Regnar/Ceto's Ranger Dual Wield Sword Build - Full Guide/Compendium by Ler -Videos included[0.10.2]

Hey Ler,

Eagerly awaiting your viewpoint (and any others) on my crit variation. Thinking it may be better to do this build backwards on a Marauder. They can completely skip the start of ranger and grab the crit without taking any hits on base dmg/accuracy. May end up doing that depending on your insight.
I went ahead and made my crit variation on a marauder.

I'll make this sweet and short since this is not the marauder class forum.

Here's what you gain/lose from this build compared to Ceto's ranger build.

My marauder version:

Pros:

You gain 8% Accuracy.

You gain 20 Dexterity.

You gain 30% Critical Strike Chance.

You gain 40% Critical Strike Multiplier.

Cons:

You lose 6% Attack Speed.

You lose 10% evasion.

You lose 3% block.

You lose 8% physical melee damage.

From this you gain alot more and lose barely anything. Only downfall i see is leveling may be more challenging on Marauder since you get life first instead of damage first as the ranger does. Or perhaps this will make it easier?! Let me pick your brain Ler! Maybe even voice chat?
"
Asho87 wrote:
I went ahead and made my crit variation on a marauder.

I'll make this sweet and short since this is not the marauder class forum.

Here's what you gain/lose from this build compared to Ceto's ranger build.

My marauder version:

Pros:

You gain 8% Accuracy.

You gain 20 Dexterity.

You gain 30% Critical Strike Chance.

You gain 40% Critical Strike Multiplier.

Cons:

You lose 6% Attack Speed.

You lose 10% evasion.

You lose 3% block.

You lose 8% physical melee damage.

From this you gain alot more and lose barely anything. Only downfall i see is leveling may be more challenging on Marauder since you get life first instead of damage first as the ranger does. Or perhaps this will make it easier?! Let me pick your brain Ler! Maybe even voice chat?

Please, stop the spam with build variations.

The build needs highest IAS as possible with high physical damage - Why in hell would you leave 8% physical damage and 4% ias?

So the marauder variation is not the best in my opinion.
Twitch: twitch.tv/gg_nore | Twitter: @Ler_GG
#3 Hardcore Duelist |
IGN: LerLoLGEE
Hi, thanks for a great build.

If im playing Softcore, would this build still be ok if I ignored the x3 8% HP nodes on the far right and instead cut down through the x3 3% increased attack speed nodes leading into the cluster above thick skin.

You lose x3 8% HP nodes
10 Dex

You gain x3 3% attack speed nodes
x1 freed up passive skill point.

Thanks in advance for any help <3
"
Ler wrote:

Please, stop the spam with build variations.

The build needs highest IAS as possible with high physical damage - Why in hell would you leave 8% physical damage and 4% ias?

So the marauder variation is not the best in my opinion.

Wouldn't the 30% inc crit and 40% inc crit damage multiplier outway 4% ias and 8% physical dmg when you've already gotten the bulk of ias and physical dmg the build has to offer? Wouldn't it decrease times in fights from an overall dps boost and increase life leech gains? Can you at least offer some input why you believe 4% ias and 8% physical dmg outweighs the crit/crit multiplier at those levels of already gained ias and physical dmg?

And why wouldn't you want people attempting to tweak this awesome build even more? Ceto/Regnar (creator of this build) didn't have an issue with it in his thread.
So according to the build milestones, you really don't take any DPS boosting nodes (except for Berserking) until the very end.

So in other words, your DPS is mostly dependent on finding the right equipment right?
"
PrinnyAlty wrote:
So according to the build milestones, you really don't take any DPS boosting nodes (except for Berserking) until the very end.

So in other words, your DPS is mostly dependent on finding the right equipment right?

This build does shitload of dps without dps talents, even with shit gear.
You need the DPS passives in late late game.

"
kenelee wrote:
Hi, thanks for a great build.

If im playing Softcore, would this build still be ok if I ignored the x3 8% HP nodes on the far right and instead cut down through the x3 3% increased attack speed nodes leading into the cluster above thick skin.

You lose x3 8% HP nodes
10 Dex

You gain x3 3% attack speed nodes
x1 freed up passive skill point.

Thanks in advance for any help <3

Get life.
#3 Hardcore Duelist |
Should gems be leveled as available, or do you have any preferred thresholds/level caps for various gems?
"
swilstastic wrote:
Should gems be leveled as available, or do you have any preferred thresholds/level caps for various gems?

Just level them.
#3 Hardcore Duelist |
*UPDATE 1.2*
- Added Merciless Act 3 play through.

*Upcoming*
- Best In slot list (Item type related)
- Improved stat list for late game.
- Full socket list for late game.

Stay tuned.