Molten Strike

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Jan 10, 2024, 1:42:00 PM
first!

i never really cared much for the melee skills in this game, but i'm thinking i can have fun with this. fire! fire!
Last edited by Kinnick on Apr 30, 2014, 10:44:13 PM
This is the kind of skill that makes me want to re-roll. GG GGG.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
Testing it now. Wondering what quality does to that gem? Anyone tried?
quality adds fire damage.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
Is this as lightning stike 1 main attack and some projectiles?

Only the projectiles do area damage?
I'm loving the skill so much. Running it with a scion coz I was thinking of messing with elemental equilibrium. Since it's a range skill hitting frost nova should give me 50% more to every mob the magma bombs hit. I got this idea when I entered a ele equi corrupt area and it was just awesome. I'm still kinda torn between going 2h or maybe dual scepter xD.

The difference with lightning strike is that the balls that shoot out will hit every mob in the radius. So it's kinda like 3 aoe projectile bombs from what I noticed.
Last edited by shanepaw123 on Apr 30, 2014, 11:43:07 PM
I think this skill is mediocre at best, there are other skills in the game right now that do a better job than this skill. It's slightly better than Infernal Blow in almost all areas because the bombs don't reflect, where as Infernal Blow outright kills you if you do enough damage.

It's an elemental melee skill that's a delayed version of Sweep that doesn't have an annoying knock back.

Currently my Leap Slam build is still far superior than this skill in terms of efficiency. Therefore I would say that GGG did a great job in terms of making this skill look really cool, I mean you can tell by the visual effects of this skill that GGG has stepped up their game. However, in terms of game play elements, you basically build around this skill like Infernal Blow, trying to get as much increased Fire Damage from the passive tree as possible. The delay of those bombs can be mitigated by having faster projectiles, but it would not make sense because there are better support gems that can augment this skill.

10/10 for style points.
IGN: Zarithinor
Timezone: PST
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/krithusful
Infernal Blow Templar Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/441227
Zarithinor's Mirroring Service and Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/434938
I'm seriously loving this skill. I rerolled just to try this out with my Avatar of Fire/Infernal Blow Marauder build. The same tree works perfectly for this.

So far I haven't been super impressed with Molten Strike as a means of clearing groups. The balls are a bit slow and clunky, plus they aren't guaranteed to hit everyone you want to hit. It really seems to shine as a single target skill, though. I like to farm Merveil before going on to act II to get some decent gear. With Molten Strike, I was killing her way, way faster than with the other single target abilities.

I'm not sure how it'll work at higher levels yet, but it's definitely powerful and a lot of fun early on.

Edit: At level 19, I just killed the Weaver before she had a chance to run away. I've never done that before. The single target damage on this skill is amazing. When you add in the fact that it's killing various other enemies attacking you at the same time, it's even more impressive.

Edit 2: Killed normal Dominus's second form in about 8 seconds with a an 87% recipe mace and no special gear. I can only imagine how ridiculous this skill's going to be when people use in tuned builds.
Last edited by Jennik on May 1, 2014, 8:43:12 AM
First impression is that it's not good for leveling. Probably will be better later on with LMP/GMP but the balls seem to be extremely random, making damage fairly inconsistent.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info