[1.2] 'Say hello to my little friend' 40K Puncture/28K LMP Lightning Arrow

"
Bed wrote:
Yeah I'm sure FA is perfectly good for some builds, I just like to be provocative sometimes ;P

Worth noting I don't actually use this gem setup, the mana cost wouldnt be viable for my build - that was just to demonstrate maximum DPS potential... I actually run an effective 3-link since I also have reduced mana and PCOC linked which don't directly increase dps (could get higher tooltip frenzy with PCOC on SA instead)

I do 55k tooltip with my normal 5L setup (frenzy, inc crit multi, PPAD, reduced mana, PCOC), working on a 6L :) (added fire)

Yeah for me Faster Attacks is a waste of time, and a massive mana killer. When I have a full 7 Frenzy charges I'm attacking at 4.3 APS. FA isn't going to increased that drastically, and I have enough trouble maintaining mana on 4.3 APS let alone anything more.

I am lucky enough to have a 6L piece of Body armor. Currently I'm running this setup.

But I will look into, Frenzy > Phys Proj > Added Fire > WEP > Crit Damage > Crit Chance instead of Pierce.

Also I am very seriously considering a 4th major respec of this build. By removing the Charisma, Mana Geyser and Primal Spirit (the Aura and Mana Nodes around Ranger Start) I can free up 14 Points which I can then spend on Crit nodes raising my crit from passive to around 500% before gear. This will also allow me to get a significant number of extra life nodes, raising my increased life percentage to 254% from 200%.

I would then have to run all attacks on Blood Magic. But I would have significantly more crit chance, more crit multiplier and also more base physical damage. Which should offset the loss of one gem.

I already have 4% life leech, I can add another 4% life leech through gear easy enough making sure I hit the leech cap.

Here is the tree I am thinking of. Which is basically the standard crit ranger tree.

Thoughts on this tree?

Heh - as you can see, Crit based bow builds have been pretty well optimized by so many people now, and after a lot of trial and error - they end up looking very much like that ^.^

I remember when I made mine I thought the Scion Circle of life was a great idea, only to figure out afterwards there was actually more life up in Shadow, along with all those great crit nodes. That respec sucked.
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
"
Asidra wrote:
Heh - as you can see, Crit based bow builds have been pretty well optimized by so many people now, and after a lot of trial and error - they end up looking very much like that ^.^

I remember when I made mine I thought the Scion Circle of life was a great idea, only to figure out afterwards there was actually more life up in Shadow, along with all those great crit nodes. That respec sucked.

Yeah... I kinda am just gonna leave this guide as a 'Please learn from my mistake' type scenario.

My build is OK. But not great. Any major issue with BM/LL like I am thinking?
This is pretty common with Lightning Arrow because of it's high cost and lesser amount of Physical damage. You were doing well to run it on mana in the first place. I am not sure if 6% Physical only leech will cut it, but my gut is telling me no. I think you are going to need LGOH of Life Leech linked as well, at least on LA. You can probably get away with 6% leech on gear for the Frenzy which does much more Physical damage.

And no worries, man. Guides are to help the community - not showcase our genius and perfection. There's a lot of useful stuff in your guide, and a lot of great discussion in the thread.

Edit: If you put Mind Drinker back on, you may be able to still run Frenzy on Mana and use BM for LA only.
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
Last edited by Asidra on Jun 17, 2014, 9:14:51 PM
"
Asidra wrote:
This is pretty common with Lightning Arrow because of it's high cost and lesser amount of Physical damage. You were doing well to run it on mana in the first place. I am not sure if 6% Physical only leech will cut it, but my gut is telling me no. I think you are going to need LGOH of Life Leech linked as well, at least on LA. You can probably get away with 6% leech on gear for the Frenzy which does much more Physical damage.

And no worries, man. Guides are to help the community - not showcase our genius and perfection. There's a lot of useful stuff in your guide, and a lot of great discussion in the thread.

Edit: If you put Mind Drinker back on, you may be able to still run Frenzy on Mana and use BM for LA only.

Nah mind drinker alone won't work, the reason I was able to run both Frenzy and Lightning Arrow on Mana was because of the added mana regen rate of the three big mana nodes I had. Even with 5% mana leech I wouldn't be able to run frenzy without pots. Also losing the Aura nodes means my effective mana pool decreases by about 150. So it's just not possible.
Yep, you need lots of mana to run these two skills on mana. I have 743 mana and can run them on 5L mostly without problem, but I can use only one aura (no aura nodes btw), and I can't spam LA, which is linked to GMP/Pierce instead of LMP/chain to keep the cost in the seventies instead of 100+. I'll try LMP/chain once I hit lvl 20 on these two supports, with BM instead of WED.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
AngryCustard wrote:
"
Bed wrote:

Heya I thought I would finally say something about this build, love how well it works though I built my build ALMOST EXACTLY the way your thinking of respecting. Figured I would post it along with my gear.

Gear
Spoiler

Replacing Avenger's Jade Flask of Grounding with the Topaz Flask when need lightning resisit

Got really lucking on the corruption of drillneck :)

Difference between our two builds is I run LA and Frenzy on blood magic, which it sounds like you will be switching too. Also you should thinking about using
it alllows you to not have to get +30 strength or Intelligence nodes not to mention it has a high life leech allowing me to drop life leech gem from Frenzy setup!

Well hope this helps give some ideas and again thanks for the guide!
Is this viable on invasion?
"
APCY wrote:
Is this viable on invasion?

No, you're far too likely to one bang yourself against reflect mobs. Piece/LA and hardcore are not a friendly combination.

If you fire LA with LMP and Pierce at a reflect mob, it is possible that every monster in that mob recieves up to 4 hits for each time you fire. This stacks on the hits pretty quickly and you have a lot of damage coming back your way.

"
Razandor wrote:
"
AngryCustard wrote:
"
Bed wrote:

Heya I thought I would finally say something about this build, love how well it works though I built my build ALMOST EXACTLY the way your thinking of respecting. Figured I would post it along with my gear.

Gear
Spoiler

Replacing Avenger's Jade Flask of Grounding with the Topaz Flask when need lightning resisit

Got really lucking on the corruption of drillneck :)

Difference between our two builds is I run LA and Frenzy on blood magic, which it sounds like you will be switching too. Also you should thinking about using
it alllows you to not have to get +30 strength or Intelligence nodes not to mention it has a high life leech allowing me to drop life leech gem from Frenzy setup!

Well hope this helps give some ideas and again thanks for the guide!

Damn! Extra Arrow Drillneck?! You wouldn't even need LMP anymore. The damage potential of that is insane.

I can't run carnage heart as I need to gain resists off my amulet. Also the loss in life is pretty aids.
Last edited by AngryCustard on Jun 18, 2014, 6:59:20 PM
"
AngryCustard wrote:
"
APCY wrote:

Damn! Extra Arrow Drillneck?! You wouldn't even need LMP anymore. The damage potential of that is insane.

I can't run carnage heart as I need to gain resists off my amulet. Also the loss in life is pretty aids.

Hmm intersting idea dropping LMP, going to see how well that works! :P

I've found the life loss isent to bad for me but then again I play more glass cannon so am more comfortable playing with less health (started killing piety with only 1.7k hps on merciless). With carnage I am at 3.7k health.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info