTs now refused to go 21.

:/
Casually casual.

Grats on hitting 100 on your Templar! If I may ask, what games did you play before POE? And do you have any interest in any other games?
I've seen some of your items/builds before. I applaud you, I always tell myself I'll play self found but the efficiency of trade is not lightly cast side, especially in hardcore.

I do have a question - any specific tips for doing a first-time self found character? I plan to play completely 100% self found in the new Hardcore leagues after Act 4 drops. It sure to be a very hard time, but having played at least 1-2,000 hours, and having blitzed the 1 month leagues with ease, I think I'm ready.

But I would *love* if you could provide some tips, maybe a few build suggestions that mesh really well with self found. I'd prefer to avoid flame totem since I've done it to 80 a few times now.

Thanks for the thread, the inspiration, and maybe some tips! :)
Team Won
Yea Anu, gratz on the second 100. Already working toward the next one, I bet :)

E:
@ggnorekthx, any build that works well with only rares, will work well as SF. Common-to-rare uniques are not a problem either, but only once you can farm maps. Gems and flasks (granite, lol) are sometimes a bigger bottleneck than gear.

my tips for SF are:

* while leveling, dont waste orbs until strictly needed (usually that's Merc)
* check all vendors on lvl-up
* always pick up stuff for vendor recipes
* as caster you can use +1 gem recipe weapons till maps
* as physical you can use rustic recipe weapons till A3M or maps
* the cheapest way to get a 5L is to link a white 6S chest using scraps and then chaos spam it to something decent
* I usually first wait for a 6S chest drop, to save on jew (never 5L 5S items)
* lvl Elron & Vorici to 6 asap
* pick up hammers as you go :)
* if you loot a regal early on, dont use it! save it for buying echo or multistrike from masters
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Apr 4, 2015, 6:38:22 PM
Thanks, guys.

ggnorekthx, I'm really not the person to ask (but I do get asked a lot). Honestly, I am the epitome of inefficiency, I have what I have through thousands of hours of inefficiency in one league, that's it, nothing more to it :D.

Racers, HC min/maxers that set aside a character for a SF challenge or any person who plays leagues with little or no trade will be better off at helping you than me.

Take for example morbo's post above (thanks, mate).

To pick just the first tip he gave: while leveling, dont waste orbs until strictly needed (usually that's Merc)...... See, I'd spend any orb I get, when I get it, if there's an item I want to use it on. Efficient? No. Doing what I want when I want? Yup.

I'll do crazy things like pick up every chrome and chrome item, amass 2 full tabs of chromes, then use them in one sitting trying to get as many off colours as possible on an item I may never use and have no plans for.

Many of the game features that morbo mentioned were not in PoE when I levelled my first character (who was actually the templar who just dinged 100 over 2 years later, LMAO -_-), he just struggled on bashing his head against gates with the worst build possible for SSF first character in a new league. Every character I've levelled since (only another 6 in all that time) were basically pimped to at least some extent (usually a big extent) from the item wealth that gathers in my stash. I have no want or need to level a character from scratch just now. I might at some point in the future, but the way I see it I'm still on the original long term progression of my account and nowhere near complete. Temp leagues are just so not me, efficiency is so not me, so being efficient in a temp league is like, huh? wut?

:)

Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Apr 5, 2015, 7:19:58 PM
"
Grats on hitting 100 on your Templar! If I may ask, what games did you play before POE? And do you have any interest in any other games?

Damn, sorry, missed this.

First, TY.

Uhhm, I got back into gaming heavily a few years ago after doing normal family stuffs for some years.. WoW, Aion, STO, LotRO, Rift, D3, PoE. Played some Grim Dawn and Torchlight II while playing PoE.

I have my eye firmly fixed on Grim Dawn but don't want to play it any more until it is released.

Casually casual.

Thought I'd do some comparisons with a +3 lightning staff with literally nothing but shit stats with it.

Threw 1 fuse on to get a 4 link to work with (as leech and pen wouldn't affect TT any way).

Dafooq?

Any way, 2/3rds of a pledge but a great gem leveller with enhance :D
Casually casual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info