Molten Strike

"
Malgator wrote:
@ tommy: wait, chain works? really?

i was talking about damage and utility. but yes, as combo this should work well. altough life gain on hit could be more effective than life leech

yes loh is sick!

you get +100%MORE if you selfcurse punishment yourself to gain reflect
yesterday I tested loh totems, and they not get effectiveness penalty
all skill trigger 100% loh on totems
my barrage gmp ranged attack totem was healing for like 4k life per sec
my firestorm spell totem Cybil's Paw was facetanking multiple monsters at ones
my flame totem, 16loh from spells, facetanked dam great

for my screen, I simply put a few gems together to test its mechanics (GMP+LMP)
ofc, a multistrike instead of the LMP, is a lot better

I would haved hoped that my molten strike hits, not happen all in 1moment
to create trigger intervals on cwdt-reflect or coc
like ground slam does

e/
"
Kenrian wrote:
"
So depending on these things the most efficient gems/efefcts seem to be:
- added damage
- LMP/GMP
- Point blank
and eventually incresed/decresed skill duration, depending on wether it works and what youwant to do with it

What about with multistrike/ faster attack and GMP ? with life leech ?

from what I understand the reasent patch, before this patch
nerved leech
it not works vs multitargets / multiple hits in 1 instant vs solo target
its crap, without vaalpact (not even know if vaal pact makes it less crap(
Last edited by Tommyvv on May 1, 2014, 10:42:23 AM
Do the explosions run an accuracy roll?
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Last edited by TehHammer on May 1, 2014, 11:08:20 AM
I heavy strike for single target, but infernal blow+melee splash for clearing everything but the toughest bosses. At first flush this skill seems like a midpoint between the two. The dps and clear seems that way, anyway.

I've been using molten strike, but without melee splash, for better single target damage with some area attack. I've built my character around a ton of physical damage nodes, so I'm probably missing the point, but that is what it feels like to me.

For me, biggest bonus is single target without annoying knockback and a new pretty skill to look at. Biggest drawback so far? - The graphic is so thick, and I attack so fast, that I often can't tell what is underneath all that molten lava I'm layering on everything, if anything at all.
not working with facebreaker....

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHYYYYYYYYYY GGG? why no love for FB?????????????????

*tears*
Forum pvp
"
lolozori wrote:

*tears*
Iknorite? :'(

I personally think that the best setup would be:
Molten Strike + MultiStrike + Conc Effect + Fire Pen + BM + LGoH
Using Avatar of Fire to get 100% Fire Conversion to make use of the Penetration. WED is also a possibility.

I disagree with everyone saying to use LMP/GMP, the Attack already has 3 Projectiles, adding any more just decreases the Damage of each one, and forcing you to rely on unpredictable Projectiles to all hit the same Target to even get [naerly] the SAME Damage.. You're FAR better off using nearly any other Support...

PS. Why hasn't anyone posted the Gem yet? :P
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on May 1, 2014, 11:50:52 AM
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
"
lolozori wrote:

*tears*

Using Avatar of Fire to get 100% Fire Conversion to make use of the Penetration. WED is also a possibility.

I disagree with everyone saying to use LMP/GMP, the Attack already has 3 Projectiles, adding any more just decreases the Damage of each one, and forcing you to rely on unpredictable Projectiles to all hit the same Target to even get [naerly] the SAME Damage.. You're FAR better off using nearly any other Support...

