ReverendBizzarre: ele cleave templar [6k life, 45k+ dps]

"
Slagmaur wrote:
I'm taking some other passives in the future so the decision to be made is after 80
or maybe later.I'll see then.

With all the skills being rebalanced I'm waiting to see what changes are to be made
with cleave,since it now has 40% reduced physical damage and not overall while dual wielding.

Cleave is not going to get nerfed, so you can rely on it in the future
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Im having a little trouble soloing some maps. Im level 72 but i only have 2.5k hp and my armour is decent its around 3-4k. My cleave does around 7.5k.
A little more information would be good, perhaps a link of your gear, and a description of what in particular is giving you trouble.

Obviously 2.5k HP is on the low side, so getting that up is an obvious fix.

Low HP can be at least partially compensated for by cursing enfeeble, and spamming granite flasks.
"
Henrax wrote:
Im having a little trouble soloing some maps. Im level 72 but i only have 2.5k hp and my armour is decent its around 3-4k. My cleave does around 7.5k.

Sacrifice some damage for defense. FYI I'm sitting at 3.6K HP (with Grace BM'ed and Reduced), around 7K armor with max resists and I still die occasionally due to massive burst damage.

I still steamroll 68 maps with 7k damage and I'm currently working to get a steady pool of 69 maps. Notice how my gear is by and large pretty bad.
Last edited by elitedesolator on May 6, 2013, 2:01:11 AM
You got way better gear than my witch has and she has 3.2k hp right now.
You probably haven't taken all the life nodes along the way.
To crit or not to crit ?
"
Slagmaur wrote:
You got way better gear than my witch has and she has 3.2k hp right now.
You probably haven't taken all the life nodes along the way.

I've missed about 5-6 life nodes along the way cause I wanted to prioritize damage.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswVbDH0OrRB_FE0UdRUgGS4ZtBo4HRQn7SmlKk0s6TKJNuk64TwFPC0_J0bXSn1QUFRJVcZW-lfiWGNZ818_Y6dmnmegZ71qk2z2bqpyqXRBd-V6uHzZgziHdojxi4yMz49GkFWboZ_fogCmV6cIp4Ssqq6Ttz64k7ndvqfAD8AaxPbGnsauxtjK089l0NDSTdSP1e3dDd1G4XPjaudS52PsOO0g7m_vDu988B_yL_JF8932SPrS_E78xf4K

I've also taken the Marauder nodes instead of the more varied ones highlighted in the guide.

My HP before Grace is 4k.
Last edited by elitedesolator on May 6, 2013, 6:46:50 AM
My mistake.Should have quoted Henrax's post. :)

Reached 9k dps with Conce and 11k dps with multistrike.
Due to crappy pc I'm just doing city of sarn runs (yeap can't do docks runs cause of
pc being ancient) and probably will go for increased area of effect support.
The other pc which was way better has no graphic card :(
Dps is way too low compared to other support gems but white mobs can't touch you
and since my armor as a witch is less than 1k it is easier to kill mobs.
To crit or not to crit ?
Last edited by Slagmaur on May 6, 2013, 8:13:42 AM
I don't get it, as a witch you presumably have EB, so you can run arctic armor. If you're running arctic armor, what could possibly be dangerous on docks? I guess the archers do a little damage, but so does the stuff in city of sarn.

Also with the kind of DPS numbers you're talking about, for farming outside of maps there can be absolutely no dispute that increased AoE is better. Stuff just doesn't have enough health outside of maps for conc to even be close to needed, you'll clear zones faster with increased AoE simply because you can hit more stuff at once.

Right now I'm at ~9k dps with increased AoE and ~15k dps with conc, and with a bit of trial and error I've found that increased AoE lets me clear 66-69 maps faster than conc does. 70+ maps the monsters have enough health that conc ends up being the better choice. Monster types and pack size modifiers tweak this a bit, obviously. Fewer stronger monsters favor conc, big packs of weaker monsters favor inc AoE.

Obviously with different DPS numbers (and potentially play styles) the cutoff can shift around a bit, but clearly if you're in the 10k range and only farming merciless (level 62ish stuff) you should absolutely be using increased AoE.

Group makeup also effects my choice. If I'm in a particularly spammy group I'll use increased AoE no matter what level the map is, just so I have a better chance of hitting stuff in all the spam.
Last edited by magicrectangle on May 6, 2013, 8:31:45 AM
I was playing in a better pc than this.This can't afford docks runs.
I get crashes in docks,while in city of sarn I get some 1 second lags that don't affect me.
I run arctic armour,I also have a +7 quality,and it's great.Now I'm just farming
city with increased IIQ/IIR until I fix the other pc.

I was trying to say the same thing as you.Increased area is better to clear things faster
and way more safe for witches due to their lack of armor.
To crit or not to crit ?
This is my gear

and heres my skill tree http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswVbDq0UTRR1FSAWbxmFGbQaOB0UJKon7SmlKk0s6TKJM5Y26TrYOuE8BTwtPydG10p9TdhVxlb6V-JZ81-qY6dmnmegZ71qk2z2bqpyqXPhdEF35Xq4fNmC5IM4g9uHdojxiq-LjIx2j0aQEZBVm6Gf36IAplenhKyqrpO3PsAPwBrEFcT2xq7K089l0NDV7d0N3Ubhc-Nq52PsOO0g7m_vfPAf8kXz3feI-tL8TvzF_go=
Last edited by Henrax on May 6, 2013, 11:07:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info