My Money Spender Build (Going Out With a Bang)

After dedicating copious amounts of time to PoE, logging over 2335 hours (~97.3 days) of playtime over the course of about a year and a half, I have finally decided to take a break from The Game. Not because the game is bad, not because it has digressed in any way, simply because I have done all I sought to do, and much, much more. This is an attest to how truly amazing and creative the game is.

On having the mental shift that PoE was no longer going to be my main game, I wanted to make a build to "go out on a bang" with. I'll say it right now, this build is not cheap, and it isn't the safest of builds, but it is sure as hell a lot of fun. And fairly effective. I call it the "Low-Life-Block-Chance-Cyclone-Build". Now to some people who have even a slight grasp on theory crafting it might seem like just another rich man's build, but I think I have added a lot of clever mechanics and depth to the build. I hope you feel the same after seeing what items/skills I have chosen to utilize. Here is a quick overview.

19k DPS with 6 Frenzy Charges
Spoiler

Defenses
Spoiler

Character Overview
Spoiler

Passive Tree

Note that I would take Harrier Next, then Slice and Dice. Then Weathered Hunter and lastly more ES. My accuracy is currently at 79% and those would bump my dps up quite a bit. Slice and Dice is one of the most over powered Axe Nodes when you have to account for accuracy.

First off, with any low-lifer that is not using a spell a Shav's is almost mandatory.

This is simply because you have to invest more points into damage and less are open for ES. Not to mention you have to commute between all the different The gems are Cyclone, Melee Phys, Added Fire, Faster Attacks, Conc Effect and Increased AoE. Note that the build could have used many other skills but I opted for cyclone because it wouldn't be too hard to get the colors needed. (My original intent was to use Double-Strike, Multi-Strike, Melee Phys, Splash, Faster Attacks, and whatever the last color was to throw something in there. ~10k chromes later I changed my mind..) Also note that I am not using Multi-Strike, this is a lot more manageable for preventing too much reflect damage and personally I can't stand when I have to wait for cyclone to finish moving to a mob far away that multi-strike has targeted, not to mention desync.. Also this makes Unwavering Stance unnecessary because of the innate stun immunity that Cyclone has.

Next there is the weapon. Cyclone is a MANA-EATER. Especially without Multi-Strike. That being said, a Siege Axe is basically mandatory in this build as well..

Notice that this is non legacy so the tool-tip is about 1/3 less than what a legacy Siege Axe would produce.. The gems occupying the axe's slots are the standard CwDT setup with Enduring Cry and Immortal Call.

Since we don't need to worry about mana sustain we can use one of these in our right ring slot..

The main reason I chose to use this was to be able to run Blood Rage without degenning. This was my original intent with this build and actually made me choose to use most of the items I do. I know of the off-hand switch to toggle BR off but I didn't want to have to keep track of degen. I chose to run Siege Axe solely because I wanted to do use this BR - Shav's Ring mechanic. Which actually helped drive the build (in the right direction in my opinion).

This brings me to my next item, the one I cast Blood Rage with.

Notoriously one of the most OP items in the game. (along with the items I have already listed..) The shield offers insane survivability. Currently I have 60% block chance and 8700 armor when running grace. (This isn't usually needed so I run Hatred in it's place)

If you look at the gems that are actually slotted you will notice that I am running Blood Magic on Blood Rage. This is to be able to cast it since I have practically all my mana reserved and just enough HP to cast BR.

To get spell block these are nice..

Spell block is a nice luxury for this build but not mandatory, considering that our resistances are 80%+. These shouldn't be too hard to replace. If you do however want more
res and to blow more money than you would have at this point, you could always grab one of these..

This brings me to the actually jewelry I use.

Basically just stack phys and res. Nothing too special.

Stacking more phys I opted to use this particular belt and helm.

Again, pretty standard. In my Abyssus is my BM Auras. I am running Purity of Ice and Purity of Lightning.

Lastly, since I don't have to worry about mana, I am using these gloves.

The +1 to elemental gems and the level 3 Empower Bump up my Purity of Fire to level 23. I have Discipline in there as well to help out in increasing my somewhat low amount of ES. You could opt to get better gloves and a level 4 Empower but I didn't want to go entirely bankrupt..

Like I said, this build is not cheap in the slightest but I really enjoy the clever use of mechanics and thought it was an appropriate build to end on. I just wanted to share. If you actually took the time to read this far, I appreciate it. And I hope you enjoyed it as much as I do! May the RNG be with you friends! All Hail Holy Kuduku!
Last edited by Freckles on Apr 29, 2014, 11:51:53 PM
Best of luck with your future gaming. Come back and check out act 4 whenever that is! Cool goodbye post. Seeya around.
stop over moderating that makes the official forums useless
"
bchan wrote:
Best of luck with your future gaming. Come back and check out act 4 whenever that is! Cool goodbye post. Seeya around.

Thanks man! Definitely planning on it :)
^
free bump :)
^
Looks good, man.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
^
"
Daresso wrote:
Looks good, man.

Thanks man :) Plays really fun if you have the currency for this kinda build!
^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info