Heres some "Feedback"

"
i want a forum symbol that shows someone has reached a certain level at any HC league. so we can know that person is not talking trash.

Really though as a sf player I wish there was a forum symbol for that. I'm sure self founders hold the same esteem for their craft as HC players do.
"thank you" for the "feedback"
"
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
"
i want a forum symbol that shows someone has reached a certain level at any HC league. so we can know that person is not talking trash.

Really though as a sf player I wish there was a forum symbol for that. I'm sure self founders hold the same esteem for their craft as HC players do.

Well, self-found is hard to verify but we do have badges on our account pages -- assuming someone isn't being a tricky-dick and hiding their profile. I've repeatedly asked the devs to look into making those badges something people can attach to their forum 'sidebars', so to speak.

If it came to it, and I simply *had* to have a badge of HC-level-attainment to be taken seriously, I could do it. It'd be boring and I'd be playing something I don't enjoy, but I could do it. Even on the wifi.

I'm thankful that isn't the case.

How about using the achievement system- both SC and HC have the level milestone thingies- I think from starting from the 60's? For 90-s in SC the one is "diminishing returns" and for HC "Eternal". It could be placed directly under the account name just before the supporter titles, with the higher rank replacing the older ones. So max would be two slots for the milestones (SC+HC).
Last edited by Sig556 on May 27, 2014, 2:53:17 AM
"

Can't you tell whether a person is "talking trash" just by reading his post? I mean, if someone with 3 90+ HC chars comes to the forum and goes into a wild unsubstantiated rant about everything and desnyc, does that make whatever he says more viable than if someone with 3 60- standard chars does that?

Or on the other hand, if someone tries to bring forward solid arguments for his point of view, do you have to go and check how many chars in which leagues he has to know whether he is having a point?
Last edited by Jojas on May 27, 2014, 7:12:00 AM
For reference...

Suggestions for non-streaky RNG
back in the day
now

This game is too easy
back in the day
now

Evasion QQ
back in the day
now

SFL
back in the day
now

My conclusions are as follows:
1. There is a fairly large nostalgia goggles factor at play here. It's not like the community was some utopia back in the day. There were dumb people back then too, but for some reason we didn't notice them as much.
2. Misconceptions from old persist to be misconceptions in the current day.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
For reference...

back in the day
now

This game is too easy
back in the day
now

Evasion QQ
back in the day
now

SFL
back in the day
now

1. There is a fairly large nostalgia goggles factor at play here. It's not like the community was some utopia back in the day. There were dumb people back then too, but for some reason we didn't notice them as much.

My ears were ringing, trying to find out where its coming from.

That post wouldn't have happened if I didn't know people that just left the game instead of posting how it became easier. After posting that thread I can see why most didn't.

The game used to be difficult, then I overcame the knowledge/learning curve part of it, which most lies in noob unfriendly things such as vendor recipes and item values.

Once you overcome that and realize the risk/reward is so skewed that least risk has the best reward ratio, it feels really easy. In ladder terms, there is no reason to put more risk in front of you when you know what the competition is doing.

Me posting a compilation of things from multiple players, some of which I didn't think were bad, I hardly feel as if I was "dumb".
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
For reference...

back in the day
now

This game is too easy
back in the day
now

Evasion QQ
back in the day
now

SFL
back in the day
now

My ears were ringing, trying to find out where its coming from.

That post wouldn't have happened if I didn't know people that just left the game instead of posting how it became easier. After posting that thread I can see why most didn't.

The game used to be difficult, then I overcame the knowledge/learning curve part of it, which most lies in noob unfriendly things such as vendor recipes and item values.

Once you overcome that and realize the risk/reward is so skewed that least risk has the best reward ratio, it feels really easy. In ladder terms, there is no reason to put more risk in front of you when you know what the competition is doing.

Me posting a compilation of things from multiple players, some of which I didn't think were bad, I hardly feel as if I was "dumb".

My OP wasn't directed at you or anyone like you. It was in response to certain threads where people just blatantly attack the community and the decent people in it, of which I consider you to be one, simply because they have nothing better to do with their time...they don't even play the game anymore, they simply exist here, on the forums. My post was attempting to point out that there are no consequences for these people, but as it has also been pointing out, there can be no consequences for them since they can just create new accounts.

I do not like how GGG allows, whether or not it is beyond their control, their loyal playerbase (regardless of how anyone feels about the game) to be trampled by such human trash.

It's been said that there should be a retail price on PoE, even a small one. I've always agreed.

You'll also note that until posting this, the OP was my last post on this forum.
achievements are broken

you die in HC, achievement get transferred into SC one
as if anyone cares

:-(
"
Psyborg wrote:
It was in response to certain threads where people just blatantly attack the community and the decent people in it, of which I consider you to be one, simply because they have nothing better to do with their time...

Wait, am I decent or an attacker?

Because I play the game everyday. ;)

Even though I may be harsh to some, it normally has a fire behind it that may or may not be seen.

"
Psyborg wrote:
I do not like how GGG allows, whether or not it is beyond their control, their loyal playerbase (regardless of how anyone feels about the game) to be trampled by such human trash.

I agree to a point, I mean you can point out the obvious trolls, its easier to just ignore them. You can normally tell who they are just post something about any of PoE's flaws and you will have them all in that thread like a roach motel. Like the issues aren't known already... There is also a mod you can do to your browser so you don't see their posts anymore, which is REALLY helpful. That tinker guy was like the mascot, just disagreeing with everything to start shit.

"
Psyborg wrote:
It's been said that there should be a retail price on PoE, even a small one. I've always agreed.

I agree, but they are too far down the f2p rabbit hole to go back on it now. It sucks, it really does, but changing it only hurts GGG's reputation not just within our community, but in the gaming world in general.

"
Psyborg wrote:

You'll also note that until posting this, the OP was my last post on this forum.

Well, I hope you are still playing. The game is good. Maybe one day they can steal the karma thing from Reddit and we can go back to having actual discussions in the forum.

I wish people where more objective when posting in sections like "gameplay discussion" and "feedback".

That is all.

It's really hard to discuss with people that have there own character in mind and don't care about overall balance at all, but just want to voice there opinion to "save" there own build '-.-

Hmm and your problem is extremely hard to fix OP, like mentioned before, the system allows the creation of free-of-charge accounts.

And like clive mentioned, putting a "lvl cap" in place would hurt the wrong part of the community, now if we had a tutorial of some kind....then maybe this could be opted for.

I see no reason to not put a lvl cap on the forums entrance, if new players are provided with a detailed tutorial or knowledge data-base.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info