[INVASION] The Flame Surge Scion - Infernal mantle, Three dragons Cast on Crit CI Tank

"
Your block chance isn't technically capped, is it? You get roughly 34% from the tree (I could be off on my count though) with a 28% block chance shield and 4% from tempest shield, and that puts you at 68% block chance. I've never done a high block chance char before; do you think you'll notice or miss that 7% block chance?

You can get 75% block if you wish, you are next to every block node needed.
This looks like a cast on get kicked out of party build. Really cool build though!
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
This looks like a cast on get kicked out of party build. Really cool build though!

Thanks, but this is Invasion. We don't have multiple CoC discharge spammer builds. I run my own maps with 6l coc in title and have regular 6 man party.
"
Zeitgeist9k wrote:
"
klerace wrote:
That's true they can't go over 75%, but fire resist and elemental resist mobs have more overcapped resists that flammability and fire pent has no effect.

This is not true. The Fire/Cold/Lightning pen gems act like more multipliers for your damage regardless of mobs's resistances.

I see, 25% fire to chaos is still vastly superior though.
"
klerace wrote:
"
Zeitgeist9k wrote:
"
klerace wrote:
That's true they can't go over 75%, but fire resist and elemental resist mobs have more overcapped resists that flammability and fire pent has no effect.

This is not true. The Fire/Cold/Lightning pen gems act like more multipliers for your damage regardless of mobs's resistances.

I see, 25% fire to chaos is still vastly superior though.

If you read the comments you should have realized by now that this is complete nonsense. Fire penetration is 30+ MORE damage in EVERY situation. Even against max resist mobs the damage conversion doesn't give you that much and in case of chaos resistant mobs (which there are a lot) it is even far worse than simple unconverted fire damage. Plus it shortens the shocked duration as that is calculated (with the three dargons) on the amount of fire damage you are dealing.
Right now you're rolling strictly on the power of 3dragons. You can take virtually any fast attacking fire skill (flame totem, incinerate, firestorm) and it will roll through maps due to shockstacks.

However, due to your skills being unsupported (loss of fire pene & conc effect is brutal) you'll never reach upper echelon of damage, especially against bosses/resistant enemies. The low defenses will hold you back from reaching a fast clearing speed.

Ideas for improvement:
-faster weapon for CoC
-GMP instead of LMP - more CoC procs as well as quality giving you more APS.
-Try Arctic Breath instead of Fireball.
Pros:
Significantly higher damage
Can ignite
Leaves a trail of slowing ice
Cons:
5% base crit (vs 6)
Slightly lower AoE radius (7 vs 8)
Lags more than fireball

gl.
I've got mostly the same set up but I have trouble leeching from the firestorm alone even on big packs. Another issue I have is 1v1 I have 65% crit chance and still have trouble to proc CoC.

Tree
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAADkgRlhXXGjIc3B0UKMUo-io4LL8tqDyOQ2NGcUcGSshMNVFgVmNXyVj1WfNfamaeZ71uqm-ecFJwVnB9cNVxTX5Zf8aC5IMJhq6IQoqvj0aP-pARkBuQVZJ9kyeYb5oTms-boZ2jncSnCKluqZWxkLQMtfK3MbfWuJO-vMAawFHBxcLsw23KStDQ14bbWdvU2-fesOOC44Tlz-cL6rrr7uwY7m_zvvrS_Ks=

Gear
Spoiler

Update to flame surge barrage! This is a high damage max block tank!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info