How to fix high-level PVP

1) Reduce all damage by half. Or even cut it in 3!

PvP lasts way too short now. This removes a lot of strategy. Either you can kill the enemy in 1 sec, or he kills you in 0.9 sec.
Reducing damage drastically makes longer and more interesting fights.

2) Reduce all life regeneration to a quarter of what it is now.

- Life regen is too OP in PvP. Especially if we have longer fights and less damage, people will just outregen enemy damage and fights would last forever. Even at a quarter, life regen is still worth it. Some people regen 1k life per sec. 250 is still enough to make a huge difference.

- Life regen would be on par with life leech and LoH. It's good to have choices, also in PvP.
Maybe the healing flasks should be nerfed a bit too in PvP.

3) Make ES take much longer to recharge.

ES regens after 6 sec, even 3 sec with the reduced cooldown nodes. This is too fast in PvP, where you can too easily run away for a few seconds. Should at least be doubled.

4) New Chaos damage rules in PvP.

Chaos damage is immensly powerfull in PvP, because nobody has the gear to have enough chaos resists. On the other hand chaos is powerless against CI builds. Therefor:

- You don't suffer a chaos resistance penalty in PvP. It starts at zero.
- Because there is no chaos penetration, maximum chaos resistance in PvP is capped at 50%.
- CI characters are no longer immune to chaos, but chaos will not bypass their ES and CI have an innate +25% chaos resistance and +15% maximum chaos resistance.

5) Certain skills nerfed for PvP.

- Righteous Fire is already nerfed: well done GGG!
- Traps and mines: more visible to players.
- Puncture: less bleeding damage, especially the increase when you move.
- Explosive Arrow: only arrows that hit you will explode, not the ones stuck in walls.
- Flicker Strike: A general damage nerf.

6) More diverse areas.

- Some can be small like now, but you should also see bigger ones.
- Wandering monsters/exiles could be cool.
- In fact, special PvP mods could apply to areas, like: inhabited by 1 rogue exile, cannot take any damage first 10 seconds each round, players move faster/slower, players are not shown on minimap,...

7) Fix Block and dodge.

- The gem just becomes mandatory against blockers, that's a shame. Reduce max block in PvP by a modest 10% so you don't necessarily need that gem.
- Dodge is so powerfull in PvP (Phase Acrobatics + cheap Atziri Boots = 46% spelldodge), it can use a modest nerf too. Like: what it was before the buff (20% Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics)

Last edited by Soepkieken on Jun 15, 2014, 3:41:11 PM
This game has PvP? ....Hilarious
IGN: LordAsutarosu
I disagree with making ES longer to recharge, there is no energy shield potions, and life builds have potions to recover life instantly with a single mod, it is essential for es builds to have a decent energy shield recovery speed to survive. Most of the time ES users have a smaller pool than life users that use kaom's, i really dont see the problem with the recovery speed, we spend nodes for it and that's already a drawback.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
When fights take forever theyre no fun either though and i think cutthroat is the best solution in the long term.
I agree on the puncture needing a nerf
IGN: Beardedwizzard
Puncture does for sure NOT need a nerf, and you might ask you why. If you're a good pvper you use your flasks well, try use a remove bleeding one and you're fine. Damn people whining about things that are easily countered
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Last edited by Tommie_Sjukskriven on Jun 24, 2014, 6:03:00 AM
"
Puncture does for sure NOT need a nerf, and you might ask you why. If you're a good pvper you use your flasks good, try use a remove bleeding one and you're fine. Damn people whining about things that are easily countered

[Removed by Support]
IGN: BaiBhai | BhaiBhai | Bhailo

Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Jun 24, 2014, 7:05:18 AM
Off-topic and defamatory posts removed
"
Bhaisabh wrote:
"
Puncture does for sure NOT need a nerf, and you might ask you why. If you're a good pvper you use your flasks good, try use a remove bleeding one and you're fine. Damn people whining about things that are easily countered

[Removed by Support]

Isnt it obvious I meant well, though I was tired when I wrote it..? No need to be rude, my english is shit as it isn't my foreign language [Removed by Support]
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Jun 24, 2014, 7:06:54 AM
Aren't point 1 and 3 kind of contradictory? You complain that PvP is too short as it is, but then complain that it is too long that ES is able to easily regenerate all of their ES.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info