[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

Hello my friend,

My Fire Res 93% can use RighteousFire, but When i use BR my life is still going down.

my life reg have 8.3% same your build.
Maintaining RF 1.2 patch is such a huge investment in passive. Are you guys sure wouldn't get more dps by just investing those points in spell damage/aoe nodes instead?
Last edited by Krayken on Sep 2, 2014, 8:51:31 PM
Since EVERYONE hates playing with discharges could I just use this tree with 2 arc - iron will Mjolnir? I imagine it would be ideal.
"
Relytz wrote:
Since EVERYONE hates playing with discharges could I just use this tree with 2 arc - iron will Mjolnir? I imagine it would be ideal.

Sure, why not? It's less damage and you wouldn't need the charges, so you could entirely remove Romira's Banquet and Voll's Devotion and replace them with more appropriate items.
IGN: Pirteloli
"
Relytz wrote:

Indeed, that's certainly an option and you could instead wear something like an Astramentis amulet to give yourself a potential +116 to all of your base stats. That would very much cut down on the nodes you'd need for requirements to wear Mjolner and you can put those points into something else for more damage, survivability, etc, etc.
Hey Tom94 I just wanted to thank you for the build, really loving it!
And also wanted to thank goat4dinner, since he helped me in his stream.

Currently level 89 running RF but can't handle the BR yet.
I think it's because I am a too low level? Or need to replace boots for higher ES.

And my ES regen seems slow.

CURRENT GEAR
Spoiler

CURRENT TREE

DEFENCE
Spoiler
Last edited by TJEmvp on Sep 3, 2014, 11:37:51 AM
Hey Tom, played your life "budget" Version in standard, now I see you redid the tree but there is no life version anymore.

Are you planning on adding one later, or should I just go with Krayken MoM version?
"
Tanakeah wrote:
"
Relytz wrote:

Indeed, that's certainly an option and you could instead wear something like an Astramentis amulet to give yourself a potential +116 to all of your base stats. That would very much cut down on the nodes you'd need for requirements to wear Mjolner and you can put those points into something else for more damage, survivability, etc, etc.

Yes, or just keep tree as it is to be as flexible as possible: playing discharge+arc when soloing, and double arc when in party.

So you'd just need another amulet for parties, aiming str/int/spell dmg in priority. You also could aim for a corrupted amulet with "+1% of lightning damage leeched as life"... up to you ;)

Edit1
Ideally, i would aim for those stats:
- implicit: +1% of lightning damage leeched as life
- prefixes: %ES / ES / SD
- suffixes: 2 stats between str, int and all attr / %light dmg
► Shop ◄ Mirror service • Gear • Maps • Gems • Legacy ■ thread/545555
Last edited by Funsy on Sep 3, 2014, 11:21:09 AM
"
Krayken wrote:
Maintaining RF 1.2 patch is such a huge investment in passive. Are you guys sure wouldn't get more dps by just investing those points in spell damage/aoe nodes instead?

This is the approach I took, since I didn't want to deal with the hassle of Blood Magic. If my math (below) is correct, then it's actually very close. If using the life leech gem, it's almost identical. Righteous Fire gets a slight advantage (about 22% more damage) if using Iron Will, though you don't have the benefit of a high ES shield for defense.

Tree @ level 92
Gear

I have an additional 99% spell/lightning damage from the tree (along with +2% lightning penetration) and an additional 62% spell damage from my shield compared to if you were trying for RF.

Math:
RF ("Official" build)
100% base spell dmg
+25% dmg from belt
+15% from quality on RF
+10% from Shavs
(+88% dmg from Iron Will)
* 1.3 Pain Attument
* (1.59*1.26) Righteous Fire [I assume that Inner Force/etc act multiplicatively here]
=~390% increased spell damage
=(~619% increased spell dmg w/Iron Will)

No RF (my variant)
100% base spell dmg
+25% dmg from belt
+62% dmg from shield
+10% from Shavs
+99% dmg from tree
(+88% dmg from Iron Will)
* 1.3 Pain Attunement
=~384% increased spell damage
=(~499% increased spell damage w/Iron Will)

Those numbers will vary slightly depending on your exact tree and gear, but it illustrates the comparison well, I think.

Note that you do get 2% lightning penetration in my variant (8% more modifier against capped enemies) and you also get a sizeable boost in survivability by using a high ES shield.

My conclusion is that the "official" variant goes to a lot of hassle to sustain RF unnecessarily, and that it is not necessarily the best way to make this build at this time. I don't say that to denigrate what OP and goat4dinner have done with the build, I just think my version is better ;)

EDIT Optimized the tree slightly to get more spell damage. The above tree is up to date but the math is a bit old (would be more dmg on my variant than currently)
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Sep 6, 2014, 10:13:15 PM
Are you sure that RF multiply pain attunement damage? I thought that those two more multipliers together were added, not multiplicated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info