Build of the Week: Season 2 Episode 8

The only thing I can think of now that I can suggest to make these videos better would be to turn on the option to see the life and mana values during the game play. I think it'll add a little bit more information to the experience as well as giving players like me somewhat of a goal to shoot for in terms of life when planning similar builds.

Other than that, I LOVE these videos... Keep up the good work!!!
Video summary: We had very strong build diversity in the top 5 of the Two Week Race, and we are going to take this opportunity to brag about it.

To which I say: Fair enough. :)
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 3, 2014, 3:23:54 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Video summary: We had very strong build diversity in the top 5 of the Two Week Race, and we are going to take this opportunity to brag about it.

But very poor gameplay diversity, on top with builds using only one skill.

Anyway, for me, from those 5 only 2 are somewhat interesting to play, Arc and ele ST ones.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
boring stuff except the animate weapon build
Ohlook, more builds that requires you to no-life the game for several days, spamming Chaos Recipe and converting them into Exalts.. Could GGG please start realizing that this kind of system is fucking boring and not interesting in any way?

Not everybody can no-life the game, get it into your thick skull.

The only interesting build in the showcase was the Animate Weapon build, but I'm pretty sure you're gonna end up nerfing it hard so you're forced to use insane amount of currencies on the gear for the build to make noticeable damage.

Also:
"
POOPHAMMER wrote:
Great to see Etup and Pulp were awarded for builds they copied

Agreed, it's pathetic they are being awarded with a build they've been copy+pasting off the forum, with small changes.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
Last edited by Derpey on Jun 3, 2014, 5:58:57 AM
You guys better copyright your ideas, I guess. :P

Seriously, that was a great BotW.
Wonderful showcase on unconventional builds which worked out end-game.

Animate weapon goes very well with dominating blow. Same auras same passives and similar gameplay concept. I use them both combined (but with less aura emphasis) and 2 dozens animated weapons can kick serious ass after returning to map without minions

The only danger to animated weapons are temple piety and similar minion removers. Spell block helps but that lightning storm and ball hit so fast and strong..

Other builds are cookie cutters. Wonder how many vopies of elesaw and det dead are in top 100. 50% or more? Same with arc. These builds dont require crazy gear.
No lifing became part of BotW?

I know your don't care how certain players acquire their equipment.

Better create 1-2 Week Soloraces with fixed playtime but I know you want the game to become a full time MMORPG....
"
Hilbert wrote:
No lifing became part of BotW?

I know your don't care how certain players acquire their equipment.

Better create 1-2 Week Soloraces with fixed playtime but I know you want the game to become a full time MMORPG....

This has been the case ever since they released BotW with that stupid 6-Linked Lightning Coil, cookie cutting through the game.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
Very interesting builds, thanks for sharing these.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info