The Headbang Gang - Elemental Spirits Animator Scion build

btw vaal summon skeleton is awesome offensive skill with this build. rs+20-40 weapons+vaal skeles u can utterly rape most bosses within seconds
Cool build. Any updates?
This character is currently on my back burner, but I did level her to 81 and went up to soloing 77s before that. Did both shipyards and shrines, both doable although Piety is a pain in the ass since she instakills all your minions. Also did some 75s and 76s with very challenging mods that none of my other builds could do.
I'm proud I made the build that got hotfix nerfed by 80% in under a week :
Kamikaze Clones /1204796 (LL Mirror Arrow Instability Prolif)
I think I'm going to try out your build. I made a small few changes to the skill tree (for a few more points) to include half of the spectre wheel up top. I also wanted to include the 'Bones of Ullr' boots to the build, so I can include two spectres instead of one. I thought grabbing some of those Frenzy Gorillas from the Old Fields (etc) would work well in the build.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABBkkIZxGWFSAXLxg8GYUZhhmKGjgabBqPHNwdqh2-HpQkPCSqJLAnqSj6KhMqTSynL2826TyOPydFnUZxSVFNuVXGVi1XyVltWfNaK1ptWpFfmGaeaqxsFm-ecLt6qn_GgKSCHoLHgwmD24VghtGPRpBVkyeTOpitmuCboZu1na6io6PypqynCKdcp4SofarErD-sR6x_tAy4k70nwBrB88M6ykrMvM5xz2XQ0NP72RPa3dsL3FfhiONq6rrrLOvu89322vfX-ej60vsJ_Es=
Last edited by Jakzca on Jun 1, 2014, 11:54:14 PM
(little update to the main post to include the progree report above, and intregation of Vaal Haste which is absolutely beastly for this build. Scream "Overdrive !!" or something to that effect when activating for the best results).

Seems solid, Jakzca, that should work. I dislike frenzy apes personally as they tend to try and melee stuff, and get dead. Especially since we take 0 minion life nodes. There's also the pressing issue of limited gem space - I'm not sure what could be sacrificed to squeeze spectres in. Bones is of course good if you go for spectres, but I like goldwyrms too much for this build - it has the interesting property of turning IIQ into DPS ! (more drops = more white weapons = more animate weapons = more oomph)
Last edited by PepprmintButler on Jun 5, 2014, 11:37:59 PM
I'm leveling this build right now. Currently level 30 and breezing through Act 3 Normal.

Couple notes and a couple questions. For leveling purposes, I am currently using Melee splash and it works wonderfully. I completely trust the OP in that later on it isn't needed, but early on its awesome since you don't have a ton of skulls out at a time.

For the animate weapon, how is chance to hit calculated on those? I assume it doesn't use YOUR chance to hit?

Also, what about life and life regen? Looking over the passives it seems your only recourse when taking damage is flasks? And not taking damage, but that isnt always possible.

I'd recommend switching to totems when you hit cruel, and go dual totems at the same time. The drop in difficulty upon hitting cruel makes it quite fun. And going just a single totem with raging spirit wasn't effective on the approach to dominus at all.
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.
Last edited by Trapperkeeper on Jun 17, 2014, 10:36:24 AM
Thx for the feedback, Trapperkeeper.

As I understand it, AW has 100% chance to hit. I have never seen them miss, at least. I'm pretty sure they don't use your chance to hit because they continue to work fine when I'm blinded (besides, that would be inconsistent with the way other minions work). I'm not sure whether they can crit or not.

About life and life regen - yes, this builds depends purely on flasks. That's not ideal, but leech is out of the question and regen is very hard to come by in that part of the tree (it does have 1%, but that barely matters).

Good point about not using totems early game, it is indeed not a very good idea to use those right away. Splash is also very good early on.

On a side note, ECHO HYPE ! I'll see when 1.1.5 hits how Echo Spirits perform. It might be worth skipping totems for selfcast.
EDIT : it has now been announced that Raging Spirits will also be buffed for 66% more damage at lvl20 !! Double hype !
Last edited by PepprmintButler on Jun 30, 2014, 9:01:26 AM
Echo and the spirits base damage buff are pretty crazy. I made a new spec to take advantage of it and it will have it's own build guide soon.

Here's a little preview :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B7FHqevygk

And here's the WIP build guide :
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/960795
Last edited by PepprmintButler on Jul 6, 2014, 8:55:07 AM
hi folks !

I'm really interested to try this build but I'm a bit lost with the passive skill tree... What is the path where I should start to put my skill points ?

Is it possible to make a passive skill tree lvl steps, like on some other build ?

Thx a lot !!
I would not recommend this build since 1.1.5. Take a look at this one instead. (includes a full leveling guide)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info