ReverendBizzarre: ele cleave templar [6k life, 45k+ dps]

I had a 5 Link with conc effect since lvl 42 and just tried now, to switch conc effect with Life Leech. And I have to agree with Fraya, the Life Leech is much more befeficial on a 5 Link than the conc effect and I lost over 3k dps due to the switch, but I felt so much safer in maps.

Therefore, thanks to you Fraya for suggestion that. Conc Effect is on break, till 6 Link.
"
MethodSZ wrote:
"
Use elemental weakness OR conductivity since the bulk of the damage is lightning, start and continue to use the curse you get your hands on first.

What am I missing? I don't see where this is a primary lightning dps build? You have weapons with elemental damage but they are fire and lightning -- why is lightning the primary dps?

Edit: i guess the goal is to get all rings and amulets that also have +lightning damage. So the lightning damage is strictly from gear not gems

The Goal is, to stack Shock as fast as possible which will increases your overall damage more than anything else.
"
VictorDoom wrote:
"
Angelolz wrote:
Im an EB cleaver myself, increased aoe all the way!

Was curious about how EB would work with this build, could you sustain a 6linked cleave without the mana leech gem? as in just by mana regeneration?

I ask this because i intend on doing a elemental crit-staff templar next, after i find a proper staff, with which i'm planning to use EB and im thinking it would be nice to not have to use a mana leech gem.

Atm i have like 65 mana a second and its not enough if i use all my auras, if i drop grace though i end up having about 340 mana free and can pretty much keep going with breaks between packs, but if i just hold my cleave the mana will run low eventually. But keep in mind my gear atm is pretty good, but its mostly good elemental ranger gear with exception of the chest, which only rolled mediocre. I imagine with a 200+ es circlet with some mana or rerolling my chest to have about 300 es my max mana and regen would go up alot which would probably be enough. But the cost of cleave would go up again when replacing mana leech with added lightning damage/penetration so its hard to say untill i get 1 piece that has high es and actually try it out.

So the short answer atm is i cannot sustain myself indefinitely but thats most likely due to the lack of 1 good proper high es piece. If you have about 200 mana left it is still good enough to clear everything though, just on very tough champions you might have to run away for 5seconds to regen back to full.
ign:SerCleavy
"
Angelolz wrote:

Atm i have like 65 mana a second and its not enough if i use all my auras, if i drop grace though i end up having about 340 mana free and can pretty much keep going with breaks between packs, but if i just hold my cleave the mana will run low eventually. But keep in mind my gear atm is pretty good, but its mostly good elemental ranger gear with exception of the chest, which only rolled mediocre. I imagine with a 200+ es circlet with some mana or rerolling my chest to have about 300 es my max mana and regen would go up alot which would probably be enough. But the cost of cleave would go up again when replacing mana leech with added lightning damage/penetration so its hard to say untill i get 1 piece that has high es and actually try it out.

So the short answer atm is i cannot sustain myself indefinitely but thats most likely due to the lack of 1 good proper high es piece. If you have about 200 mana left it is still good enough to clear everything though, just on very tough champions you might have to run away for 5seconds to regen back to full.

Alright thanks man, when you manage to get it going without mana leech can you post your gear, mana cost on cleave and regen? it would help me figure out around how much es i would need on gear and stuff for the critstaff build. I want to prepare from kinda now until then, i intend on respeccing there when im around level 92 and i find a good staff+many regret orbs of course.

been theory crafting that build for a while now, seems like should work quite well, im going to keep playing this one till 92+ and only respec after i find some insane elemental staff.

Quite happy this build is working out for everyone and especially with so many variations of it! :)
Seems i have hit the nail on the head as it were with this life cleave build, quite happy with it
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Feb 18, 2013, 11:14:09 AM
My Version of this build:

I invested heavily in the Maurader Tree for lots of resists. I don't want to go near Iron Reflexes. I like the combination of Evasion and Armour I have quite well. Next Steps will be the Weapon Elemental nodes in the middle, and then I don't know yet. Maybe I go back to the Witch Tree and get the increased AoE. I had it already, but sacrificed it for more HP nodes and so far, I don't really miss the additional AoE.

Well, have to see.
"
"
MethodSZ wrote:
"
Use elemental weakness OR conductivity since the bulk of the damage is lightning, start and continue to use the curse you get your hands on first.

What am I missing? I don't see where this is a primary lightning dps build? You have weapons with elemental damage but they are fire and lightning -- why is lightning the primary dps?

Edit: i guess the goal is to get all rings and amulets that also have +lightning damage. So the lightning damage is strictly from gear not gems

The Goal is, to stack Shock as fast as possible which will increases your overall damage more than anything else.

Would lighting walker be a good investment then? it is only 2 points off the normal build since he is going for blast radius anyway. Adds 18% lightning damage which i understand is the most damage from this build

"
Angelolz wrote:
Atm i have like 65 mana a second and its not enough if i use all my auras,

Are you using discipline? Inner force? 65/s is really low
Last edited by samuraiduel on Feb 18, 2013, 1:05:59 PM
Im using discipline, but with grace, anger, wrath, haste and determination i dont have enough mana left currently to use clarity.

The main reason i personally started using mana leech is because of the 50% less regen maps.

But yeah i will need a good high es piece and id be able to use clarity as well.

Just tried clarity with that my regen is 109. Which seems to be enough to sustain cleave 27 mana cost at 3.70 attacks per second. Gonna try to get a quick right colour 5 link to test added lightning with it and ill let you guys know

31 mana cleave is doable with 3.70 attacks per second with 109 regen/sec, i get the my mana is spent very rarely. Its also worth noting i have no % mana regen on my gear at all. I imagine with about 120/130 a second at 3.70 speed with 31 mana cleave you will no longer need mana leech gem. But i run 50% less regen maps alot so i think ill stick with it for now.

My max mana atm is only 1672 though, with 2k it should be alright to run clarity too on top of the normal stuff. Which should also bump the regen up high enough to sustain without mana leech.
ign:SerCleavy
Last edited by Angelolz on Feb 18, 2013, 2:07:13 PM
Hey Victor just a quick question, wouldn't Level 5 Cleave be better than level 1 cleave since it's the same mana and have 12% more damage?;o
edit:
Ahh nevermind! You answered it already, but i guess it still wouldnt matter in terms of mana costs if i had a level 5 cleave right?
S>12% Quality level 1 Double Strke
Last edited by skaso on Feb 18, 2013, 9:21:25 PM
nvm i answered my own question

Last edited by predatortt on Feb 18, 2013, 10:22:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info