[1.3.0] 90% cold Glacial Hammer Duelist - with videos!

I use Vaal Summon Skeletons, though I'm sure Vaal Spark would also be pretty brutal with all that increased elemental damage from the Doryani's.

I did some calculations a few posts back and, with Herald of Ice on my character as he is right now, a level 20 gem adds around 10% damage to the AOE link. It's not a huge boost, especially if you need the mana reservation for something more important like Purity of Elements. If you can afford the reservation though it's of course worth it.

Leap slam + curse on hit sounds like a great plan. I personally never liked LS due to how it tends to desync me, but I can see it working well as a curse delivery platform.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Hi Gilrad,

I picked your build idea and reworked it to a different build, but I'd still like your feedback!
Freezing Kongor's

Idea:
High evasion + dodge perma freeze 2-hander. With the gear pieces I had in my stash + Grace I easily reached 16k EV. Kongor's can reach as much as 400+ pdps which is very decent IMO. Links: Glacial Hammer + Melee Splash + Elemental Proliferation + Q20 Multistrike + Q20 Melee Physical + Blood Magic (or Mana Leech). Auras: Grace + Hatred + Herald of Ice (if using BM). Curse: Frostbite linked with CwDT. Gear: all evasion (6L from Kongor's) + Doryani's Invitation + Hrimsorrow. Jewelry: flat pdmg + % WED + life and resistances. 222% incr. pdmg from nodes + some attack speed and WED. Damage won't be crazy, around 20k I guess. With the right gear I'd get around 20k EV. 174% life should translate into ~5,000 life around level 90.
Watcha think?
Last edited by Dzwonsson on Sep 7, 2014, 6:54:23 AM
Looks pretty good, but I'm curious. Any particular reason why you're going with Kongor's?
"
gilrad wrote:
Looks pretty good, but I'm curious. Any particular reason why you're going with Kongor's?
It's cheap, gives you Resolute Technique and some all ele res.
Well it looks like a good stepping stone point until you can pick up enough accuracy on gear to go Doryani's plus crit.

In fact, it's also kind of nice because it doesn't force you to hang around the left side of the tree to pick up RT and then drop it later, so you can make more of a Deulist/Ranger/Shadow, than a Duelist/Marauder/Templar tree if you like.

I'll add it to the OP.
Can you update the tree for 1.3? Please!
Updated for 1.3! Sorry for the delay!
Hands down best glacial build. Still waiting for that 1v1 though :-)
Hey Guys! Been building a duelist with glacial hammer but I thought id give the right side of the tree a fair shot. Here is a 105 point tree, the only thing I am really questioning is if even going for block chance is truly worth it and if so, I will have to lose some crit chance for it.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks Guys!
Hello,
just wondering if this build still gets any updates? (I can't open any of it's skill trees..they out of date?)

edit: NVM :)
Last edited by tomazzin on Feb 5, 2015, 11:01:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info