Molten Strike Scion

Running both anger and hatred is a viable option with mind drinker and clarity I don't run out of mana.
Saved
Last edited by 60x7 on Jun 16, 2014, 8:24:03 PM
Added a new VIDEO of this build in action while running Hatred and Anger with Clarity. Check it out. Ty.
Saved
The tooltip of molten strike isn't helpful at all as it only shows the damage of the melee component and completly ignores the projectiles.
I would not use melee physical damage instead of weapon elemental damage gem because the former only gets applied to the initial melee hit and NOT to the projectiles. (see the wiki entry for molten strike and lightning strike for the machanics)*. That's also the reason i would spec out of the melee physical damage node and the three resistance nodes at the scion start and take the evasion nodes to connect the tree paths.
Hatred sure gives a nice dps boost but you really might consider running grace instead for a more defensive setup when facing tougher mobs.

Edit: * "physical damage with one handed melee waepons" nodes in the tree do apply though
Last edited by Bada_Bing on Jun 12, 2014, 2:56:28 AM
"
Bada_Bing wrote:
The tooltip of molten strike isn't helpful at all as it only shows the damage of the melee component and completly ignores the projectiles.
I would not use melee physical damage instead of weapon elemental damage gem because the former only gets applied to the initial melee hit and NOT to the projectiles. (see the wiki entry for molten strike and lightning strike for the machanics)*. That's also the reason i would spec out of the melee physical damage node and the three resistance nodes at the scion start and take the evasion nodes to connect the tree paths.
Hatred sure gives a nice dps boost but you really might consider running grace instead for a more defensive setup when facing tougher mobs.

Edit: * "physical damage with one handed melee waepons" nodes in the tree do apply though

Thank you for the suggestion about the evasion node pathing. I actually meant to re-spec that way when it was mentioned previously but forgot. Will rectify today.
Saved
Added a new video of me soloing level 77 shipyard map.
Also added more content to make the guide a little more comprehensive.
Saved
Last edited by 60x7 on Jun 12, 2014, 4:53:04 PM
Added a math breakdown of my DPS.
Saved
RIP snapshot.
Saved
Last edited by 60x7 on Jun 16, 2014, 8:36:30 PM
Added additional footage onto my previous video. It's of me soloing a 78 Palace map. Check it out!
Saved
nice guide mate

if you can add what map mods it can and cant do that would be great

all of the build guides should have a section for maps mods :D

"
ceasar23 wrote:
nice guide mate

if you can add what map mods it can and cant do that would be great

all of the build guides should have a section for maps mods :D

Added a section for map mods. Ty for your suggestion.
Saved

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info