The Three Dragons Fireball'er!

Idea: With the Fire can now Shock property and the 6% base crit chance on fireball this was a prime candidate. With spells being able to "shotgun" a GMP fireball if it crits can triple shock stack in 1 hit and with the use of Vaal Fireball we can guaranteed 1shot almost all bosses anytime it crits.
With the use of max level AA we can also mitigate all of the DMG from reflect plus the added overall defense this provides!

The Endgame Build:

Current Gear:

Bandits:

Normal: Oak (+40 HP)
Cruel: Kill All (Skill Point ( Starting as witch grants us the option of getting the 4% cast speed node if we want to ! ))
Merc: Alira (power charge)

Gear:
(P) = Priority

Three Dragons (Mandatory)
Gives us the ability to shock with fire!

Infernal Mantle (Mandatory)
100% Crit +1 Fire skills and 25% convertion to Chaos (less reflect and more diverse DMG)

Weapon: (If you have a huge bank Void Battery)
Spell DMG (P)
Crit Chance (P)
Cast Speed (P)
Mana Regen
Crit DMG

Shield:
Max Life (P)
Crit Chance (P)
Spell DMG (P)
Energy Shield (P)
Resist

Amulet:
Max Life (P)
Mana Regen (P)
Crit DMG
Spell DMG
Cast Speed
Resist

Rings:
Max Life (P)
Mana Regen (P)
Resist

Boots:
Movespeed (P)
Max Life (P)

Gloves:
Max Life (P)
Resist

Belt:
Max Life (P)
Reduced Flask Charges (P)
Resist
Armour

Links:

1.Fireball - 2.GMP - 3.Fire Pen - 4.PCoC/Crit DMG - 5.Chain - 6.Ele Proliff/Crit Dmg/PCoC

More to come!
twitch.tv/nugiyen (Live almost everyday from 15.00 +1 GMT)
follow @nugiyen on twitter
www.youtube.com/nugiyen
Last edited by nugiyen on May 22, 2014, 10:00:12 AM
RIP man :(
Maybe other players will continue to upgrade this build :)
Hi, I dig the build. I think you should craft something I've been tinkering with, a coc-vaal 3 dragons, with double strike, faster attacks, multi, and arc or summon skellies in it. Then 6L st + coc chest, and arc totem.

Sorry 'bout the reep.
I actually created pretty much an identical build to this a couple days after 3D mask came out. Major difference was I used FB+GMP/LMP+ele proliff + qual *PIERCE* + either critchance/dmg/fire pen in the last few slots.

Key here is when you fire a volley into a pack, and say the first couple in front get crit, due to ele proliff the monsters directly behind are primed with a shock which causes the piercing fireballs to do crazy damage due to the extra shocks. No Less multi from the chain gem either.

Just a cool little idea I thought I might share in case you decided to revisit this build.
Last edited by Imp1830 on May 22, 2014, 8:21:19 PM
Don't you lose most of your damage when you chain or pierce with fireball?
"
MartinDeShade wrote:

chain yes but pierce no, although that doesn't take into account opportunity cost. and also both are near useless for single target boss, at least pierce doesn't affect the dmg then.
sorry to say, but it was a shit build. consider yourself lucky to die, because you can start over
See my stats: http://poestatistics.com/users/wiraqucha/
Seems not updated for whatever reason: http://exilestats.com/account.php?id=265406
Discontinued profile: http://exilestats.com/account.php?id=40468
"
MartinDeShade wrote:

Yes. You do 50% Less damage instead of 69% more damage if using concentrated effect instead.
I can only guess the reason for this is to protect against reflect (and maybe because it is a bit bothersome that fireballs don't go past the first row of monsters in bigger groups). If the damage is gimped enough, AA can do the job of absorbing a high enough amount of damage (percentage wise). Getting a reflect on a dps maxed fireball (CE instead of chain) while critting on the other hand will just roll over the AA mitigation (-189 damage ain't that much) and insta gib you.
It would be nice if nugiyen could explain the reasons for using this gem setup as he is a very very experienced player that doesn't just throw out a build without having thought through all the details.
"
Bada_Bing wrote:
"
MartinDeShade wrote:

Yes. You do 50% Less damage instead of 69% more damage if using concentrated effect instead.
I can only guess the reason for this is to protect against reflect (and maybe because it is a bit bothersome that fireballs don't go past the first row of monsters in bigger groups). If the damage is gimped enough, AA can do the job of absorbing a high enough amount of damage (percentage wise). Getting a reflect on a dps maxed fireball (CE instead of chain) while critting on the other hand will just roll over the AA mitigation (-189 damage ain't that much) and insta gib you.
It would be nice if nugiyen could explain the reasons for using this gem setup as he is a very very experienced player that doesn't just throw out a build without having thought through all the details.

My best guess is that the fact that he doesn't rely on fireball for bosses means that Conc effect is a little bit of overkill. Chain gmp fireballs still have enough damage to kill any mobs but bosses no problem, and he can rely on vaal fireball for the boss kill
IGN: Dr_Victor_Fries
The idea behind current build is flawed. 3Dragons is not doing anything for you, your first shot takes off half HP and your 2nd shot finishes them off, whether you have 3 dragons or not. The only time you'll see some sort of a difference is during boss fights where shock actually has a chance to stack.

The tree is pretty bad. You take EB without MoM, or even IF? What do you need so much mana for? No Static blows? Random pts wasted in the shadow area - instead of connecting through Blaze you're taking random int/str nodes.

Links are pretty bad too. Sure, you'll clean up trash at an ok rate, but resist fire mobs and rares will take years.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info