Unique Chests in Content Update 1.1.3

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
"
Dellusions wrote:
"
jeppesu wrote:
When do we get something cool in Invasion?

You already got something cool, Scrubcore is for losers, remember?

Since we suck so bad at the game, and can't play nearly as well as you guys, we get free Kaom's hearts. Makes sense IMO.

You make it sound as if I think softcore is for losers, which is not true.
Last edited by jeppesu on Apr 24, 2014, 10:18:53 AM
Is there any difference running boxes unidentified vs identified?
Like item quantity, etc?
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
New content just for (within) a league! Very disappointing indeed.

GGG will be losing more an more players to this stubborn (not listening to the community) approach!
Last edited by Kenza on Apr 24, 2014, 10:33:56 AM
Thank you GGG. Finally a scrub player like me will have a chance to wield koam axe.
Don't see the point of these boxes, a drop rate buff to some of the rarer uniques would've done the same job and could be applied in all leagues. What am I missing? ô_O
"
TRV wrote:
Why the fuck doesnt HC get anything cool like this?
Last I checked hardcore leagues are "designed to kill players" so if you want a fun league rather than a sadist league go to softcore. It's actually pretty nice there.

Theory on the chest: "Guarded by Koam" a Massive Marauder that makes Kole cry himself to sleep.

If the others follow the trend... who has enough uniques? Guarded by Daresso? Guarded by Shavronne?
BreakingHearts/RhoaHood/BackAndVeryLate (Standard) | HushtailSweep/HushtailWeeps (Ancestor)
"
JohnWeps wrote:
I thought armourer's strongboxes were supposed to drop armour only. Why the axe and the ring? Should it not be a "simple" strongbox instead?

And why Kaom? Is this particular strongbox supposed to only drop Kaom related items? Can't it drop Crown of Thorns for example? Players always love that.

Uniques have never followed the strongbox type rules (any strongbox can drop any unique, level permitting); e.g., I got an Icetomb from a Chemist's Strongbox the other day.
"
Chris wrote:
It drops other Kaom uniques also, so there will probably be some QQ threads when someone gets the axe, the ring or the boots instead.

I love you guys! :D
I had thought about these early in the season but I have no idea how you would balance them. First the items inside; how do you decide what it can drop? Any item it can drop will instantly become almost worthless. A guaranteed unique (even a useless one) seems opposed to the basis of this game RNG item hunting.
Spawn rate is another difficult question. At what rate should it spawn and where can it spawn? Is it a better idea to have this spawn in maps only?

I like the idea in theory but I can't help but think that if people know where these spawn they will farm them nonstop. It would definitely be a big gamble to test this out on a new league. Maybe later in the season would be a better time.

I would imagine this thing needs to be guarded by an act boss or vaal corrupted area boss, the difficulty of the ambush army might actually be more important than the items inside.
I wonder if Hillock-Senpai will notice me when I go to town??

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info