How to fix high-level PVP

If Crit was eliminated in HLD, would that help fix the problem of either dieing in 1 sec or killing in 1 sec with no strategy involved? Maybe the idea is too extreme though.
"Come along fool, a direct hit to the senses will leave you disconnected."
"
KimchiGirlx3 wrote:
If Crit was eliminated in HLD, would that help fix the problem of either dieing in 1 sec or killing in 1 sec with no strategy involved? Maybe the idea is too extreme though.

actually pvp involve a lot of strategy just because you can kill/be killed with 1 hit.
but the majority of the ppl dont understand this and just go face to face praying the enemy will die before him.
PvP Team Omniscient

IGN: aBearTrap / AnExplosiveArrow

[quote="MullaXul"]ICU + alpha, bad idea[/quote]
I disagree with most of your suggestions. It seems like you have a certain build that you want to work in PvP and you wish it was better. Honestly if you really put some thought into your build you could overcome all of your problems.

1. The shortness of the pvp makes it exciting. You have to figure out a way to outlive someone 1 shotting you so you can get the chance to get them. My character currently has 4K life and with various defenses and strategies I can beat almost everyone.

TIP - Use curses, flasks, utility spells that many don't think of in PvE. Blind is great if you can figure out a way to use it.

2. I have never seen life regen as a problem. It's almost pointless in pvp because of dieing so fast.

3. Same as #2. If you can survive the initial barrage and escape good on you. The 3 sec recharge is fine just hunt them down.

4. Chaos damage is powerful and I that is intended by GGG! I've been working on my swap gear to combat chaos damage. Right now I can achieve positive 40 chaos res which is significant in reducing damage. On the other hand CI granting complete immunity from all chaos damage kinda sucks for some builds like Viper Strike and Poison Arrow. There are tons of suggestions for both of those skills to deal with chaos res mobs and immunity in pvp.

5. I am glad RF was nerfed but I think the nerf was too extreme. I disagree with your suggestion on nerfing traps and mines. If other players could see your traps/mines then it makes the skill useless. If you know you are playing someone who uses them then be more careful and figure out their patterns of laying. Puncture is fine just use a flask. Explosive arrow is also fine. Flicker does need a nerf but I think it should be related to its targeting system. Should require the casting player to actually click on the character and not just auto target them.

6. There are more diverse areas than sarn. Challenge someone to a duel sometime.

7. Absolutely disagree with the block and dodge nerfs. You can use the block reducing gem or nodes if you have a sword. I have never found it to be a problem. You complain about survivability and then want to nerf one of the best modes of survival in pvp. 40/30 dodge/spell dodge is perfectly fine. With crap like flicker multistrike and everything else having less than a 50pct chance to survive more than one second isn't that overpowered.

**Also I think they they had more "Take Reduced Damage from Critical" nodes on the tree it would help a lot in pvp. I think currently there is only one such node on the tree near the marauder.
Last edited by BananaJams on Jul 5, 2014, 12:16:38 AM
most of the things you say are right, but i cant see how you can survive with 4k hp and beat almost all.
if you want to try my ign is in my sign
PvP Team Omniscient

I want to try vs you too with 4k hp
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
I run 5k life and i beat the vast majority of people O.o

-Bored
every person posting in this topic says that he beats almost all other pvpers. there is something wrong here :|
PvP Team Omniscient

"
tempallo wrote:
every person posting in this topic says that he beats almost all other pvpers. there is something wrong here :|

It could mean that there is in fact some balance or that there is some puffery afoot.
Last edited by BananaJams on Jul 6, 2014, 10:53:20 PM
"
BananaJams wrote:
"
tempallo wrote:

It could mean that there is in fact some balance or that there is some puffery afoot.

Should we try a duel?
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info