[How To] Ambush Strongbox Farming

"
@kasub: I find rolling Quality is pretty much always worth it

Can take 100s of alterations(Even then can get sub 10 quality which is trash). Do you actually succeed in getting it on every box you see?
"
kasub wrote:
"
@kasub: I find rolling Quality is pretty much always worth it

Can take 100s of alterations(Even then can get sub 10 quality which is trash). Do you actually succeed in getting it on every box you see?

So far i've rolled all Gemcutters to this (except one where i needed Exp for the Acievement) and got all of them in about 50 on average. Might just be good RNG tho.

I Also have a Question to any Mod who might read this: When I try adding some BBCode and then submit it a huge part of the Post is just cut of (note: the preview looked just fine)
Any suggestions on how to fix this because otherwise I can't add anything :/
Last edited by Homados on May 13, 2014, 3:48:42 PM
I agree with most of what is written here, it's pretty common knowledge for most that have been rolling boxes for awhile.

Maybe add in more content on higher currency...as in when to use a scouring, vaal orb, regal, chaos, exalt (if ever).

I'll personally chaos bomb a yellow cartographer box if i'm the map maker on a 78 map because i don't even need to roll +chest level and the return on investment is always higher when you get the right rolls.

I would like to add that rolling, gems contain xp and support only gems on Gemcutter's Box can give you leveled Empower and the really hard to level/expensive gems, I just got a lvl 3 empower yesterday.
I don't mind the artisan box at all.

With added quantity I usually always get at least one cartographer's chisel and with the massive increase in scraps and whetstones using the alchemy orb recipe is way more feasible.
If your going to farm, theres no reason to farm a low level area like sarn. Might as well do it at scepter of god or library/archives. Your yields will include better gear.
Also, your personal iir/iiq does not affect strongboxes. It would still be nice to have though as the mobs will drop extra shit.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Last edited by SkyCore on May 13, 2014, 6:06:25 PM
So just woke up after a good night's sleep and will now start to add some of the suggestions (it will probably require more than one cup of tea to mess with this thing again though). I am going to restructure the whole thing a little bit to become more of a general Strongbox guide, not focusing in particular on City of Sarn.
@SkyCore: You are completely right with the IIR/IIQ but I also just have it for the loot, I will clear that up :)
I know people have mixed feelings on this, but i'm also a fan of getting "mirrored" on cartographer boxes sometimes. This i've found is especially useful when leveling is more important to you then loot or when your map pool dwindles down and you need to restock it quickly, easily and at no currency costs because obviously you can't roll mirrored maps.

I can't tell you exactly how many maps i've found running plain white mirrored maps, but it's been a lot and my map pool hasn't dwindled down at all since the start of this league.

The maps are very easy to run solo or in groups since they have no rolls on them and are especially useful for squishy builds or builds that struggle with a lot of map rolls. (I got my RF build to 91 quickly at the start of the league using this method).

Last edited by ABM_HeLLsBeLLs on May 14, 2014, 4:46:14 AM
An interesting strategy is to use vaal orbs on armourer's strongboxes that give mirrored items.
AFAIK the chance of a corrupted item being 6L is a lot higher than a non-corrupted one.
Since Vaal orbs on white items can make them rares with 6 mods and 6L you can get two 6L 6 mod rare chests that will be worth at least 1 or 2 exalts each (worst case scenario they have bad mods but any mod is better than no mods on Tabula Rasa)
Fantastic guide
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info