[1.3] Blood Line / Torment Dual strike. Strike your way through maps Beginner Friendly

Hey, do you think this build is viable for the two week race? If so, can it be done with no uniques and mostly self found/light trade gear?
"
Hey, do you think this build is viable for the two week race? If so, can it be done with no uniques and mostly self found/light trade gear?

yeah this build can be surely be done in the 2 week race, i would focus on getting a Wings of entropy since a Bringer of rain will be hard to get early in the league for the rest it basicly works the same and the WoE give enough defence to replace the BoR only your damage would be slightly less

"
Sure, i have a question about survivability, how how much dmg can stand the build? What about spells or big hits? Can you stay alive in hard situations or is better to run and come back? :)
with this build if you are using a life leech gem you can almost tank anything, for example i can do the trio fight at atziri without moving and im not using self cast immortal call, you only have to watch out for like being triple shock stacked at piety boss or Dominus smash when ur health isn't that high yet
@Burning_throw
Dual strike guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/911087
Please don't call a build with Soul Taker a cheap build ;).
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"

This.
"
Speelbeer wrote:

The 40 Exalt build
Spoiler

Get yourself one of those shiny nice soultakers and you damage will go up to 35K+ u can choose to run a life leech gem for more survivabilty or a added fire gem for more damage!

First:
"35k+" is a number pulled out of your ass. It depends heavily on the rest of the gear.
Do I have attackspeed and/or physical damage on my gloves and jewelry?
What DpS does my secondary weapon do?
What Level are the Gems? Do they have 20 quality?

That number can literally jump between 20 and 60k.

Second:
Soultaker doesn't really do anything for your DpS as a Dualstriker.
DS has a very low mana cost and can easily be run on 2% mana leech.
You have only Grace+Hatred, with lvl20 reduced mana this is only 85% of your mana reserved.

You go up in Damage if:
a) your weapon did worse DpS than soultaker.
b) you for some reasons used a bloodmagic gem

---

Getting to 100k DpS with an "insane Aura dude" in your party and probably stacking each and every impractical gem doesn't say or mean anything. Why do you even write it in the thread title?

Your real DpS is 36k.
Which is... ok. Not great, but ok. A pretty average number for a Dualstrike build with that quality of gear.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"

you have the option to get a soultaker but it is not required, and i posted the other MUCH CHEAPER options.
@Burning_throw
"
First:
"35k+" is a number pulled out of your ass. It depends heavily on the rest of the gear.
Do I have attackspeed and/or physical damage on my gloves and jewelry?
What DpS does my secondary weapon do?
What Level are the Gems? Do they have 20 quality?

That number can literally jump between 20 and 60k.

Second:
Soultaker doesn't really do anything for your DpS as a Dualstriker.
DS has a very low mana cost and can easily be run on 2% mana leech.
You have only Grace+Hatred, with lvl20 reduced mana this is only 85% of your mana reserved.

You go up in Damage if:
a) your weapon did worse DpS than soultaker.
b) you for some reasons used a bloodmagic gem

---

Getting to 100k DpS with an "insane Aura dude" in your party and probably stacking each and every impractical gem doesn't say or mean anything. Why do you even write it in the thread title?

Your real DpS is 36k.
Which is... ok. Not great, but ok. A pretty average number for a Dualstrike build with that quality of gear.

First of all 35k is a rough avarage, it can vary, but not more then 10k unless you have some godly gear which pumps it up alot more. just to explain i paid 20-25C for the rest of the gear, so i would see 35K as a minimum.

Yes, soultaker increases your damage alot. this build is almost impossible to run with 2 Aura's and still to function on mana. when you start as a ranger you get some more attack speed then you would start as dualist/marauder, so your mana costs goes up even more. ive tried multiple setups with even 4% mana leech and dropping an aura and i still was unable to run it on mana.

that 100k was with a aura guy which even didnt had all the aura node's. if i would do it now i would be able to get 150k+ and i only switched 1 gem, which would be still perfect usable.

and let's be honest 36k, i clear maps as fast as my lowlife spectral thrower, maybe even faster because of leap slam with mobility. why would you need more
and my gear... i personally find it somewhat decent but not great at all i would reall get IAS on ring and or gloves with phys damage that would do wonders.

@Burning_throw
Last edited by Speelbeer on May 17, 2014, 10:16:51 AM
"
Speelbeer wrote:
"

you have the option to get a soultaker but it is not required, and i posted the other MUCH CHEAPER options.
Yes, but just as you said above, it's much harder to run such a setup on mana. So I believe you must then propose good alternatives. Using a BM gem in BoR will ruin dps. Going for some decent mana and regen on gear as well as on tree might the solution (it is for bow ranger). You should make a paragraph about this.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
Completed 5 ChallengesSpeelbeer wrote:
"

Yes, but just as you said above, it's much harder to run such a setup on mana. So I believe you must then propose good alternatives. Using a BM gem in BoR will ruin dps. Going for some decent mana and regen on gear as well as on tree might the solution (it is for bow ranger). You should make a paragraph about this.

thanks for the advice, but it will not ruin your damage, i tested it myself and got up to 18-20k dps which is more then enough to clear -75 maps
@Burning_throw
IIRC, resolute techniques increases tooltip dps way more than real dps, since it's based on monsters your level. Also, you're wasting the blind on your helm by taking iron reflexes.

Try this build: http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgQAAecDhwR-BLEFLQW1DPIQ8BQgFfAYTRiRGtsbrR3KIWAj9iSbJd8mlScvKNsshTBxMHw0kzY9Nug6QjpYPs9AoEF0ROdHfkp9S3hMYE4qUEdRR1RJVUtW-loaWkhbr18_YEth4mNwZU1ngGegbXtuaXBydO108XYreEl67311fyuAioN8hNmHGYd2h9uMNo19jb-QCpP8lWaZK565pKyly6cwqAeqf6q4q8Wuz6-itUi2QbyfvYG95r6nwQTGotN-1CPWit0N3ajf7-Of53TrFOuO7g7vDu9O7-Pv8PIv9035Y_zF_ro=

with blood dance boots, hatred/purity of elements/purity of lightning, and lightning coil. You can use blood rage (cast or CWDT) for frenzy charges, or you could use a 4L frenzy.

It's basically what I'm running, but I'm using frenzy as the main attack and dropped 4L dual strike for a linked vaal cyclone, although I'm debating switching it up to 4L frenzy and 5L dual strike.

Also, I run axe/sword so I can use whirling blades, and I get a little sword bonus on two of my life nodes. Whirling blades is just so damn good, especially when paired with such high life regen, because by the time you've moved out of harm's way you've regen'd a considerably chunk of HP.

At 10+ aps, your tiny crit chance adds up to some serious flask regen with surgeon's flasks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info