ReverendBizzarre: ele cleave templar [6k life, 45k+ dps]

So I have been playing a ele cleave marauder a good bit and ive got it up to 33 in 2 days. It is really fun and easy. Not very many problems so far, besides a little gear dependent for dex. My idea is to grab Elemental Equilibrium. You deal Fire, Cold, and lightning damage with your cleave. So my basic theory craft here is that since every resist gets boosted by 25% on the enemy but then every resist would go down 50%. So in theory every mob hit loses 25% resist to all 3 elements(4 if somehow have chaos). Is this theory wrong or right. I thought maybe for it to be wrong it would have to cancel itself out and only apply -50% to only 1 element like say it deals fire, then cold, then lightning. So say it gets +25% fire and then -50% cold and lightning. Either way your dealing far more damage with each hit. Is this worth trying or is my theory complete crap?
"
tarnschaf wrote:
so i just wanted to give a quick heads up.
so far everything is easy and i mostly 1 shot whites.
found a pair of swords wich i use now but i needed to take some dex on gloves...
i fear i will be running in some dex requirement problems sooner or later :§
cant wear most of the swords as they require too much dex, any solutions ?
ah and i cant sustain both auras :§ ( wrath and anger ) which is a shame.

sitting on 134 dps with cleave and 620 hp @ lvl 22

cheers

edit: next lvl solved the aura problem and i got a 30 dex amulett ... which you can buy at vendor *cough

I am new post here but I run this build at 67 I run 5 auras and have no dex problems what so ever. My only prob is Chaos resist and I need to find some fire resist stuff. Not much because my purity will be running but still I need some more. Not sure if its the cold damage on my sword or Hatred, but the slight freeze on groups of mobs is really nice!
Why do you use Hatred? Your physical damage is marginal. The 40 % reserved Mana would be better spent with another Aura.
"
Blufoxdemon wrote:
So I have been playing a ele cleave marauder a good bit and ive got it up to 33 in 2 days. It is really fun and easy. Not very many problems so far, besides a little gear dependent for dex. My idea is to grab Elemental Equilibrium. You deal Fire, Cold, and lightning damage with your cleave. So my basic theory craft here is that since every resist gets boosted by 25% on the enemy but then every resist would go down 50%. So in theory every mob hit loses 25% resist to all 3 elements(4 if somehow have chaos). Is this theory wrong or right. I thought maybe for it to be wrong it would have to cancel itself out and only apply -50% to only 1 element like say it deals fire, then cold, then lightning. So say it gets +25% fire and then -50% cold and lightning. Either way your dealing far more damage with each hit. Is this worth trying or is my theory complete crap?

this would be nice!i searched the forums but only found information on the old 25%/25% passiv, but all postes state that its intended to give no bonuses at all if hitting with 3 elements at the same time.
if you find something let me pls know

http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Elemental_Equilibrium

states the same

cheers
Last edited by tarnschaf on Feb 21, 2013, 2:47:01 AM
doing practically the same thing , excepts use a totem to PROC ELE equil then charge in and destroy face :P its heaps of fun so far
The wiki post seems to indicate that Elemental Equilibrium has no impact on this build, and my experience with it in maps would seem to indicate the same.

EDIT: Does anyone know if the 30% from Inner Focus will take the Max Resist on level 17-19 Purity from 3% to 4%? It'd be an effective spell damage reduction of like 6%, which would be pretty sick. Starting to eyeball those nodes pretty hard. It'd be a trade of like 500 health for around 800 DPS, 400 armor, and the resists.
Last edited by Fraya on Feb 21, 2013, 4:42:35 AM
"
Fraya wrote:
The wiki post seems to indicate that Elemental Equilibrium has no impact on this build, and my experience with it in maps would seem to indicate the same.

EDIT: Does anyone know if the 30% from Inner Focus will take the Max Resist on level 17-19 Purity from 3% to 4%? It'd be an effective spell damage reduction of like 6%, which would be pretty sick. Starting to eyeball those nodes pretty hard. It'd be a trade of like 500 health for around 800 DPS, 400 armor, and the resists.

I am taking those updated the build 120 point skill tree at last!
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
How much physical damage would it take to make item based mana leech work?

Seems like a wasted gem with so many other juicy options.
Last edited by TheAmaranthine on Feb 21, 2013, 6:07:54 AM
@Fraya: I strongly suggest Inner Force. It's an amazing passive. My Purity isn't that high yet, so I can't tell you with certainty, but I assume it raises the max resist as well.
"
How much physical damage would it take to make item based mana leech work?

Seems like a wasted gem with so many other juicy options.

Too much. Cleave + Physical Damage = Bad. My Physcleave Duelist did about half the damage of this character, at a similar gear point. The 40% reduction is what smashes it, not to mention the naturally low state of Physical damage on gear. You'd be better off aiming for %Mana Regen and some Max Mana to make it work. I'm giving some serious consideration to it as well right now.

My cleave only eats up just under 50mp/s, so with another say 100% Mana Regen and ~150 Mana from gear, I could totally swap out that Mana Leech gem into something manlier.

"
@Fraya: I strongly suggest Inner Force. It's an amazing passive. My Purity isn't that high yet, so I can't tell you with certainty, but I assume it raises the max resist as well.

I really see the damage value, but I'm still trying to get ahead of the burst point for several mobs + map conditions. I'm not sure I can eat the health drop. Every 8% node I lose works out to be almost exactly 100 health, and certain mob + map combos are just too dangerous. It's more convenient for me right now to be able to take bigger risks, than it is for me to be able to clear low-risk situations faster.

EDIT: Also giving serious consideration to running a pair of Windscream for double curses. I don't have Elemental Weakness right now, and it'd be a massive DPS boost to run it. Then again though, SQUEESHEEEE.
Last edited by Fraya on Feb 21, 2013, 8:09:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info