So ambush ends july 5th

Will another league take it's place, and it looks like all the lock boxes will transfer to standard to some extent.
Probably. No reason to believe the pattern will change. I don't think they've promised it though.
they should give us a little information about this. afaik for the sacrifice of the vaal they came up with a counter 1 month before domination ended.
GGG QoL Feature of the Year! SKILLTREE AND FRIENDS SEARCH!
There has usually been about a 2 week gap between when leagues end and new ones begin. I would expect to hear more in the coming weeks.
First time I have played a league outside standard got up to level 72 and got a bit bored, look forward to farming lockboxes on my 88 face puncher in high level maps.

Somethign nice about starting over and not having all the gear to level up fast too.

More info please POE people
More wild speculation. Awesome. Lets hit the stock market before it closes.

PS: Current 4 month leagues end in like 3 weeks, still time to get to lvl 60+.
"
bermuda1 wrote:
Will another league take it's place, and it looks like all the lock boxes will transfer to standard to some extent.

Of course there will be another two 4 month leagues before the end of July. As was already stated by Chris, the strong boxes, one-shot kill boxes, lag/rubberband boxes, etc., and corrupt zones will transfer over to Standard League and be promptly nerfed so as to be ineffective and useless. This is the way of GGG, give us some great new content for a few months and then nerf the hell out of it so we only get the content every blue moon and Friday the 13th month (hey that's tomorrow, so what do we get? most likely nothing). One who does not want their health to deteriorate by playing PoE 10+ hours a day to see the RNG gated super rare content quickly gets the idea that GGG does not want us to play PoE and is silently suggesting "move along, this is not the arpg that you are looking for". It is very sad that GGG is forgoing fame and fortune but as is always true, it's their game and they can make it any way they want to.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
bermuda1 wrote:

Of course there will be another two 4 month leagues before the end of July. As was already stated by Chris, the strong boxes, one-shot kill boxes, lag/rubberband boxes, etc., and corrupt zones will transfer over to Standard League and be promptly nerfed so as to be ineffective and useless. This is the way of GGG, give us some great new content for a few months and then nerf the hell out of it so we only get the content every blue moon and Friday the 13th month (hey that's tomorrow, so what do we get? most likely nothing). One who does not want their health to deteriorate by playing PoE 10+ hours a day to see the RNG gated super rare content quickly gets the idea that GGG does not want us to play PoE and is silently suggesting "move along, this is not the arpg that you are looking for". It is very sad that GGG is forgoing fame and fortune but as is always true, it's their game and they can make it any way they want to.

Great example of "hateful". You should cut/paste it into the thread asking for clarification as to what that means.
If you look at the development-manifesto, Chris has already stated which features will most likely "spill" into the other leagues :-)

Link: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/893015

The short story:

1. Strongboxes will continue to appear, although not as often.

2. There will be some invading monsters, but many of the invasion bosses will become new area-bosses in the areas that currently have none.

Edit: And yes - new leagues will (with almost 100% certainty) be announced as usual.
Last edited by ThunderG0d on Jun 12, 2014, 3:33:40 PM
Hey Bermuda,

I think GGG use these 4 month leagues not only as a fresh start but also as testing for features in standard. What seems to be the plan is the 4 month league hardcore and softcore variants will continue for the future, and at the end of them the features will be refined and placed into the permanent hardcore / softcore leagues. I wish they were a touch longer to be honest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info