The Definitive Guide to Parties (WIP)

Added the Culling and Magic Find section.
"
Spysong192 wrote:
I red "The Definitive Guide to Panties (WIP)"

Lol, I'm afraid you're at the wrong forum for that. Also, I won't be able to share a link with you for the correct forum but good luck :P.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919132

Note that what you stated about "increased experience" is not true, apparently.

Players only gain the experience they normally would if they were solo, but it is also reduced by effective level and you only get a part of the experience you normally would depending on the number of players there.

The only reason to party is to gain the same, or slightly less, experience in a much shorter period of time.
Just read your culling update.

It's worth mentioning that with the introduction of vaal gems, culling strike can now be rolled as a GLOBAL implicit on weapons.

(this should work on both spells and attacks if a player is wielding a weapon with this mod corrupted)

If only to make players aware this is also possible. (-1 gem in link set-up = O P :P )

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
Just read your culling update.

It's worth mentioning that with the introduction of vaal gems, culling strike can now be rolled as a GLOBAL implicit on weapons.

(this should work on both spells and attacks if a player is wielding a weapon with this mod corrupted)

If only to make players aware this is also possible. (-1 gem in link set-up = O P :P )

Peace,

-Boem-

Not just a gem, but a gem that offered little besides culling. Now it opens up another socket for even more damage.
OHMAHGAWD, A KITTY!
"Quality and quantity of item drops also increases with more players which means you get more and better stuff."

This can be missleading. The quality and quantity increases per player, but the items dropped are distributed with all party members. In the end every party member receives far less items than soloing.

The main reasons to play in group are:

1-Extreme synergy. In esence, turning a (1+1)/2 into a (1.5+1.5)/2.
For example a suport-culler + a pure dps + a summoner.

2-Inability to sustain high level maps pool as solo. With groups you split the cost of rerolling maps with 6 people instead of only 1. Aparently, this is the way to go if min/maxing.

3-Tired of soloing, or just enjoying playing with people more. Self explanatory.

The point 1 is impossible in public parties. You often see the oposite: half people doing different paths, a culler who can't use flask because he is CI and someone is running a lvl 20 clarity, some melees going 4 screens away ignoring rangeds (and wasting 1/3 of map xp), dischargers oneshotting things which can't be culled, some guy splitting groups so the team AoE is less efective, and the list goes on. I've even seen some guys trying to kill a guy, grouping a huge pack at residence stairs.

For me, public parties are a chaotic hell. Their only function is meeting lots of people, and building a playgroup after some time.
Culler-support build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617230
Dedicated support build https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1702757
Last edited by dulahan200 on May 11, 2014, 12:42:53 PM
"
dulahan200 wrote:
The point 1 is impossible in public parties. You often see the opposite: half people doing different paths, a culler who can't use flask because he is CI and someone is running a lvl 20 clarity, some melees going 4 screens away ignoring rangeds (and wasting 1/3 of map xp), dischargers oneshotting things which can't be culled, some guy splitting groups so the team AoE is less effective, and the list goes on. I've even seen some guys trying to kill a guy, grouping a huge pack at residence stairs.

We've been able to avoid 90% of that by just being very specific about what type of build/play styles are allowed in the party and kicking idiot gogogo players.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info