You do not get 100% conversion, it does not calculate that way. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but you will end up with less dps. As it converts a %, then another % of what physical is left. Not cumalitive, ie 50% of 100 physical, leaves you with 50, then 60% of that by the gem. Instead of 60% of 100 physical you would get. (it is not 50% + 60% = 100%) Since it scales with physical damage and not fire you will end up with less dps.
Last edited by eshiro on May 1, 2014, 12:19:55 PM
This skill needs a little bit more of range, like ground slam, to be fully effective...right now it feels like a heavy "splash" strike...that's all.
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
"
lolozori wrote:

*tears*

great post about the damage and all
and about the amounth of projectiles hitting 1 target per 1 attack
for myself, I like GMP, for extra loh
but you made me understand, it not always means more loh
somehow it feels that GMP makes more then the standard 2from the 3 that hit 1 target

I used - volls + only molten shell, to see howmany power charges I gained from 1 crit, vs 1 target
5/5 times I get 2 power charges

if I link GMP, I get max amount of power charges (only3atm)

but it shows to me that like GMP on barrage, not always means less damage

GMP=+4 and *0.5
barrage=4 and
the dps is the same, but you get more loh/procs

e/
xmvmx
if you seek range, link increased AoE + get AoE gears+passives
not that I think it need that, you should facetank!
its somekinda close combat melee projectiles
Lightning strike is for long range
needs point black passive? stronk!
I myself need a little bit damage, so I can reflect physical to myself via shackles-punishments! for +100%MORE loh! and mana on hit, for MoM
Last edited by Tommyvv on May 1, 2014, 12:23:11 PM
"
irukandji wrote:
well i have tested the new skill now on my ls build i made for the ambush/invasion league and honestly at least for a piety farmer its a good one.

dps shown - like all the conversion skill (aka. physical portion will get other element) is only the melee dps. for me that was on a 5l (including bloodmagic) 14k with not a single fire note on the tree not any fire dmg on gear at lv1 (hatred on, 300+ dps sword)

with gmp/lmp it adds a lot more projectiles and with conc. effect i killed piety in maybe 5-6 hits "shotgunning" with the projectiles. i wasnt even able to cull here cause she went down that fast.

my char is ofc not optimised for the skill but if you have a high phys dps sword and maybe add in added fire - melee phys - conc. effect. - lmp/gmp/fa - multistrike it could be a nice piety/domi farmer skill instead of the usual melee cyclone/reave/spec throw ones.

as an aoe i dont think it is worth it i would prefer reave/lightning strike over it because of the range - even with carcass + aoe notes on tree this might not give you enough aoe power at all. i might be wrong ... skill looks at least supernice and i might try to make a build for it.

not sure if i ever saw a burn effect on mobs from the balls striking them but i might be wrong with that assumption. ooh and the manacost seems affordable (think lv10 was like 10 mana without other multiplier) at lv12 it was 11??

im sure someone will make a nice build with it but it will be more of a niche one

ps: i have made 10+ other pietyruns with different gemsetups now and i somewhat think conc. effect doesnt work at all (or only on a small base) sometimes i shotgun with the projectiles - means very fast dead - and sometimes not. without bloodmagic and including weapon ele i got on a 5l 18k+ dps (single target i know) and manacost are even lower then i thought (lv12 cost only 9 mana) my best setup would be molten strike - multi - weapon ele - melee phys - fa - ll/lmp/gmp/lgoh depending on what your doing.

i try later in a lv74+ map once that gem hits lv15+ till now im a bit dissapointed now. (though it looks damn nice)

Melee Physical Damage support gem would only boost the 40% not converted to fire, correct? As wed only boosts the converted60% to fire. so boosting physical via passives would benefit most.

edit; stocking up on elemental and fire nodes in passive wouldnt be as beneficial.
Last edited by eshiro on May 1, 2014, 1:37:47 PM
I'm loving this skill so far. This is what I found so far.

- Chain and fork does not work, even though the tool tip says so.
- Faster and slower projectiles does not affect the projectiles in any way.

I tried point blank but could not tell if it made any difference. I am also not sure if point blank measure the time relatively to the max length of the projectile will be alive or if it is relative to some absolute value, such as one second.

- It works nice with concentrated and increased area of effect.
- It works well with more physical projectile damage.
- Lesser and greater multiple projectiles works like a charm.

All explosions from the projectiles can hit the same enemy, which makes this skill superb. The direction of the projectiles can not be controlled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info